2018 Grand Cherokee

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee

#1 Most Popular SUV/Crossover
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Have You Driven the 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee?

Great family car that can play in on the weekend

by Cam the Jeep man from Epsom, NH on Tue Jun 12 2018

Impressive vehicle so far. The space is well used with a combination of interior space large enough for myself at 6'1" and my child seats in the rear. Cargo space has been a big bonus for hauling items from the big box stores as well as my real estate signs and my children's sporting goods. The Jeep handles well off road in light duty trails and gravel road. It has snappy take off power and excellent power in overtaking vehicles on the highway. Handling in the corners is decent with minimal oversteer for an SUV. Gas mileage has been a big plus for me coming from the Dodge Ram 1500. I've consistently been recording close to 500 miles to a tank with the V6 engine and the stop start function is a gas saver and works seemlessly. Navigation and touch screen radio are well designed and user friendly. Other systems I've used seem slow and antiquated compared to the system in the Jeep. It responds to voice activation with out many misunderstood commands making it a pleasant experience instead of causing frustration. The leather seats are stylish and comfortable. I'm a bigger guy so the lower bolstered seats of the limited edition have been a good fit for me. The interior console space seems a bit small coming from a full sized pick-up truck however it is manageable once you get everything situated. The fit and finish is on par with other manufacturer offerings. The body lines are classic to the brand with fairly tight tolerances on the panel fitments. There is dual USB and 12v ports as well as a 120v plug in the cockpit for charging. Towing capacity is impressive at 7200 lbs although I don't think I'd push that boundry with this vehicle. It will easily handle a yard trailer, medium boat, or tow the motorcycles. The limited seemed to be the "bang for the buck" package meeting many of my needs for a midline price in the SUV segment.

Underrated Value

by SpecRacer50 from Lewes, DE on Tue Aug 21 2018

I replaced a Mercedes GL with the GC Trailhawk. In our family, we also have an Audi Q5 and Porsche Macan, and the GC is impressive. It may not have the interior quality of the German SUVs (materials) but as a daily driver and mover of people and things, it's stellar. The "guts" of the GC are from Mercedes (ML-class from the Daimler-Chrysler era), so suspension, drivetrain and brakes are very high quality and design. The interior doesn't match the Germans, but it's full of features and everything works. The most "American" part is under the hood. I opted for the 5.7L V8 and love it. Fast, but still capable of 25MPG on the highway. The Trailhawk has the air suspension which is a fun toy, and more sophisticated than the air suspension I had on my Mercedes GL.

Great ride and good power

by Mikewantswork from Roselle, IL on Fri Jul 13 2018

The Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited had just want I wanted - Leather seats, Heated seats, V-6 engine, Power Seats, Sunroof, Power Liftgate, memory seats, and much more. I moved up from a Nissan Rogue 4 cylinder and love the power when you step on the gas.

Jeep Grand Cherokees are the best!

by Virg P. from Fort Collins, Colorado on Sun Apr 07 2019

I have owned 3 Grand Cherokee Limiteds (94, 05 & 2018) and all have been great—I have driven each of the older vehicles over 10 years with minimal issues. The V8 engine performance has always been exceptional and each Jeep has been comfortable, responsive and very reliable. The 18 model is the best one yet—it is the 25th anniversary “Sterling” model, black with silver leather interior and a 5.7 liter “hemi” engine. The technology in this Jeep is state of the art. I love it, have owned it for a year with no issues and will probably keep it 10 years+.

2018 Jeep GC Trailhawk Eco Diesel

by AK 2906 from Albuquerque, NM on Wed Oct 17 2018

I traded my 2014 Mercedes GLK 250 twin turbo diesel for 2018 Jeep GC Trailhawk 3.0l turbo EcoDiesel. I've researched and test drove many cars like BMW X5, MB GLE, Volvo CX90, Lexus RX but only Jeep GC Trailhawk met all my criteria. It's luxurious , loaded with safety features and latest technology. It's great on and off road. The turbo diesel has a lots of torque and great gas mileage. I have only 1500 miles on it and I'm getting 23mpg city and 27mpg highway. I should get even better mpg after 3000 miles. So far this is the best car I've ever owned!!!

Owned it a few months so far - love it!!

by WDB from Laguna Niguel, CA on Sun Sep 16 2018

Extremely happy with our Grand Cherokee. Just transitioned from a Mercedes. It's the quietest car I've ever owned, responsive, fun to drive, off-road capable... and the best electronics of any car I've seen yet (most responsive, wide ranging functions). Really nothing bad to say about the vehicle. I can't speak to long term reliability yet, but so far I'm extremely impressed by everything about this SUV.

Favorite suv to drive EVER In LOVE

by Laxec15 on Sun Mar 18 2018

It’s amazing. Everything about it is well designed. I never thought I’d love a jeep more than my 2012 Liberty... this BLOWS it away. Would highly recommend this vehicle.

This SUV does everything and looks super cool too.

by Jeep fan from Champaign, IL on Wed Feb 21 2018

4x4 that can get through anything, rockin stereo, smooth ride, heated everything. What more could you ask for.

Decent when not having issues

by Max879062345 from Pennsylvania on Sat May 25 2019

Have owned 3 jeeps (all on lease) right in a row. My first Jeep had been a 2012 Laredo, followed by 2015 and 2018 Limiteds. I had only jumped up trim levels because of the optional leather. I have come to learn that the Jeep is one of the most brawny and good-looking midsize SUVs on the road. You see SO MANY because of this reason. On my 2018, I had optioned for 20" wheels and I love them. The wheels definitely make the vehicle look even better! I was disappointed that my specific car did not have the Lighting II package because I'm a big fan of the LED Headlights, but it was not a deal breaker for me, so I ended up with the Halogens. They are not awful, but they are kind of weak so take that into effect when you are purchasing. Unfortunately, in my first month of ownership I had been in a car accident. A woman ran a stop sign and we had T-Boned her, causing over $15k in damages to my car with less than 900 miles on it. It held up like a brute. Her car was totaled. I'm thankful for how quickly the airbags reacted and how safe it is, protecting me and my other passenger. The whole front end as well as the dash needed to be replaced from the airbags. I was back on the road in 3 weeks. The interior, like many others have said, is decent. The buttons are all hard plastic and the knobs turn okay. They are very sensitive, however, which is a little disconcerting when you are trying to find a radio station. The leather does crease quite easily when you go in and out every day, however it is comfortable. The 12-way adjustable seats make it easy to get a perfect space on a longer trip. The heated seats warm very fast and are helpful for rear passengers. I have had MANY issues with my media system. CarPlay consistently fails when I use it and have tried to get it addressed by the dealer. They update the system but it doesn't do anything to address this problem. This is annoying when you are trying to use navigation, listening to music, etc. Additionally, I have experienced issues with my power lift gate. If I push the button and walk to the drivers seat and open the door, it goes back up. The same thing happens when I start the car. It is not difficult to push the button to close it again, however it is a nitpick thing that needs to be worked out. I have had my whole gas tank replaced already at 7k miles. The dash had coded a fault for the 'Fuel level sensor' and of course had taken it into the dealer to get checked out. In the few days before my appointment, my fuel level on the dash would shuffle between 1/4 and full. They could not figure out the code for 3 days, and told me they had no idea. I had asked if the checked the fuel sensor... they said it was impossible it could fail, however proceeded to check it the following day. That was the problem, it had somehow flipped over in the gas tank. I have also had issues with the Keyless Go System to get into the car. I would push the lock and unlock buttons and it would perform the reverse action I wanted. I push the lock button and it would not lock. I had taken it to the dealer and again they said they could not find anything. Since, it has been spotty, not sure if it will come up again. Over the years of having cars, my family has had Mercedes, Lexus, Audi, BMW, etc. and the Jeep 100% can be competitive to any of them when optioned right. It definitely looks the best in its class and has a certain prowess that many other SUVs cannot match. I love the 4WD system, it handles incredibly in the winter snow, in fact I had taught a 16 year old skid control (while it was snowing) in an empty parking lot with the Jeep! This car is a great car to teach a new driver. Very easy to drive and easy to handle... Smooth. For any slight amount of off roading I have to do, the Jeep handles it with no problem. Although there are some flaws, I think it is a decent vehicle for the value and stands out, when its not getting worked on, of course !

Best SUV I’ve ever owned

by Jeep09 from MO on Thu May 10 2018

The turn radios is great. Love the leather interior. Excellent off road mobility. Great in snow. Very reliable vehicle. Maintains its value. I love it!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 37