2013 Kia Rio consumer reviews

side view of 2013 Rio Kia
Explore the 2013 Kia Rio
Shop the 2013 Kia Rio

Excellent MPG for the Price

ECO on the RIO LX allows you to get great MPG from this little commuter car. I average 36 mpg daily driving to and from work and shopping about 20 miles per day. Plenty of room throughout this small car in both the front and back. Only drawback for me is the 11 gallon tank that makes me have to stop driving to put another $27 in the tank. Before my Rio LX, I spent $80 a week on a truck. I cant list all of the benefits the LX offers and how much support KIA puts behind their cars, but I am very happy with my purchase.

4.1

Just a great alernative to larger vehicles

Frankly, the best partof a Kia or Hyundai is the 5yr/60,000 mile bumper to bumper, 10-yr100,000 miles engtine&drivetrain and 5yr 60,000 miles roadside assistance. All the cars have great extrerior/interior design and I have found very reliable/serviceable vehicles since the 2001 models. The Kia Brand which has 33% Hyjndai ownership is starting to accel in options such as but not limited to electrically operated closing sideview mirrors.

3.7

Like a Teddy Bear

I have test driven a Ford Fiesta since April. I switched over to the Kia Rio in August 2013 as the Fiesta felt like a rough ride a little and I was having the brakes and rotors looked at. I rent and test drive the Kia Rio. I feel like I am in a strong bubble, the shock system is amazing and I feel minimal exterior road driving bumps, etc, I long term commute 100 miles a day. My only con is that it doesn't have cruise control, I would like to see cup holders in the doors like the fiesta. The air conditioning in the Rio is bar none.....I was very impressed on how the car cooled up so fast. I have been driving the Rio a few weeks now.....so far so good......

Small car BIG results

Great little car, has many great features from the sleek interior to the comfort you desire. Gets awesome gas mileage and is cost efficient even for the low income families. The technology packed into this car makes it a top rated family car with all the safety features built in. For those stubborn sharp turns or tight spaces, this car tackles them without a hesitation.

Ive done the math!

Ive done a side by side comparison this car with the Ford Fiesta and the Nissan Sentra, and hands down the KIA Rio is the best car for my money! The U.S. A. rates this car as the best sedan in it's class and I tend to agree with them!

Best gas mileage

Went to buy a Kia Soul and came home with the Rio because something about it just drew me to it, Love the drive and mileage, Only complaint the passenger side seat should be able to raise up.

Great car for the price !

Loved the styling looks very European and the interior is sharp for a car this price , drawbacks seats uncomfortable very flat seats no support on long trips , dealer maintence high and have rattles after 15k ..but overall great car sharp looking and gas milage although not what advertised good and better with the Kia reimbursement allotment

4.4

gas saver

very good and unexpensive car! great on gas,only downsize is,that not equiped with a spare tire,it comes with a fix-a-flat tipe of device and as I heard on the street ,Kia parts tend to be quite expensive.Other than that I am very happy with the best guarantee on the market today.

The (New Mini) Kia Rio5 2013

Not bad for a commuter car! First of all, I would like to mention that I am a little over 6ft tall, and I fit comfortably in the car. I've been driving my Kia Rio5 for about a month. So Far, I've been averaging 37 mpg. Great value for the price. The car comes stocked with more amenities than I expected for a basic model. For example, the heated mirrors are a nice feature to have in the winters of the northeast. Also, the car handles well under extreme conditions. The only thing that I wish was standard on the basic model would be the Bluetooth feature. Overall, I am very pleased with the (new mini) Kia Rio5. I would recommend this car to anyone.

My fun KIA RIO 2012

I had a Toyota Yaris and it was time for a change. Whilst doing some research I came across the KIA RIO, loved it. I find my RIO smooth and comfortable. It is economic, stylish and sexy with heaps of features. However, It would've been nice if the front passenger seat could be raised too, like the driver's seat. Overall, good value for money!