2006 Hyundai Tucson consumer reviews

$17,845–$19,345 MSRP range
side view of 2006 Tucson Hyundai
Explore the 2006 Hyundai Tucson
3.1

It was an OK car, good for its price

This car has given me a bit of trouble at 185,000 miles, but before that it was fairly reliable with regular maintenance. I think I am ready for a new car before my next deployment.

3.9

Simple, Cheap, Reliable Car

Great car overall. Reliable when you keep up with basic maintenance. Basic interior, but it's perfect for first time drivers. Good gas mileage and pretty comfortable on long trips.

4.4

Reliable

Is a reliable car, good on gas and nice exterior design. I will buy another if I had to. But upgrading do to family growing.

1.0

A Camry

I bought a 2006 Hyundai tucson in Florida & I brought it to Boston in the spring .the car never saw a flurry of snow. I get a letter in the mail & I was told there was a recall because they never sprayed the undercarriage with a rust proof application & I spent a horrible winter huge storms & the undercarriage started 2 decay because Hyundai took there sweet time telling us. People want Florida cars because of the rotting process is slower.i told the corp.that they cost me money on the resale .they did nothing in return. I am having all kinds of undercarriage problems in the rain don't buy a 2096 or a Hyundai at all .

HYUNDAI TUCSON WAS GOOD TO ME!!

I loved driving it. I’m a corolla guy and currently own one so I’m selling the SUV. It’s fun to drive. Steers awesome, sounds good w the dual exhaust. Acceleration feels good. Comfy inside, heated seats boom. It caught me off guard when I bought it, much better and more reliable than I assumed it would be. Whoever buys one will have a nice vehicle for a while.

3.6

Was good so I thought

Well didn't think I would be here so soon. I've had my tucson for a year now, I went out to start and there was nothing. Replaced battery/starter still nothing. So I had it towed to hyundai only to have them tell me, the engine locked. There were only 165,000 miles on it and I had regular oil changes. I was told the check engine light was not a concern, but maybe they were wrong.So now I am searching again praying that the Good Lord will lead me to a great dependable car, that will last for years to come.

4.0

Decent Work Vehicle

Bought this car more for function than form. I put a lot of miles on a car everyday, so I just want to be comfortable and get good gas mileage. This vehicle pretty much does that. Not great on ether aspect, but not bad either.

Best buy, and love it

Best buy, and i love it, and I'm watching their website to buy another from Danny Len. I used to work at Key Scales Ford for 31 years, and did not get a deal that they gave me here.

3.6

Good Transport

This Vehicle has been good , Major problem with Harness, this could not be solved by Hyundai dealer, who were very indifferent and towards rudeness. It was successfully tackled by Kia Dealership.

Great Upgrade

i had traded a 2010 chevy cobalt in on this vehicle (two years newer and about 12000 miles less) but i am completely satisfied with this purchase. The only downfall is kinda loud when going up hill fast(engine i guess) but new this before purchasing. It fully loaded so def upgrade to my cobalt and being suv should be better in winter. I heard great things about nissans and hopefully this vehicle will continue to live up to what i have heard.