2013 Kia Forte consumer reviews

Explore the 2013 Kia Forte
Shop the 2013 Kia Forte
3.1

Good for the price

This vehicle is pretty cheaply made, I would suggest to wait and spend the extra money and get something nicer.

Outstanding Value- Great Ride-Lot's of Candy

This car is one of the best values you can buy. The ride is smooth and quiet for the price, amenities abound, and technology galore. I just wish I could buy stock in Kia. If you doubt this review, just see how many there are on the road around you today. Folks are voting with their wallets. Detroit makes some great cars, but so does Kia (many of whch are built in the USA).

4.4

Probably the best car I've ever owned

I purchased this car one year ago today with 28,500 on the odometer. I've previously owned GM vehicles with little luck in the reliability department...so I decided to switch. I was drawn to this car because of the exterior styling, and bumper to bumper manufacturer warranty-it's still under that warranty. Pros- -interior controls are easy to use/see/reach -bluetooth -xm radio -sound system (sounds good for stock) -steering wheel controls. (radio/cruise/bluetooth) -acceleration(not a mustang, but I was surprised-it being a 4 cyl and all) -ABS/traction control -sunroof (premium pkg) -alloy wheels (premium pkg) -keyless entry -auto off headlights -manual option for auto trans -hi-way mpg (I avg 39+) -heated mirrors -power folding mirrors -brake assist -power options (windows/locks/mirrors/etc) -comfortable seats -roomy interior -tilt/telescoping steering wheel Cons- -no engine/coolant temp gauge -raspy engine -stiff suspension (you feel evey bump) -cheap interior materials -no auto headlights (I'm used to this...I forget to turn them on) -city mpg ( I avg 21-23) Overall, I think this car is a great reliable purchase, even though there are a few drawbacks to it. It has been the most reliable car I've owned. No major issues...only problem...short in the high-mount (third) brake light, but it was a cheap fix and covered under the warranty. Great car! I would buy one again!

Reliable

I feel safe taking my young children in this car, Kias are very safe and reliable, my wife drives one also

Great value and reliability

Great MPH and simple comfort. Power locks, automatic. Good visibility. Very reliable. Simple routine maintenance, oil and tire. 29 mph with no effort.

4.0

Basic transportation

Looks are plain, but it drives nicely. Good gas mileage, decent acceleration. USB connection works with iPod ok, doesn't seem to have enough power to work with phones? Still looking into that. Very please with the value.

LOVE my 2013 Kia Forte 5

I have had my kia forte 5 door for about 2 months and so far I absolutely love it. I looked at many reviews of this car and no one seemed to have any major problems. The value and the technology for the money that you spend on these cars is awesome. This is my first financed vehicle that ive ever owned and I will absolutely be buying a brand new kia forte 5 once this one is paid off. I would recommend this car to anyone that wants a good looking, tech savvy, comfortable, fun to drive small car. Even my 6 foot tall boyfriend who had to borrow the car while his was in the shop loves it.

2.6

Used car owned for 1.5 years

We bought ours uses, with 40,000 miles in 2014. At the time we really did not understand the concept of a car that was a year old and that many miles. It was nice at first, our first car with hands free bluetooth, XM radio... But within a few months we started having problems with it. Water leaked into the car when it rained, Google search found this was common. It made a squeaking sound when running the AC or Defroster, that we found out was a common issue. The road noise was horrible, we came from a dodge durango that was parked and paid off, but wanted something with better mpg. Finally at 17 months we traded it in at a loss.

So far so good

I recently bought a Kia Rio EX Hatchback & so far I'm satisfied. My first check on gas mileage showed about 29 mpg hwy/city combined. The cargo area cover material seems a it flimsy w/ not much support beneath to carry much of any kind of load. I also wish that the bottom seat cushion folded down as you lose several square feet as it is in it's present design.

3.0

milage is not as stated

Milage for this 2013 Kia Forte is discouraging.Bad for city driving in summer and much worse in winter months. Average city driving is only 20mpg in summer and as low as 16 in winter which here in northern ny is 6 months Highway is also not good. The avg is 32 for interstate driving at 65 with cruise control regardless of winter or summer. It has always been 32 whenever I check it it never varies up or down. Dealer not helpful, says it is because of ethanol or fuelmakeup. I have owned 7 civics and 1 corolla before this and all had much better gas milage. Chances Kia will not be my next car when I trade