2016 Santa Fe

2016 Hyundai Santa Fe

2016 Hyundai Santa Fe

Have You Driven the 2016 Hyundai Santa Fe?

Very Pleased With My New SE

by Fishin Nut from Lewisberry, PA on Fri Jan 15 2016

This makes my third brand new Santa Fe AWD. I had a 2008, a 2011 and now this beautiful 2016. All have preformed well but so far the 2016 seems to be the best of the bunch. Plenty of power, very comfortable, quiet as a mouse and on a recent road trip averaged 27.2 mpg mostly highway...and that was on the first tank of gas. With the 2nd & 3rd rows of seats folded down the cargo area is enormous. I would not hesitate in recommending this vehicle to anyone looking for a new mid-sized SUV. Can't wait for the weather to warm up as I'm anxious to hook up the boat and make my weekly tow south to the upper Chesapeake Bay. Oh, did I mention the 2016 Santa Fe SE can tow up to 5,000 lbs when equipped with just the standard package and aftermarket trailer brakes.The older models were rated @ 3500 lbs. I gave this vehicle 5 stars for reliability based on past ownership.

Love my 2016 Limited Ultimate AWD!

by MH from Chicago on Thu Jan 14 2016

"We traded in our 2014 Santa Fe Sport for the bigger 2016 Santa Fe. We love the Ultimate package.. it has everything we could ever want...with bang for the buck.We shopped and looked at other crossovers but going back to Hyundai was a no brainer. We spent about 10k less than similar cars with similar packages. Owning a Hyundai today is definitely not owning a Hyundai 10 years ago..they are doing an awesome job of keeping up with the competition. I mostly drive around my kids with it..they absolutely love the captains chairs.Going grocery shopping is easy with the automatic gate lift. having the AWD has been awesome this winter.The navigation is easy to use.. My 2014 Santa Fe Sport only went to the dealer for oil changes..never had a problem with it.. so I am very confident with this one. We have gotten compliments on it's looks

More than I expected

by LRamirez from San Juan, Puerto Rico on Wed Dec 30 2015

Love my Grand Santa Fe 2016, spacious, roomy, comfortable and an excellent ride and performance. The technologies are easy to use plus the car have the best warranty in the market

Wonderful vehicle

by SantaFeFan from Olympia, WA on Tue Aug 01 2017

Bought a certified pre-owned 2017 Santa Fe and we're really happy with our purchase. Very smooth ride with nice appointments, plenty of cargo space and lots of power. We intend to buy a small travel trailer to tow.

My favorite vehicle yet!!!!

by Gwen & Richard Frederick from Scott, La on Thu Jun 01 2017

This vehicle is awesome!! It has great lines and drives great!!! We are so excited about this purchase!! This is our fifth Hyundai & it's our favorite so far!!!!

Excellent 3 row SUV choice!

by hornucopia from Houston, TX on Tue Apr 11 2017

2016 Santa Fe Limited Ultimate. Other than a slightly jumpy ride when the road surface is poor, this has been a great SUV choice! Easy to use tech features, plenty of power, lots of room, and nice styling. Plus I paid 4k less than the equivalent Toyota Highlander!

Best Car I've ever owned

by Mom of 2 from Sun Prairie, Wi on Wed Jun 14 2017

This SUV has everything we need and more. We needed an SUV that had a lot of cargo room as well as foot room in the back seat as well as in the front. I love that the back seats recline as well as move forward and back. It was also important that the all of the seats were comfortable not just the driver's and passenger seats. We have several tall family members and it was important to us that no matter where anyone sits, they are all comfortable. Several SUV's that we looked at had very cramped back seats. We also needed an SUV that was easy to drive, powerful but also had great fuel economy. It seems to be an oxymoron but the Santa Fe has all of those attributes. I love the features it has but i'll just list my favorites: * The back up camera. The back-up camera that comes with the Santa Fe is one that seems like it would only belong in a luxury vehicle. It is extremely clear, a large display and in color. I also love that it has a display to show you your location relative to things around you. (You can also see the edge of your bumper). I was surprised by how many vehicles back-up cameras weren't even in color, the Toyota Venza for example. *Comfort- I've stated it before but i love how comfortable this vehicle is. It will definitely be easy to drive for several hours. The vehicle is also very quiet on the highway. Which may or may not be a bad thing in combination with the comfort. Make sure you have something to keep you awake. * cooling system- The air conditioning system is extremely efficient. I love that it has vents on the side of the door in the back seat and even in the 3rd row. The 3rd row can even control their own temp and vent speed. * Cup holders and storage space- There are cup holders by every seat, 3rd row included. I also love that there are storage spaces everywhere. The dog even has a place to put her stuff for the car. My favorite "hiding" place is where you'd expect the spare tire to be. It's divided into 2 sections. On the left is a jack and a tire iron as well as access to the bold holding the spare that's under the car and on the right is the hidden space that i like to put leashes, extra bones and stuff for the dog. It is even accessible with the 3rd row seating up. * The Lift Gate is easy to operate with one hand and it comes up high enough for the taller people in my family not to hit their head on, (It lifts to 6 feet 2 in). Being 5'5", Ive never had a problem but my 5'10" husband hits his head on the lift gate of my mother in law's Ford Edge. Now for my least favorite: (note: these weren't enough to deter the purchase of the vehicle) * There is not a navigation system standard on the Santa Fe Se AWD. Even though it's nice to have, you can sync your phone to the car and use the Nav system on your phone and the car will put it through the speakers. * The sound system is either really weak or we haven't found out how to change it yet. Overall, It is the best vehicle we've ever owned or looked at.

Extremely good value for the money

by Bradly A from San Antonio TX on Mon Oct 09 2017

I looked at the comparable Kia model, but the base model of the Sante Fe had more features than the base model of the Sorento for very similar prices. I love how solid sound it is. Not much road noise at all, it is quieter than expected in the cabin. I just has a very solid feel overall. Milage has been great as well, on out last road trip, we averaged over 27 mpg going 80+. We are very please with it so far. It has plenty of room for a car seat and plenty trunk space.

Not a bad SUV.

by Kaprikorny 79 from Tulsa, Ok on Fri Sep 22 2017

I test drove this vehicle while searching for a second car. I was hesitant but had nothing to lose by trying it out. I was pleasantly surprised by the number of bells and whistles in this car. Features like Eco drive, many controls easily accessible on the steering wheel, wood grain, cd changer just to name a few. Dislikes were the tan interior and cloth seating but that's a personal choice. This is a good car for anyone that likes lots of features for a price that won't break the bank!

Great Car and great on gas

by Shirley Rivera from Deerfield Beach, Fl on Fri Jun 23 2017

Very roomy with a third row seat. Great choice. The kids have plenty of room. Lots of space in the third row seat.

1 2

Our Take on the 2016 Hyundai Santa Fe

Editor's note: This review was written in June 2015 about the 2015 Hyundai Santa Fe. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2016, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

Many of us are on a fruitless, unhealthy pursuit of perfection. As mother to three young daughters (ages 14, 12 and 10), I spend a lot of time advocating for progress rather than perfection — except when it comes to cars.

I've spent 11 years on a quest for the quintessential family car, and while that perfect blend of family-friendly features still eludes me, the 2015 Hyundai Santa Fe comes darn close.

Not to be confused with the smaller, five-seat Santa... Read More