2012 Jeep Compass consumer reviews

side view of 2012 Compass Jeep
Explore the 2012 Jeep Compass
Shop the 2012 Jeep Compass

Awesome

Recently bought this used vehicle and couldn't be happier I highly recommend the Compass for those looking fir a small suv

1.0

Worst vehicle I've ever bought.

I have taken care of my compass doing all the proper services. I moved to El Paso and went to a dodge dealership for an oil change and have since been having problem after problem and dumping a lot of money into it.

3.7

Great First Car

This car was great for my new teen driver! Very affordable and gets good gas mileage. My child loved it and we are sad to see ours go.

4.4

Nicest car I've owned

Love it! Drives nicely. Looks good. Not too big but not too small. Excited to where I can go with it and happy for the 4 wheel drive here in the ND tundra

4.4

First car I bought myself!

I put SO much research into buying my first car and I am very happy with it! Drives great in snow and I haven't had any problems so far! The interior plastic is made fairly cheaply. I've had two pieces break on the seats which is annoying. Other than cheap interior only things I would change are appearance wise such as adding a back-up camera or navigation system. I love my car!

1.7

Big disapointment

Lot of issue with electronic ("check engine" light on regularly, key could be removed when vehicule was in neutral or any position) poor acceleration, had to pay 1,000$ for break at 52000 miles. My second Jeep Compass and my last one.

4.3

great jeep

where i bought this jeep not so great , i had it since 10/22/15 i had an accident on jan 31/2015 that should explain enough . it will be fixed...hind sight , never should have traded my GRAND PRIX in for that Jeep ,. if you buy a compass , make sure YOU don't get screwed over ...i sure did!

3.9

Bought a 2012 with 30k

only had a few months I am not happy with acceleration its slow mileage is not bad dont know if it was good choice

3.6

Pretty good SUV

I bought this Compass brand new off the lot in July 2012. 2.4 liter with auto transmission. It has been a good SUV, but I liked my Mitsubishi Outlander better. As I went to the Compass, I got a slightly smaller SUV in terms of cabin room and engine performance. I don't care too much for the CVT transmission and told the dealer so. Dealer said that is the way these vehicles are going to be. I also was disappointed in the size of the fuel tank at 13 gallons...means more fuel stops on long trips. On the good side, the seats are comfortable on long trips, handling is excellent and it holds its own on the interstate. I've taken it across Texas several times and three times to Florida.

Exceeded my expectations

No repairs needed in two and one half years. Very capable in the snow. We feel very secure and comfortable on trips.