2018 Compass

2018 Jeep Compass

Have You Driven the 2018 Jeep Compass?

So much fun to drive.

by Jeep Peep from Farmington MN on Fri Aug 03 2018

On our first trip we averaged 30+ miles to the gallon. The only reason I gave it one less star on the comfort is my last car was an Escalade. Hard to compare. I really love driving this car and am looking forward to see what she will do in the winter.

Very nice car in the price range

by Willd1123 on Sun Jul 22 2018

This vehicle has space for our family to grow while also remaining stylish. My future wife doesn’t have to worrying about getting stuck in the snow either with the 4wd. The car also picks up faster than expected. Completely satisfied

Most reliable car I’ve owned.

by m_fairfield5 from Fisher, IL on Wed Mar 07 2018

This car is excellent. Everything about this car is great. It gets good gas mileage, the technology it wonderful, and there’s plenty of room with it being a smaller SUV.

we almost everything about our 2018 Jeep Compass

by Campman1965 from Bethel , Pa. on Sat Jan 12 2019

Everything is great except for one thing. We dislike the stop/start feature. It does not save gas like they say it does and the fact it has to be hard on the engine and the starter and the fact if the system fail to start back up , it may leave a family stuck in a dangerous traffic situation...I was not use to it and gave it too much acceleration and nearly rear ended the car in front of me..... This device is a big joke.......

2018 compass

by Tyler1022 from Asheville, NC on Sat Nov 10 2018

Great car for the money. It’s very quiet at 70mph. rides very good lot better than a wrangler. The cabin is surprisingly roomy. trunk not near as big as a Tahoe but it’s got enuff room for groceries or a couple of suitcases. Running 65 or 70 I’ll get 31 or 32 mpg in the city easing around I’ll get 27 or 28. Well that was the good time for the bad. Um the biggest thing I wished it had was about 50 more horsepower. I got the 6speed manual because the 9 speed is awful it changes constantly it’s never in the right gear and if you need to get out of the way quickly in case of a emergency say prayer you will have time. What I’m mean by that is if you are running 55 and you are wanting to pass some one make sure you plenty of room because from the time you press down on the gas pedal it will take the automatic 15 sec to find the right gear. One thing I don’t like is every model except the trail hawk comes with a plastic guard that hangs way below the bumper and it drags stuff very easily that need to be deleted at least for 4x4s. The last two things I dislike or would change if could is just nit picking stuff. Little bit lower first gear on the 6speed manual. Last is when you engage the 4x4 there’s also a 4x4 lock button but it doesn’t lock all 4 wheels in. It has the equipment to put power to all 4 wheels at once but the computer want let it. Ok that long I know just wanted to be specific. Conclusion for me was positives out weight the negatives by a lot. There is other SUV’s I’d rather have but there 45to 55k. To me this is the best 4x4 in this size for the money. I payed 22000 for mine now days you are not going to get a lot for that. Happy car hunting ’

You will LOVE IT too!

by Spinning from STEUBENVILLE OH on Fri Feb 08 2019

Now that I have 6k miles on my Compass I feel safe to say....I LOVE IT! I live in an area with 4 seasons and when we were covered with 6-10 inches of snow I had NO PROBLEMS getting around with the 4x4 snow option. I love the convenience of an SUV and the fuel economy of a full size car. I got the limited with all the features and it just made me fall even more in love with it. The 8" display is beautiful. Paired with Android Auto it makes the navigation display on the screen so easy to see and follow. The leather heated seats AUTOMATICALLY turn on when the temp is below freezing with remote start! So when I get in my Jeep I'm nice and toasty. The power lift gate is so convenient when trying to load groceries in a hurry if it is cold or raining. I hit the lift gate button when I exit the store and it's open and ready for me to toss it all in, then push a button and it closes by itself. This is so great when your car is covered in salt from the treated roads and you don't have to get it all over you! The little things matter... You appreciate it when you're in those moments. I have 2 kids and my fiance and I like to golf... We have no issues with the available space. The seats fold down if we need some extra room for the clubs. The panoramic sun roof is beautiful... The day I bought it we were headed for the beach and it was so great being able to practically open the entire roof and let the sun shine on in. I get compliments daily on the style. I have the upgraded rims and the limited trim and everyone comments on how stylish it is. It stands out from the base model compass that's for sure. In summary, you'll love this Jeep. The limited may be a little pricey compared to the base model but you won't be disappointed in the purchase. All the extras really make this the most enjoyable vehicle I've ever owned. Thanks JEEP!

Very Satisfied

by Kansas 2018 Jeep Compass Fan from Manhattan, KS on Thu Dec 06 2018

I traded my worn out 2003 GMC Envoy for a 2018 preowned Compass Latitude package plus some add on Limited extras. I could not be more pleased with the comfort, styling and performance of this vehicle. This is my "retirement" vehicle so staying within a fixed income budget was a priority. Some complain the 4 cylinder engine isn't responsive but it has plenty of zip and acceleration as far as I'm concerned. Along with the 8.4 inch display, rear camera, UConnect, lane sensing, etc., the electronics package is a pure joy. The car had 18K on it which didn't bother me at all. I'll drive it for another 120K if not more. Truth be told, I originally had my heart set on a Renegade but after a test drive the suspension was just a little more bumpy than I could handle. The next step up was a Compass which I had never really considered. After the test drive I was sold. It came home with me the next day. Sure, you always want more but it also comes with a price tag. I would have loved heated seats, sitting up a bit higher on the frame, power passenger seat but then you need to start looking in the 30-40K range to get into a preowned Terrain, Explorer, etc. I landed this for 22K. Did I mention this vehicle had the dual section sun/moon roof? I'm a star gazer so I could not resist :-)

First new car since 2001

by Iamthewalrus653 from Bay City, Mi on Thu Nov 01 2018

I'm thoroughly impressed with the overall package. Looks great, very comfortable. Very good fuel economy for a 4x4 SUV. Wish it had a little stronger acceleration, but it's not bad. I love the six speed manual.

2018 Jeep Compass Limited Left me stranded twice

by Waitingforafix from Ct on Sun Jan 13 2019

My 2018 Jeep Compass Limited left me stranded twice. Both times it would not start. They were unable to find the problem. Two trips to the dealer. First time it had a little over 200 miles on it second time 3,500 miles on it. Battery is good, charges, mechanic thinks there is something that is causing the battery to lose charge, but, is unable to figure it out. I am now involved with FCA Customer Care . Hoping for a fix to the car,as, it is fun to drive when it works. Comfortable for me , fun panoramic sunroof, and a nice radio. Though being worried every time I go to start it , is not a nice way to feel. This is a safety issue. I would not buy this car again...Too many hassles with the car and aspects of having to work with FCA. I am very happy to read of all the people that are loving their cars. It gives me hope..Be sure you purchase the extra rental policy with the car..

Does not recommend this car!!

Jeep Compass 2018 - Great vehicle!

by Chris from Front Royal, VA on Wed Jan 23 2019

My wife and I purchased this vehicle to have a safe and comfortable 4x4 for our new baby. This vehicle drives like a luxury vehicle. It is very smooth on handling, very smooth shifting and just great vehicle overall. This vehicle gets better gas mileage than my wife's Mazda 3 used to get. The interior is very comfortable as well. I would recommend spending an extra couple hundred dollars and getting the heated seats and steering wheel in cold climate areas. Great handling in the snow. It has settings for sand and mud but my wife won't let me take it in the sand or mud =)

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 38

Our Take on the 2018 Jeep Compass

The verdict:

The new 2017 Jeep Compass is worlds better than the old one. It spanks its competitors off-road, but its underpowered engine, sloppy handling and quirky automatic transmission keep it from being competitive on-road.

Versus the competition:

Nothing can touch the Compass in the dirt, but nearly everything else is bigger, quicker or handles better.

The old Jeep Compass is dead. An unloved creation birthed from the DaimlerChrysler days, it was based on the Dodge Caliber and shared showroom space with the equally reviled Jeep Patriot. Now in its place is a shiny new 2017 Compass, slotting in Jeep’s lineup above the diminutive Renegade and below the V-6-powered Cherokee. (The Patriot remains dead.)

The new Compass is nothing like the old one — only the name is shared. The new Compass rides on a Fiat-derived chassis that has a lot in common with other Fiat Chrysler Automobiles products. Jeep wants to put the Compass up against successful compact SUVs like the Honda CR-V, Toyota RAV4, Nissan Rogue, Ford Escape and Chevrolet Equinox. The old... Read More