2014 Grand Cherokee

4.7 out of 5 starsExterior Styling
4.6 out of 5 starsInterior Design
4.2 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.2 out of 5 starsReliability

Still doesn't feel like it's ours!

by New Jeep Buyer from Seattle, Wa on September 4, 2013

Love the new Jeep but have a few concerns about the service on it already. We had some free play in the steering wheel and took it in to be fixed, turns out there was some loose bolts :( They also did an update on the nav/seterio unit and it hasn't worked right since, now they are wanting us to bring it back in for another check up, we have only driven the car less than 1,000 miles with two trips in to have things fixed already. They do offer a lifetime warranty if you have time to bring the car in on a regular basis. A little bummed hope this doesn't continue as we accually use the car.

Very happy with my purchase!

by Erkworm from Fairfax,VA on April 26, 2013

I recently picked up the 2014 Grand Cherokee 4x4 Limited with the Luxury II package (panorama sunroof, ventilated seats, LED/HID headlights etc.) with the V6 engine. Sure, it's not cheap, but this will be a family car that is around for a long time. It would be hard to list all of the features I'm impressed with, but the first thing that stuck out was how extremely quiet it is while driving! The ride is nice, the 8.4" user interface is outstanding, and little things like the standard heated stearing wheel, backup camera, rear sensors, rear heated seats, 8-speed transmission, sport, regular, and eco modes, paddle shifters, and the dual exhaust are ALL standard on the Limited models (and are of course also included in the Overland and Sumitt also). The only thing I wish was different is the addition of volume controls on the steering wheer, but other than that. I think this is an all-around AWESOME SUV (if you can't already tell)

Beautiful but not reliable so far

by MDub from Seattle, WA on November 8, 2013

I have only had my new 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee for a little over 6 months and it's been into the shop 3 times and just the other day the entire nav system and radio shut down. The car transmission jumps and drops into gears at random... taking it in again to see what can be done but based on other reviews looks like a lost cause. Really disappointing since I love this car otherwise. If you're looking to buy this car you might consider waiting until some glitches get taken care of.

Does not recommend this car!!

Great car... no issues so far

by Smith from Denver, CO on January 8, 2014

My wife and I deliberated long and hard between the Grand Cherokee Overland and the Acura MDX. We settled on the JGC with the additional technology upgrade and man are we pleased. First of all, the Jeep just looks great. The interior upgrades as well as the exterior detailing new to the 2014 really sets the Jeep apart. I'm 6' 6" and have a difficult time finding vehicles that are truly comfortable for a guy my size. There is a big difference between being able to fit in a car and having the car actually feel roomy for me. The Grand Cherokee has ample space for me and doesn't sacrifice the legroom of the person behind me. Overall, this vehicle hits the mark when it comes to comfort and style. We haven't had any issues with the technology, drive train, air suspension, etc. but I'll be sure to keep a close eye on performance in light of several of the reviews I've seen on here. Overall the Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland is an excellent vehicle with far more features than the Acura MDX in the package we purchased. I highly recommend.

Very Satified Owner

by CB from Norhtern Virginia on October 29, 2013

I purchace a 2014 Overland with Maximum Steel color. My GC was built Sept 13. It runs great but a little hesitiant in the eco mode but will kick in if you punch the accelerator. The ride is smooth and very quite. The controls are easy to use once you learn how to setup. I don't see the reason or need for the panoramic sun roof ?. The suspension controls are a cool feature but not sure about the reliability long term and could be expensive to repair after the warranty expires. My biggest compliaint is the front windshield needs more tint. The sun glare is a bit too much and heats up the front interior on brite sunny days. Overall a very nice ride!

LOVE IT

by northtexasguy from Dallas Texas on June 12, 2014

I have purchased many vehicles in my lifetime this 2014 Grand Cherokee is my favorite. Purchased in January 2014. I have the Summit Model it has everything a foreign SUV has without the high pricetag. It has a very sports car like spirit but its firmness and body roll reminds you "hey im still an SUV". It hugs curbs and roads with ease and also has no problem getting a little muddy. If you are looking for a mid-size SUV the Grand Cherokee has to be on your list! Very impressed with this car. Don't really understand all the negative reviews mine has been flawless.

Luxury for Affordability

by Sam from Ellwood City, Pa on September 3, 2016

I just recently purchased a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. I was uneasy to buy a newer car as I was currently driving a 2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor. It took some getting used to, but I am nothing but happy with the vehicle! It's larger, and boxy, but sleek and stylish! It feels like I'm driving a high luxury SUV but still have the ruggedness of a classic Jeep. It's spacious but manageable! It feels like it has a lot of power behind it but is still a very smooth ride. I would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone! I am a short person, and I can see over the dashboard and drive it comfortably, but my boyfriend who is a foot taller than me also says he has plenty of leg room as well. Great vehicle!

2014 jeep grand cherokee , the best by far !

by talker from marion il on July 3, 2013

this is my 4 th jeep . i have had good luck with prior jeeps and hope for more luck with this one too . fast for a 6 cylinder . power to spare . i'm getting 16 city and 23 hwy . less than 1000 miles on it . i know it will get better as time goes on . highly recommend this car for others . i will enjoy my jeep .

2014 diesel Grand Cherokee starting to act up

by Beggining to wonder in WI from Madison, WI on January 21, 2015

I bought the first diesel Grand Cherokee that showed up on the local lot in Madison, WI because it had the towing capacity I needed (>5000 lbs) with fuel efficiency similar to the V6 when not towing. I worried about buying a new version of the Jeep but I was tired of getting less than 16 MPG with my V8. For the first 18000 miles the only issue I had was the fact that the transmission would downshift hard when coming to a stop from over 40 MPH. I also noted that the DEF gauge would measure less than full even after I had just had the DEF splash back from the tube as I was filling the tank. Then this fall I took it in for a recall on the ECU and asked them to check out the DEF gauge. After that visit everything worked for about a month until I was driving to visit family on Christmas weekend and the check engine light (I know that is not the official name for it anymore but it works) came on. I also tried to fill the DEF tank again and could only get it to 3/4 full. When I took it in they said it was a bug with new software related to the sensor for catalyst efficiency but they had received another update to remedy the issue. They couldn't find anything wrong with the DEF gauge though. I drove for about another 2000 miles and then the check engine light came on again last weekend. When I took it in this time they said they were told to put in a new part for the catalyst system but the part was is on back-order and will not likely be available for at least 3 months. I also found out that the DEF system is known to pressurize during filling so that is why I can't get it to fill all the way. To fix that issue I have to fill the DEF tank until it overflows then drive around for 15-20 minutes and then try to fill it again. Chrysler seems to know about the problem but no one knows if they are working on a fix. I am not really pleased with that response. There are many things I do like about this Jeep but if these issues continue this may be the last Jeep I buy. (I had good luck with two previous Grand Cherokees)

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Does not recommend this car!!

Security Plus

by Jeep Girl from Forest Hilll, Maryland on August 29, 2013

The 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee gives you such a secure feeling. The sound when the door closes tells you that it is solidly built, not the light weight sound you get from some vehicles. When you are sitting in the drivers seat you feel protected. The handling is far above most vehicles. It hugs the road and is very responsive. I highly recommend it. Can't wait for snow.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 33