Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2005 Santa Fe

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe

3.9

4 out of 5 stars Comfort

Have You Driven the 2005 Hyundai Santa Fe?

Nice but gas hog

by CommonMan from Near Philadelphia on Fri Mar 11 2011

The 2005 Hyundai santa fe 3.6L XL AWD is a very nice car. Interior is very roomy when compared to similar vehicles. I purchased this car w/ 105K on it and for being the 3rd owner I am suprised by how tight the vehicle is and how nicely it still drives. I don't go off road so I can't comment on that, but it did nicely in snow (deepest I encountered was 8 inches). I have 2 complaints - I've had to reacquaint myself with the gas pedal. This thing wants to take off at the slightest press of the pedal (although I understand there is an adjustment for this). The other problem is this car is A GAS HOG. Combined mileage so far (i've had it 3 months) is 15 miles to the gallon, (mind you I go about 70mph on the freeway because if you don't, you'll be run over around here, so I have to take some blame on this). I have yet to take it on a long trip, but highway miles are supposed to be around 23, but I have my doubts. Otherwise, very nice car and if the gas mileage were better' I'd say great car.

Great buy

by Santa Fe Driver from Atlanta, GA on Tue Oct 04 2011

I bought my Santa Fe with about 118,000 miles and it now has 130,000;it's had no mechanical issues so far. I drive about an hour and a half round trip for school and work. I enjoy my "new" Santa Fe a great deal. The car is very user-friendly with a great interior layout and lots of room while also being small enough to easily maneuver. I get an average of 22-24 MPG.

Wow

by Montster Car from Watertown, SD on Wed Jan 28 2009

Living in the upper mid-west this vehicle is perfect. Gets thru snow in winter very well. Good gas milage in the summer and on long trips. Plenty of room for our family of five and all our luggage. Rides great, handles great, and a lot of SUV for the money. My next vehicle will be another Santa Fe. Over 100,000 miles and not a single problem with it. It's one of the best investments I've ever made. Plus I love the way it looks as I have received many compliments on the interior and exterior.

Great Vehicle, Great Value

by Golf Nut from Charlotte, NC on Thu Jan 17 2008

I've owned a 2005 Hyundai Santa Fe for two years. It does great on long trips, excellent on gas and plenty of room for luggage. I've had no mechanical problems with it and it still looks super. It is a very solid SUV.

Super SUV

by Mountain lover from Kansas on Fri Nov 21 2008

I purchased this sporty looking SUV new. I love how it handles and the gas milage is OK. Have never had any mechanical problems Love the 100,000 warranty too. I think Hyundai is starting to top the line of good,reliable vehicles.

Average Styling - Reliable Ride

by Another Working Man from Williamsport, PA on Sat Jul 20 2013

Purchased my 2005 Santa Fe as it fit the storage and hauling capacity required by my wife. Everywhere we go, at least one service dog and a wheelchair tag along. The Santa Fe offers sufficient room to allow a us to take all three large dogs to grandma's if needed. Additionally, I purchased a roof bag to haul that which just won't fit. The roof rack has been a boon on many occasions. The interior will allow for four adults to sit comfortably, but the service dog gets second rate status in the rear storage area. Unfortunately, we purchased the V-6 3.5L in a front wheel drive, so I don't get to comment on the AWD abilities. My wife loves the heated seats and has gotten to use the traction control and ABS several times. We purchased it used, as a clean one-owner 32K model from the local Hyundai dealer. Now with 100K, I should say that I am very pleased at the low maintenance requirements. It has used several brake sets and is due for another. The 3.5L offers plenty of power and is more than willing to spin the drive wheels if one isn't careful with the accelerator. This entry level ride is just that, but has suited our needs. The paint is starting to chip in a few spots, especially on the bumpers. At least plastic doesn't rust. Maintenance - As I change oil, rotate tires, and do brake jobs myself, it has been a cheap car to own. Recently, at 90K I have started to pay for this as several trips to the dealer finally sorted a running issue that cropped up. Throttle body replaced, for $1K was pretty steep and the last three months have been around $3K cumulatively. Don't you know, the cost assessment light is on again on the dash. I hope that these issues aren't the start of the turning point in our relationship.

SUV I've always wanted

by suv mom from Ruston LA on Thu Jul 01 2010

Lots of room, confortable and great design. Traded in a small sports car with 5 speed and got a SUV with automatic.

90,000 easy miles

by Atp2007 from West chester, pa on Thu Nov 09 2017

Have now reached 90k and have had little in the way of problems with this easy to drive confortable vehicle. Replaced 2 batteries and an alternator. All other service appts were factory recalls. Had my son's car not been in an accident and we needed to lend it to him, we'd still be happily driving it. Only reason we did not get another was dissatisfaction with our local Hyundai dealers.

I loved this SUV

by tysbestgirl from Logansport, IN on Sun Jun 04 2017

I truly loved this vehicle. I would probably kept it for my son. If I hadn't wrecked it I would still have it. Loved that it was wide enough I did not feel as if I would tip in it.

Spacious & Affordable Vehicle

by CyNDiAz from Brooklyn, NY on Mon May 15 2017

It's great, spacious and affordable. It has great things like a sun roof, bluetooth technology CD/FM/AM radio, so you can talk on the phone hands-free. You can fold the back seats for more space and there's a roof rack also.

1 2 3 4