2009 Wrangler Unlimited

2009 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

2009 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

4.4

Have you driven the 2009 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited?

My 2009 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited in Red Rock

by David B Jeep Enthusiast from Memphis on Tue May 05 2009

This is my third Jeep, a 89 YJ(Wrangler), 99 WJ Grand Cherokee, and this 09 JK Unlimited, that I bought 3 weeks ago, put 1200 miles on it so far. This thing drives better than my Grand Cherokee. It does have a little more road noise, but you can still carry on a conversation at 70mph on the highway. I have only been off road a few times, in short runs, but the 4wd works as advertised, the Jeep walked through what I put it in as legend shows. Hard top panels, once you take them off a couple of times, you have them off and stored in no time. Take the doors off, and you adventure is taken to a new level. The engine is a little underpowered, but manageable. Would like to have had a 4.7L V8 or even the 5.7L Hemi option available. Gas mileage, I didn't buy it for gas mileage, but it gets better than my Grand Cherokee did. If you don't like a slightly rougher ride (which I would say is better than my Grand Cherokee, any Ford Explorer I have been in, Xterra, Dodge Durango, and full size pick up truck I have been in), a little road noise, having to climb up into well this isn't for your. If you don't like the possibility of a leak with a soft top, and some with the hard top, this isn't the vehicle for you. If you are looking for mid 20's or higher in gas mileage and you couldn't live with yourself with an a range of 16 to 21, then this isn't the vehicle for you. As they say, It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand! If you do understand and understand that above is all a part of the experience, all apart of the history, all apart of the legend, the you do understand, and a Jeep should be your next purchase. Owning a Jeep Wrangler is a "Way of Life", is you life asking for it? I use this everyday, drop the kids at school, work, during the work day on appointments, weekend fun, trips in the future. See you on the road, see you on the trail, but remember, if you are in a Jeep, WAVE! "It's a Jeep thing..."

This is the BEST Jeep I've ever driven!

by Search & Rescue volunteer from Oregon coast on Sun Jan 17 2010

I have nothing but good things to say about the Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon! Jeep just got it right! My favorite thing is the 2009 comes with a LIFETIME (yes, LIFETIME) powertrain warranty! I just bought one and I'm DRIVING HAPPY! ;-) -B (Search & Rescue volunteer)

2009 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X

by Jeep nut from Keizer,Oregon from Keizer,OR on Sat Jul 11 2009

After driving my wife's 2008 Jeep Liberty LTD with all the options inclueding the Skyslider roof top.An the fact she let me take it mudding.I went out an traded in my 2007 Ford F-150 for a 2009 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X Flame Red Clearcoat/Black Soft Top. This Jeep had just a few options on it.Trailer Towing ,7 speaker sound option.I had the Dealer add 17" Black Rims out of the factory Jeep catalog, Along with Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor AT Tire's. The Jeep has just 3300 mile's on it 300 mile's of it off road.The Jeep run's great,has good power on & off road ,I am 53 year's old and have seen an been in cars & trucks with way less power than this jeep has.The sound system in this jeep well block out the freeway road noise ,with or without the top on it. I use this jeep everyday,driving to work, during the work day ,and for weekend fun.

First Jeep, not my last!

by Jeep for Life from Naperville, IL on Thu Sep 17 2009

Traded in a Toyota Sienna for a black Sahara...WOW! Love it! Put our 4Runner to shame off-road on a recent trip to our house in Phoenix. Absolutely love the sound of the engine. Averaging 16MPG after 3000 miles, could average 18 or 19, but I don't drive conservative at all so I really don't care. However, teh 4 speed automatic is now ancient and I think Jeep should put in the awesome 6 speed auto used in the new 4.0 Town & Countrys. The only thing I regret is not getting a soft top or navigation. Going to purchase an aftermarket soft top in the coming months, and my wife's Garmin does the job I guess. Love all the little "Jeep" features. All in all, this is our very first Jeep product and must say, our next car will be a Jeep! Thinking Commander for my wife? No car company can even come close to the iconic Jeep brand. Everybody asks if my car is a Hummer. I gladly tell them no, it's a Jeep. I have had 3 friends go and buy one after they saw mine. Hate snow, but the Jeep is making me anxious to see how it plows through it. Keep 'em comin Jeep!

Best vehicle I've ever owned.

by freelance photog from Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada on Thu Mar 10 2011

This is my second Jeep product and will not be my last. I can assure any and all that there will be other Wranglers in my future. The only problem I've had with this vehicle was some of the seals around the hardtop leaked. I took it back to the dealer and they swapped out the original seals with new 'redesigned' seals and it is now as tight and dry as any 'non' convertible. This thing just goes and goes. What it can't go through, it will go over or around. Nothing stops it. Over a foot of snowfall in one day? Piece of cake. Loose sand? Nothing to it. Deep mud? Pffft! Bear in mind I bought this vehicle with no regard or worry about fuel consumption or niceties like power seats or leather wrapped anything. I didn't care about any of that fluff. I just wanted a vehicle that was dependable, capable, and almost unstoppable. And I got it.

4 dr jeep wrangler unlimited

by dkbrown from Opleousas,LA on Thu Mar 14 2013

I love this jeep. I have 70000 miles on it and have never had any trouble with it. I have been averaging 18.8 mpg. I have own lots of vehicles and this is probably the best I have ever own!

Great fun car - this is my second one

by Dina E from Washington DC on Thu Nov 19 2009

This model drives much better than the 1999 that I had. He is much smoother than before. This car has the wow factor everthing thinks its cool. It is a real head turner and fun to drive. We have also found it to be reliable.

Rock Solid 5 years later

by Topped Off from Grand Rapids , MI on Wed Aug 20 2014

2009 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4door and this is my 4th Wrangler and my first four door. After 5 years no complaints, no repairs- just normal maintenance. Body is perfect and no rust up here in Michigan((road salt capital of U.S.). Courtesy Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram of Grand Rapids Michigan has the best service department by a landslide- NEVER go to Harold Ziegler- NEVER

4 door jeep wrangler unlimited

by snookey from Bloomington IN on Thu Feb 28 2013

Handles great. Roomy on the inside. Great body style. We have a 2 door Jeep Wrangler and the 4 door beats it 2 to 1 for comfort and quietness. Recommend buying the hard top vs. the soft top due to noise control. Only complaint I have is that I wish it got better gas milage than 17 mpg. But I would buy another one in the future.

Elbow room anyone???

by CarNut from on Fri Jan 04 2013

I've always wanted a Wrangler, and when the Limited came out, I thought it would be practical enough for a family vehicle. While it was somewhat practical, cool, fun to drive off-road, I just COULD NOT get over how uncomfortable it was. And really, it was just the fact the door is RIGHT ON YOU. I mean, the only way to rest your left arm, was to open the window. The other disappointment was in the lack of power, while at the same time, poor gas mileage. You should only have to endure one or the other - but not BOTH.

Does not recommend this car!!

1 2 3 4 5

Our Take on the 2009 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

If there was any doubt a four-door Jeep Wrangler makes sense, you need only look at the numbers.

After selling Wrangler with just two doors for decades, Jeep added a four-door for the 2007 model year. Sales of the SUV icon now run 60 percent four-door.

The adventuresome want to go anywhere, any time, with everyone. That was possible with the two-door but not without a squeeze to get into and out of the equally minuscule rear seat. Space and easier access were sorely needed.

Enter the Unlimited.

Unlimited is offered with a softtop standard and a removable hardtop, a $1,585 option, making it a four-door convertible SUV with adult seating front and rear. And it's a blast to pilot in fair weather or foul... Read More