Read or write a review.

3.6
Average based on 73 reviews

Most Reliable Car I've Owned

by from Grand Rapids, MI on April 20, 2011

I've owned my jeep (2005) for 5 years now and I must tell you it has been by far the most leliable care I've owned. Its functionality is superv and I would not traded for anything else. I feel better knowing my family is getting around in a very reliable vehicle with excellent crash rating and above all knowing that they will not get stuck anywhere. This jeep is built for reliability and can get through anything. There are some SUVs out there with sligthly better gas mileage, however you do get what you pay for and we have been very impressed with this vehicle. I will be buying nothing but Jeeps in the future. Will recommend to anyone including my friends and family. I average around 18.7mpg mixed driving and around 21.3 highway. I put on about 20k miles per year.

Very reliable, excellent in ALL Terrain, fun!

by from on April 17, 2011

These cars are very reliable, excellent in all terrain, especially in snow, ice, mud etc. Will not leave you stranded!

Jeep never fails to impress

by from Chicago, IL. on January 8, 2011

I upgraded to a 2005 Grand Cherokee Limited with the HEMI from a 1999 Grand Cherokee Laredo. It's loaded with all the available options including Navigation, chrome wheels, moonroof, etc. I purchased it with 55k miles on it and have just over 70k on it now. It is a GREAT SUV - I am extremely impressed. The auto high beams can be annoying at times and Jeep cheated us on the power adjustments - I had more options on my 99 and they were much more comfortable, but other than that the car is a lot of fun to drive and I feel very safe in it. Upon researching I found the 4.7 and 5.7 get basically the same gas mileage - I get about 14-15 in the city and 19-20 on the highway. After driving both, I would opt for the bigger engine without hesitation. The performance outweighs the half a mile per gallon fuel consumption. Definitely my first choice in an SUV of it's class, even when compared to imports.

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo

by from Coon Rapids, MN on January 12, 2009

I bought this car used with 32,000 miles on the clock. Laredo trim with 4.7L V8. Fog lights, heated leather, sunroof, dvd player, navigation, this jeep had it all. I was very pleased with the handling and overall ride of the Jeep. The gas mileage stunk, but if you buy a Jeep, you know what you're getting into, so I don't complain. Plus, my wifes car get 40 mpg, so i didnt care. The back seat would not fit a 6'3" guy behind me (also 6'3") as the driver. Lots of cargo space made it a wonderful traveler and grocery getter. It handled great in the snow, which we get quite a bit of in MN. It was a safe vehicle, great to bring out the manly side of anyone. Jeeps are Jeeps and if anyone expects good MPG and a sophisticated, well rounded vehicle, then you don't know what Jeep is all about.

Brooklyn Jeep Guy

by from Brooklyn, NY on March 31, 2009

I just purchased a month ago a loaded pre-owned certified 2005 Grand Cherokee Limited with a 5.3 liter hemi engine from a dealership who purchased it from an auction. The bad - the seat belts are very tight (if you are a big person, you may need seat belt extenders) and there is no leg room in the back seat if you push your seat back. The good - I love the hemi (although I am getting around 17 mpg). The car handles very nicely. The car feels bigger than it is. Plenty of room in the front. All the gadgets are great (seat heaters, sun roof, in dash gps/satellite radio, etc...). I am still getting used to the car, but if I lived out of the city, I probably would like it even more. At this point I cant attest for the reliability, but as of now, yes, I would purchase this auto again.

Jeep grand cherokee

by from Waukegan,il on May 17, 2011

Great suv worth a try you definitly get your moneys worth. Yeah its a bit of a gas hog but well worth it. The pros outweigh the cons.

5.7 LIMITED

by from Washington on February 26, 2013

ive owned the jeep for about a year, started with 95k miles now at 102k. the jeep spends more time on snow and ice then pavment. its the fully loaded model and it handles great in the snow. gets decent mpg for a 5.7 i get around 20 mpg hwy and 14ish in town. its extremely capable and no issues thus far. great for towing and long trips. only complaint is the buttons on hvac control are starting to wear threw. great suv recommend to anyone who needs a capable 4x4 suv thats fun and reliable.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Great Car

by from Seattle, WA on January 8, 2009

This Jeep is tight. You can feel and hear how well put together it is. Over rough road it just sucks up the bumps with a noise that gives you a sense that it's got all wheels on the ground, is in control and you are good to go. The interior styling is really nice. My grips are: large blind spots which, until you get used to it, make it hard to park and see obsticles. The low slung front windsheild really drives me crazy because for me (6'1") it makes it difficult to look up and see the scenery. Recomend a Sun roof. Also the "oh no" handles on the A piler are a rediculus design. Not ergonomic or useful. Unfortunate since thats kind of a jeep trademark. And no over head handles to hold onto for the front seats. Pros: Handles the same at 110mph (at which I found out there is a govener) as it does at 60. Smoooth. Great in the snow with traction control, and ABS. It does well in every driving environment. Everyone who gets in it is impressed. Never had to take it into shop except for routine maintenence. And BTW any new car now adays is going to cost you $600 every 6-10 months for maintenence, just so you know.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Best Car I've ever owned!

by from Iowa on December 1, 2008

I am just getting ready to return this vehicle off lease and already looking forward to leasing a new 2009. This vehicle has been great to own and drive. The V-8 has plenty of power and if driven correctly, not to bad on gas either. I would highly recommend this SUV to anyone.

A great SUV with the best price perfromance ratio

by from on December 4, 2010

I would recommend it to young couples who are looking for the first time to drive an SUV. This would help them used to a big car with a lot of space but easy to drive and practice.

Our Expert Review: 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee