2018 Grand Cherokee

4.8 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

2018 Grand Cherokee High Altitude

by Just Timmy on November 7, 2017

I traded a 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland for this car so it is very similar but with some great updates. Fit and finish has improved over 2011 and the adaptive cruise a bonus. Much better mileage with the 6 cylinder vs. the 8.

High Altitude V8

by Sidespin from Rochester on June 1, 2018

Powerful, beautiful, easy to drive and has all the tech of a premium luxury vehicle for almost half the price. The High Altitude I think is on a par with the Velar and F-Pace in terms of styling. I get out and I have to admire it as I walk away. The bolstering on the driving seat is a little disappointing, and you will need the SRT or Trackhawk to feel fully strapped in. Likewise having the wood trim on the steering wheel would be nice, though you have to choose the Summit for this option. I chose the High Altitude for the blacked out styling and body kit. The V8 is a little heavy on gas, though it feels worth it. It just keeps climbing and while it isn't sports car off the line quick, it's a huge beast when all 8 pots kick in. On ramps are pretty fun. The ergonomic layout of the buttons, voice controls, lane assist and adaptive cruise control make journeys incredibly relaxing and stressless, and it feels great for cruising rather than always flexing its muscle. Definitely better for highway cruising and rugged conditions rather than city driving as it's heavy going from stop sign to stop sign. You buy this car because you really want it, and I did. Best all-round car I've owned.

Long term review - 2.5 years of ownership

by Ross Anderson on January 9, 2018

We are currently leasing a 2015 Overland GC and wanted to share a bit about our experience with the vehicle. Right off the bat, this generation has the best exterior styling, in my opinion, in the 5-seat midsize SUV. No other manufacturer comes close. Well, maybe the BMW X6M, but that is a very polarizing design and also cost 200% more than the GC Overland. Our particular model is outfitted with the 3.6L V6 engine, HID headlights, navigation, a backup camera, parking sensors, leather seats, heat/cooled front bucket seats, remote start, and Air Ride suspension. Power from the engine is adequate for most driving conditions. Navigation was a bit annoying to use due to the way addresses had to be entered, but after an over-the-air update, it's now much more intuitive. Still not as good as, say, Hyundai's system. Newer maps do require additional payment and shipped via USB drive. So after more than 2 years of driving the GC, here are the pros and cons: PROS - Remote start on the key fob is very easy to use, and we use it almost daily. Whether it's in the July/August heat or the winter cold, this feature is a God-sent. Smartphone remote start systems from other manufacturers are no good, in my opinion. They often take too long or doesn't work all the time (ie. Hyundai, Kia, Lexus). - HID headlights are extremely bright. Although the industry is moving away from HID and towards LED, I still feel HIDs are much brighter. However, I did have the dial down the angle because the way my headlights were aimed from the factory was much too high. We were constantly getting flashed by oncoming traffic. *Sorry* - Heat/cool seats are amazing. They heat up and cool down very fast. The multiway adjustment is also very abundant. - I am a big fan of the electronic shifter. It looks very cool and saves space by not having to move through the range of gears as a physical shifter does. However, on 2017 models the physical shifter is back due to several newsworthy accidents. - 4x4 is a beast, with new-ish tires. Jeep is legendary at this so that is expected. - Steering wheel controls are intuitive. The steering wheel itself is nice, too. - LED license plate lights came standard. Small details. - Air Ride suspension is amazing. At speeds over 50 mph, the suspension engages in Aero mode: front end lowers automatically to reduce drag. There are 2 more heights for offroad conditions and we do use them quite a bit. CONS - Air Rides. Not quite a Con, but unsure how the suspension will hold up after 5 or more years of constant adjusting. You cannot turn off the Aero mode. - Initial quality. At 3,000 miles, we had the right headlight unit replaced under warranty. The LED daytime running light faded to a dark blue and the warning on the dash popped up constantly stating that the light bulb is nearing its end of life. - I've had the navigation screen go dark for the entire duration of a commute. The only way to reset was to turn off and then on the vehicle again. - I've had the backup camera image stuck on the infotainment screen during the duration of the commute. The only way to reset was to turn off and then on the vehicle again. - I've had HAV system unresponsive (fan, temperature, etc.). The only way to reset was to turn off and then on the vehicle again. - Dealership experience is weak. No loaner. No amazing customer service. Don't expect a Lexus experience where movies, high-end coffee/expresso abundance, brand new loaners. And maybe you shouldn't: you are getting the same customer service for driving a GC Overland the same as that guy driving a Compass. Overall, we really like our GC Overland. We get compliments on it frequently and we enjoy taking it out on trips. But only as a lease.

Own it, but it is defective.

by Al from Los Angeles on June 30, 2018

Bought it recently and only drove it a few days before all the lights started flashing, beepers went off and it lost power. Somethings about the throttle. So, I can't drive it. We have to wait almost a month for the dealer to spare us a moment to look at the problem. It can't be driven, so it has to be towed to the dealer. Very sad because it is beautiful.

Does not recommend this car!!

Best Car to own for a family

by Rollin from Fort Wayne, Indiana on June 3, 2018

Best car we have own for our family! Nothing to complain about. Best accomodation for a family, smooth to drive and the style of the car simply rocks!!

new car

by joe from oregon on February 12, 2018

to new to review completely like what we have so far. will review later. the back set is kind or uncomfortable on long trips but will get use to in the long run.

Love the Trailhawk

by wolfldy from Colorado Springs on June 9, 2018

Our sales person, Brandon Wilke, was incredibly patient. My husband and I were trying to decide between a Grand Cherokee Limited and a Trail hawk (which is what I wanted) and he patiently took the time to pull multiple vehicles out for us to test drive, sit in and try out. At no time did I feel like it was an inconvenience. At the time of the sale (which is when it counts) it was a quick and fair process. I used True Car through USAA. When I took delivery of the Jeep he took the time to go through everything but not be overwhelming. Since the sale I have asked him questions and he has been most helpful. I would recommend him and the dealership. The only thing I wish would happen is within 30 days of sale you received a 20% discount through the parts department as I would like to accessorize my new Grand Cherokee. I really love it; have waited two years to buy it.

Love This SUV

by TMJeepLover79 on May 31, 2018

I have always wanted a Jeep Grand Cherokee... literally dreamed about it!!! So I must say sometimes when u build yourself up to much things can be a let down... well Not in this case!!! I Absolutely Love my Truck and it is a Dream Come True!!!

Favorite suv to drive EVER In LOVE

by Laxec15 on March 18, 2018

It’s amazing. Everything about it is well designed. I never thought I’d love a jeep more than my 2012 Liberty... this BLOWS it away. Would highly recommend this vehicle.

This SUV does everything and looks super cool too.

by Jeep fan from Champaign, IL on February 21, 2018

4x4 that can get through anything, rockin stereo, smooth ride, heated everything. What more could you ask for.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 19