2005 Grand Cherokee

4.3 out of 5 starsExterior Styling
3.9 out of 5 starsInterior Design
3.7 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
3.7 out of 5 starsReliability

Jeep never fails to impress

by Sprovi427 from Chicago, IL. on January 8, 2011

I upgraded to a 2005 Grand Cherokee Limited with the HEMI from a 1999 Grand Cherokee Laredo. It's loaded with all the available options including Navigation, chrome wheels, moonroof, etc. I purchased it with 55k miles on it and have just over 70k on it now. It is a GREAT SUV - I am extremely impressed. The auto high beams can be annoying at times and Jeep cheated us on the power adjustments - I had more options on my 99 and they were much more comfortable, but other than that the car is a lot of fun to drive and I feel very safe in it. Upon researching I found the 4.7 and 5.7 get basically the same gas mileage - I get about 14-15 in the city and 19-20 on the highway. After driving both, I would opt for the bigger engine without hesitation. The performance outweighs the half a mile per gallon fuel consumption. Definitely my first choice in an SUV of it's class, even when compared to imports.

5.7 LIMITED

by mountain runner from Washington on February 26, 2013

ive owned the jeep for about a year, started with 95k miles now at 102k. the jeep spends more time on snow and ice then pavment. its the fully loaded model and it handles great in the snow. gets decent mpg for a 5.7 i get around 20 mpg hwy and 14ish in town. its extremely capable and no issues thus far. great for towing and long trips. only complaint is the buttons on hvac control are starting to wear threw. great suv recommend to anyone who needs a capable 4x4 suv thats fun and reliable.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Very reliable, excellent in ALL Terrain, fun!

by Jeep Lover from on April 17, 2011

These cars are very reliable, excellent in all terrain, especially in snow, ice, mud etc. Will not leave you stranded!

Great Car

by Mtndgz from Seattle, WA on January 8, 2009

This Jeep is tight. You can feel and hear how well put together it is. Over rough road it just sucks up the bumps with a noise that gives you a sense that it's got all wheels on the ground, is in control and you are good to go. The interior styling is really nice. My grips are: large blind spots which, until you get used to it, make it hard to park and see obsticles. The low slung front windsheild really drives me crazy because for me (6'1") it makes it difficult to look up and see the scenery. Recomend a Sun roof. Also the "oh no" handles on the A piler are a rediculus design. Not ergonomic or useful. Unfortunate since thats kind of a jeep trademark. And no over head handles to hold onto for the front seats. Pros: Handles the same at 110mph (at which I found out there is a govener) as it does at 60. Smoooth. Great in the snow with traction control, and ABS. It does well in every driving environment. Everyone who gets in it is impressed. Never had to take it into shop except for routine maintenence. And BTW any new car now adays is going to cost you $600 every 6-10 months for maintenence, just so you know.

Dependable and nice ride

by Robert from CT on August 12, 2013

I purchased new the 2005 Grand Cherokee V8 with all wheel drive, sunroof, skid plates, tow package, leather interior, and off road package. As of 2013 I have 60,000 miles and have had only minor problems. In the past seven years I had to replace the interior compartment fan switch $250, the transmission cooler hoses $300, and the key ignition switch $240. None of these would have left me stranded on side of the road. My jeep runs well. The chassis still feels tight/solid when driving. All of the leather interior looks new. The jeep runs very confidently in snow, sleet, and rain. Mileage is 15 in the city and 21 on the highway. This is my third jeep purchased new. My first was the 1994 and second was the 1999. I have considered other vehicles (BMW, Range Rover, Denali) and always come back to the Jeep mostly since Jeeps are known for having the best 4 wheel drive system on the market and I am 6 feet tall and like to step up in to my cars. My plan is to have the 2005 Jeep until 150,000 miles or until Jeep comes out with a body style that I prefer better. New model types seem to arrive every 5 years so that may be 2015 or 2020.

A great SUV with the best price perfromance ratio

by Testdriver from on December 4, 2010

I would recommend it to young couples who are looking for the first time to drive an SUV. This would help them used to a big car with a lot of space but easy to drive and practice.

Awesome Jeep

by MPC from Colorado Springs, CO on May 31, 2014

This Jeep has been great for me. The Hemi power is awesome and it is bar none the best vehicle I have ever driven in the Colorado snow. Also, this thing has the best turning radius for a SUV. It is very fun to drive.

Love the Jeep Grand Cherokee

by It's a Jeep Thing from California on June 2, 2016

The Jeep Grand Cherokee is the best vehicle I've ever owned. It's a rugged 4x4, but drives silky smooth. It features a luxury interior with a rugged exterior. Never had a serious maintenance issue. Strongly recommended for a great reliable SUV.

My first vehicle

by Girl loves Jeeps from Fremont, OH on February 17, 2014

Very good Jeep! I have a 4.7L V8 4WD 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. It is very comfortable, the heated leather seats are relaxing and it doesn't take long for it to warm up when it's cold outside. The navigation radio is great and fun, something I've never had before. It's got lots of space for storing things and is a great family SUV, though it only seats 5 people total. Jeeps are customizable I've noticed so I wouldn't be surprised if there was an option for third row seats. I'm so happy to have it!

Just Okay

by Average Joe with a Family from Michigan on July 11, 2007

Just okay is probably the right words. I also have a GMC Envoy that I love. I personally don't lilke the seating in the front or back, I am not a fan of the fabric, the front a/c and heat registers don't cover enough. I really don't like the fact that I can't turn on or off the 4X4. Overall, I would not get it again and would not recommend to anyone.

Does not recommend this car!!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 12