2012 Jeep Compass consumer reviews

side view of 2012 Compass Jeep
Explore the 2012 Jeep Compass
Shop the 2012 Jeep Compass

Had to have a Jeep

3 weeks ago I have up ....with much sorrow and tears...my 20 year old Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. Yes, a 1993 ! I loved that jeep! knew every dial and knob in it without my reading glasses! Sure, he was starting to creak and groan....so am I ! But he was the most reliable truck on the road. Always started, handled great , lots of room and I sat up pretty high. I told my husband the only way I would give my Jeep up is if I could get another. I never even looked at another brand....went right to a Jeep dealer. Now I have a 2013 Compass....just the sport model...nothing fancy. It's a stick, quite peppy! it's smaller than I was used to and I sit lower. Will probably need a pillow since I don't like not being able to see the front end. It's not a quiet ride like I was led to believe. On the highway you do hear the road. The 6 CD radio is nice. So far the only thing I don't like is the gas milage. It's supposed to get 23 town, 29 Hwy. I'm averaging 21 . For a manual shift that's disappointing. Other that that I'm actually looking forward to some snow so I can test out the 4 wheel drive. I bought this used but it only had 4,600 miles on it.

my wonderful new car

I am 100% satisfied with this vehicle purchase. It's perfect for me and I would recommend the Jeep Compass to anyone. I love the sturdy feel while driving. I was very surprise with the comfort in back seat, as well as the driver or front passenger. First week and I'm in love. Almost 300 miles and still plenty of gas. Thank you Thomson Motor and Mr. Crook.

Compass - used purchase

Purchased Compass for son - one year old car for under $14K. Excellent value - great gas mileage - has the new headlights greatly improving the look. Car has good acceleration.

Love the styling

I am a big guy and I can get in it with no problem runs real smooth. the only thing about it I would improve on it would be the power

My first Jeep

I have had my Compass for 11 months so far, and I am enjoying it. The only thing I wish it had was better gas mileage. For a 4cy eng I thought it would get better gas mileage than the 6cy Escape I traded in for, but they run about the same.

3.6

Not bad

Bought our 2012 used through a dealership. Gas mileage is not the greatest unless you use the non-ethenol blend. This car would NOT be for someone in high traffiic areas as there is no 'pick up.' The CVT does not allow for quick acceleration, even on our rural roads I can't get around tractors. TONS of leg room front and back, which is wonderful when we have two sons over 6 foot!

9 months later

I really enjoyed my Jeep for 9 months. After those months my check engine light loves to show up at the most inconvenient time. Twice for EMS system (emission switch) and once for Gas Cap. Crazy! I will be traded this car in the near future.

Good car

I have enjoyed my Jeep. I have no complaints. The gas mileage is not as good as my Saturn was, but the style outside and inside is very modern

4.3

Great Vehicle

Recently purchased a 2012 trail Rated Compass Latitude with Sun and Sound Package, 4x4, Automatic, and the Off Road Package. I love this car! It drives great. The gas mileage so far isn't as great as i had hoped but not bad for a 4 wheel drive SUV. I cant wait to try it out in the snow. Its very roomy and i plan on taking it camping. Right now we also have a Jeep Wrangler that we can load up pretty well, but this will be so much better. I like how the 4x4 mode is the touch of a button, unlike our Wrangler. I feel safe driving this vehicle and would recomend it to anyone.

Perfect blend of a lot of things

It took me over 6 months to pick out the PERFECT vehicle for me and I finally settled on a new 2012 Jeep Compass Limited 4x4. My only issue with it is the gas mileage is a little lower than expected (I expected 24-29mpg but actuals are around 18-23) BUT considering that this vehicle offers ALL the features of a decent luxury car AND the durability of a Jeep this vehicle to me has delivered the BEST blend of what was important to me in a vehicle as an owner... Here is what I looked for weighted by importance. Durability (4x4, off road crawl, skid plating, tow prep pack, outdoor and camping capable, can lug a couple of bikes and kayaks, pull a pop up camper, small boat and jet skis) Luxury (leather, alarm, voice activation, keyless entry, remote start, climate control, navigation, heated seats, sun roof, sound package, bluetooth and more) Practicality (decent fuel economy I average 18-23mpg and am a comfort junky so I run the AC a lot so that is really good, it has plenty of leg room seating 4 (including a 6 foot 6 inch brother in law) very comfortably and has a lot of cargo space and it?s not an ultra-giant SUV or truck that costs 95+ bucks to fill up) Style (very cool looking similar to the Grand Cherokee only slightly smaller when side by side, not as manly as I would like it to be, but considering the features it?s the only and very reasonable compromise I had to make). As a male driver I was concerned with the look being more associated with female drivers. But in the end I took 4 additional sub factors into consideration. First I work in a city and driving a monster truck styled Jeep Wrangler just doesn?t send a good message to the world in my mind, though very cool it just seems juvenile and immature and in today?s eco consciousness fuel economy it seems pretty irresponsible so it was a large factor to consider...Additionally the larger vehicles seem to me to be lacking sophistication and class and the bottom line is that I maintain the 4x4 capability, with the off road crawl, and safety of the under plating if I want to go off road on the weekends. Second I work for a hospital and my primary task is servicing Doctors IT (computers and server) needs and I often find that have to go to their homes and parking in their driveways with the above mentioned manly Wrangler it was just not a good image for me or them to have such a beast of a vehicle. It influenced my purchase decision as well. Third, do I REALLY care what some ultra testerone junky or any other people think about what I am driving? No, no I don?t... I care about what works for me, is within my budget and delivers what I need. Finally my wife and son, my wife will be driving the vehicle - sometimes - and I didn?t want a vehicle she would have issues driving either due to size or sheer presentation. At the end of the day I am 110% satisfied with this vehicle purchase it fits everything I needed and I would recommend the Jeep Compass Limited to anyone considering a vehicle looking for balance of and the best of all worlds.