2012 Jeep Compass consumer reviews

side view of 2012 Compass Jeep
Explore the 2012 Jeep Compass
Shop the 2012 Jeep Compass

awesome

just bought one! Gas mileage is awesome. The ride is smooth and comfortable. Surprisingly roomy, enough room for four adults to ride in comfort. Handles well, and looks sleek and sporty. Lots of "trunk" space behind rear seat. Rear seats flat for more storage...a big plus! Front windshield offers a huge view. Auxiliary jack is nice for playing iPod. cup holders light up when headlights are on..nice feature for finding a place for your water bottle at night! Love our compass! Great value for the MSRP. If you are looking for a smaller suv or a family car, this is what you want!

2012 Compass

I upgraded from a 1997 Jeep Cherokee Sport, which I loved dearly. Besides the Jeep name, the exterior styling of the Compass is what attracted me. Because I cannot afford the new Grand Cherokee I focused on the Compass, which has similar front-end styling. I love the CVT transmission, but be aware that it does take some getting used to. I thought it was sluggish, but it's because I couldn't hear or feel the transmission shifting gears. I love the ease of all the interior controls. The tall riding backseat bench is comfortable. I don't feel like my legs are in my chest. I like that the spare tire is kept under the cargo space. It is extremely easy to fold down the back seats. I will say that the front seats are not the most comfortable, however they are a step up from my 1997. Overall, I bought a brand new vehicle for a stellar price and am impressed as ever with the Jeep. I will be loyal to the brand for life.

Meets my need in every way

I just love my little Jeep Compass and it is loaded with so many comfort features. I get good gas mileage and it looks like a little Grand Cherokee. The 4 wheel drive and high clearance will come in handy this winter in Park City. This is the second Compass I have had and my wife would rather drive this vehicle than her 2011 Tahoe. Very happy with this small crossover .

Great vehicle for the price!

Best vehicle I've owned. Gets us everywhere including so far into the trails and woods, cell phone GPS didn't know where we were. Looked like an ATV trail and we came out the other side (40+kms through). FUN -- FUN -- FUN!! All this and GREAT fuel economy.

great off road great gas milage

Live at the top of a mountain on dirt roads the trail rated 4WD system can not be stoped in the winter

Nice Jeep Compass Sport

I was looking for a 4X4 that has great gas mileage and handles well, and I found it. After reading all professional reviews online I chose to get the 5spd sport. It handles nicely and has a lot of zip for a 4cyl 2.4l. The interior is nice and comfortable and the sport is nicely equipped even with it being the lower end model in the Compass line. Still has cruise control, A/C, power windows and door locks, and 4 wheel drive, with one pull of a lever. It is very quiet and great on gas. The new styling is what brought me to it and everything else it has made me buy it.

4.0

suprisingly roomy compact suv

Purchased in january 2012 so far we're pleased. Chose the latitude with sun and sound package we put winter tread tires on this vehicle it seams to be unstoppable in winter weather, very pleased with that aspect of vehicle. Plenty of leg room, headroomin front and backseats, luggage/grocery room behind back seat. Seats are a little hard and uncomfortable but not terribly bad could be improved though. We were hoping for better gas mileage thats why we traded our larger suv in for it. We live in the mountians of WV and the curvy mountainous roads keep the small 2.4 liter engine from getting what the sticker said it would still does better than our old suv by 5mpg. The small engine doesn't seem overworked or underpowered for the hills it pulls them with relative ease. The last thing I'll comment on is engine noise it's a littlle loud accelerating out of these curves and up these hills also in stop and go city driving. The noise isn't as noticeable on interstate driving or at low rpm's. I think our compass will overall meet or exceed our expectations for a run about/daily commute to work vehicle. Hope this was helpful, good luck.

nice car

Just bought a new Jeep Compass..traded in my 2002 Jeep Cherokee..not as nice as the old Jeep but for the money it is great. It is quiet, steers great and has a lot more zip than I thought it would, and it is much better on gas!

Best decision ever made!

Living in a rural setting, either AWD or 4WD is a must for the family. After the purchase of a nifty Jeep Compass Limited, the total number of Jeeps in the household rose to five. The count: - 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Summit - 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (hardtop) - 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (soft/hardtop) - 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited - 2012 Jeep Compass Limited (Reviewed here) The '11 JGC is my work vehicle (on the road for landscaping company); the '12 JGC is the family's people mover; one Wrangler belongs to our 21 year old son (my business partner); and the '12 Wrangler 4-door is driven primarily by our 18 year boy attending college nearby. The 2012 Compass Limited is my wife's brand new vehicle, replacing a beloved, but "too large" (for her needs and medical issues) 2008 Dodge Durango. Having been diagnosed with M.S., my wife opted for a more "car like" 4x4, as getting in-and-out of a larger, higher off the ground vehicle (i.e., Dodge Durango 4x4, Jeep Wrangler, Jeep Wrangler Unlimited) is mighty difficult due to the height of many SUV's. The redone Compass (for 2011-12) is perfect for her needs based on living in the Snowbelt, the rough roads leading to & from the house/all major roads, her daily jaunt to the flower shop she runs in the next town over and her newly diagnosed physical limitations. The 2012 Compass Limited has a very compliant ride. It is smooth, not unlike a small luxury car. The leather interior is gorgeous and comfortable. Five large adults can even fit in the Compass. The interior room is extremely generous for driver, up to three to four (a forth in a pinch, IMO) passengers and plenty of gear in the back storage area. My wife loves the high class styling of her blue 4x4 Compass. She recommends the Limited for all that it offers, even as standard equipment, i.e., plenty of chrome outside and soft touch meterials inside) It has a super blend of rugged good looks while remaining civilized. She calls it her "mini" Grand Cherokee. Likes: Content (Limited model), traction, high-end ride, smooth handling, ease of operation (more car like vs. truckish), easy to use controls (i.e., Bluetooth, navigation, entertainment system), affordability (30+ MPG on highway, price -- base & loaded) and ability to use all features while keeping your eyes on the road. Dislikes: None Advice: Gotta look into this flawless Jeep! Test drive one, you will love it. The Jeep Compass is for either car lovers or fans of moderate off-roading or BOTH.

Great starter SUV

I recently bought my 2012 Jeep Compass Limited and I love it! I've always had cars and was nervous about getting an SUV. However the great thing about the Compass is that it drives and handles just like a car. The Compass is a great starter SUV for any individual or family. The interior is very comfortable with heated leather seats, NAV and Bluetooth. The drive is smooth and it has great traction control. I would definitely recommend this car.