2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee consumer reviews

Explore the 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Shop the 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
4.0

Basic upgrades changes performance

Very dependable so far after 2year ownership. Every day driver and my first Jeep. Added Bilstine shocks, a lift kit, B.F.Goodrich all terrain tires and what a performance difference for the simple. I love my 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee and would own another.

4.1

Good vehicle

Have owned this vehicle for a month so far so good it's my everyday driver and also for touring the outback of Australia .and towing a caravan

2.4

Nothing but problems with it

This car as cost me over 2k to put it back on the road, needed a new circuit board under the gear stick, the back suspension needed new bushes, not much storage place, big boot, plenty of power for towing..

4.4

A reliable suv

Jeep Grand Cherokee limited. Is a beast in 4 lo . I like the interior. It’s got power , but doesn’t do to good in gas mileage

Fantastic car, loved it. Sad to trade.

Like my previous Jeep, this car was and still is amazing after 15 years. The only issues were related to dodgy servicing - certain hard to get to parts were rarely greased properly. Easily fixed. Best car I’ve ever owned. What a winner. Thank you Jeep. Bought another one!

4.4

This is by far the fastest SUV I’ve driven\ owned

My 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee is worth every penny for the winter performance alone. I have no worries of getting stuck, it’s been driven in 8 inches of snow and has no issue plowing through. Also the 5.7 L engine is extremely powerful, I have no problem getting up to a passing speed on the highway. Overall this is a great SUV with a ton of power and the guts to get through deep snow!

Very nice Jeep

This Jeep sits up higher than a car so good if you have back problems. It’s easier for you to get in and out of instead of bending lower to get in a car.

Daimler/Jeep hit a big homerun with this GC

I have owned my 2005 Grand Cherokee Limited with 5.7-liter V8 Hemi for over ten years as a daily driver. Fit and finish remain like new, Hemi V8 engine purrs with power, quiet ride, and zero transmission problems for over 200,000 miles running on road and off-road. Don’t believe the internet rumors, this vehicle is top quality American and German engineering. The “issues” I have experienced are all due to the way in which I operate my GC. I never really liked the trend towards plastic capped aluminum core radiators so I replaced mine with an all-aluminum desert performance custom radiator. I often tow a 24-foot camper trailer (a.k.a. a caravan) and didn’t like how the rear suspension compressed under the heavy tongue weight so I replaced the rear jounce shocks with commercial grade progressive rate load distributing jounces inside the rear coil springs. The original REC radio was fine for its day but I replaced it with a newer RHR MyGig infotainment system compatible with the “low speed” CAN B system bus. Adding a Ham radio and upgrading to light truck tires has made this an overlanding beast that can easily pull up to 7200 pounds for long distances, and with all the bells and whistles of any 2020 vehicle. Daimler/Jeep really hit the ball out of the park with the WK Grand Cherokee.

Great car for low initial cost

I bought this vehicle as my daily driver with 93k on it, and put about 15k a year on it. A few small issues expected for a 15 year old car, but comfortable, reliable, all options work perfectly, and it looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor. Hemi MPG is not great, but I coax 19 out of it on long highway trips. Super comfortable, go anywhere vehicle.

2.9

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

The car was a great vehicle to meet my needs. I loved how seamless and smooth the 4wd system was. Always had good traction and power, especially when paired with the V8 hemi engine.