2006 Hyundai Tucson consumer reviews

Explore the 2006 Hyundai Tucson
Shop the 2006 Hyundai Tucson
4.4

Very surprised

I rented a Tucson but thought I would dread it. I was looking for a cheap rental and was upgraded at no cost. I have never even considered a Hyundai but was turned around after this 5-day rental. It handled 80-90 mph for hours on end as well as it handled the winding backroads of Maine. The V6 was plenty powerful and the mileage not so bad. I am 6'4" and was amazed at the headroom. I fit better in the Tucson that the CR-V or RAV4. I must have found fault somewhere, right? I was bathed in it -- the interior design, although adequate and functional, looks cheap. I am buying one at the end of the year.

My First Brand New Car... and yes, it's an SUV!

As the title suggests, I've never had a brand new car. (Or brand new anything for that matter!) I spend a lot of time in my vehicle driving back and forth to work... well, okay honestly... sitting in traffic TRYING to travel back and forth to work. I must say, the Tucson has to be, hands down, one of the most comfortable, stable, and powerful things I've ever driven. Smooth acceleration and braking, "just-right" handling; you can't ask for better. Excellent audio system (and it's standard), creature comforts, such as the extendable armrest, cruise control, overhead lighted vanity mirrors, driver/passenger map lights, extended shade sun visors, the thing even came with cup holder mats. I tell you, for someone who spends at least 3 hours a day in transit, I'm quite happy with my purchase.

Now rates with the Best!

Model: 2WD, 2.7 V6 Limited. Very good quality in & out. Smooth engine /powertrain; great safety features & other amenities normally not standard on similar vehicles; Leather interior very attractive & comfortable; excellent audio system. Only cons are understated gas mileage --avg. 17.4 mpg in suburban driving. (A 5 speed auto trans. or a more powerful V6 could solve thas problem.) Would have preferred an 8 way power driver's seat, rather than the manual-matic transmission. But this car is every bit as good as my 2006 Honda Accord EXL 4 cyl. that listed at $25,500-- the better warranty/& new JD Powers rating as best in its class, makes this car very close or equal to the Benchmark brands.

Great Value. Great Engineering. Great Vehicle.

I hav owned this "little tank" since October '05. It is a Nautical Blue LX 4WD. It's very sure footed in snow and slop. The AWD / 4WD override is awesome. I used to be a Subaru AWD fan, but no more. Hyundai engineering is really on par or better than any manufacturer out there today. Much better on MPG after first 8000 miles and summer blended fuel. I have gotten 24 on the hwy. Ride is a bit tough on my 51 year old hinder, but it'll toughen up. Towing is easy. Doesn't know it's towing anything. The HVAC control system could be improved to allow for fresh air through vents without switching fan to a certain vent position. Other Hyundai products have this feature. Blower is actually too high on speed 1! I have 3 Hyundai products and sold a 2002 Sonata only because I wanted to tow my boat. Miss that comfortable ride, but do like the utility aspects of the Tucson. Seating system is very flexible and comfortable. Easy to maneuver and handles very tightly. I would have preferred a rear cargo shade to that of a rigid deck lid type. I live with it. Car is solid in every aspect.

Great SUV

I purchased this vehicle just before Christmas, and it handles great. I drive alot so the performance and stability are a must. I love that Hyundai is among the best in safety, which is the most important to me since I have a little son.

Great Vehicle!

It's stylish, fun to drive and has the safety features of a vehicle TWICE the price! It also gets great gas mileage! Oh, and don't forget a 100,000 mile warranty! I'll never buy a domestic SUV again!