2006 Hyundai Tucson consumer reviews

side view of 2006 Tucson Hyundai
Explore the 2006 Hyundai Tucson
Shop the 2006 Hyundai Tucson

Great Little AWD SUV

We bought this car used in 2010 and have driven it off road and in snow. The 2.7 liter V-6 is economic to run, we average 23 to 25 MPG combined highway and surface streets. Best tank was actual 27 MPG calculated from fuel used and miles traveled, not the onboard MPG gauge. We've never gotten stuck, required mechanical or power train repairs. Still on original brakes with 88k miles. Only maintenance done has been safety inspections, oil changes, yearly wiper replacement and new shocks, struts and tires this year. Only 4 star is for blind spot from front pillar and side mirrors.

It's a great car.

The car has plenty of room. We have had a great time with it. The next owner will have fun just like we did.

3.9

Love my Hyundai!

I bought mine used, 1 owner in 2014 with less than 66,000 miles. I have the Limited model - sunroof/moonroof, heated seats. It is a great car/SUV. It is on the small side but it has suited my needs just fine. If you are going to need to tow something this is not the vehicle for you as it can only tow about 1000 lbs. If you are looking for a small SUV that is reliable and fun then this is it! I love it.

Its the only car I've ever owned

I got this car when I was 16 and I'm 20 years old now and it's my very first car and I love it! I'm looking for a newer model now just because I want something a little different but I still want a Tucson!!

Very reliable car, Amazing in the snow!

Very powerful and smooth car. Absolutely love the heated seats, sunroof and 6 cylinder engine. As well as its capabilities in the snow, I, in the past, have had to drive in some pretty bad snow storms and it did excellent in the conditions.

4.4

Tucson style

It is a beautiful car. After 10 years the design is not old. Particularly, I like so much the rear side and the internal space. The motor and gear are another high points. There are 177hp available all time. The gas consumption is not high.

3.4

not even close to 20 MPG

bought used after reading reviews here. We are getting 13.5 MPG as per the miles and gallons method after the first full tank. this is a VERY common problem as it turns out. the hyundai-forum has a entire forum just for millage issues and they report much the same results. I would have passed on this car had I known I was going to get 13.5 instead of 20 MPG.

Very good car for the money.

I was looking for a dependable SUV with comfort and reliability. I bought mine used with 60,000 miles on. I read all the reviews and it has indeed been a great purchase. It has plenty of comfort and features. I was getting 21.5 MPG when I purchased this vehicle, but once I changed the oil, it increased to 23.5 MPG. I'm impressed with the 6 cylinder engine, plenty of zip and power on the highway. I was scepticle buying A Hyundai, since I'm a Chevy guy, but now I'm glad I did. I maintain my Tuscon, change the oil and keep the fluids full and this car has not let me down yet,

Salesman found the car that was made for me.

Had a tough time picking out a car after test driving a half dozen or so but when this was brought out I finally made the decision. The Tucscon had all of the features that I was looking for and more. Engine size, cargo room, safety features, easy to steer and great styling. There's even a compass built into the rear mirror. I'm going to enjoy driving this to the shore! I can't wait.

4.3

Looking for a 4x4 SUV

I was looking for small used 4x4 truck at first, but didn't find anything within my budget. I had owned a Hyundai before for 9 yrs and it was very dependable and great in the snow. So I started looking at used Tucsons since it was available with 4x4. I have owned it now for almost 4 months and have enjoyed using the 4x4! And it has the room I was looking for.