2013 Kia Rio consumer reviews

side view of 2013 Rio Kia
Explore the 2013 Kia Rio
Shop the 2013 Kia Rio

German Design, Asian Reliability

Best pound-for-pound small car you'll find. Kia poached lead designer Peter Schreyer from Volkswagen/Audi (designed the Audi TT) and this was an early effort for the Korean company. The car boasts a solid engine with timing chain, comfortable commute, strong mileage, bluetooth, backup camera, wireless calling, and with the seats down in back you can haul most of what you need around a city. Best features for the money in this price range. Stock tires will go sooner than they should but add Nokian All Weather WRG3s or Michelins and this car dominates the weather in Boston punching way above it's weight. Four years of daily driving around Boston and this car served above and beyond expectations with no issues. Good power to weight ratios make it fun to drive, easy move around the highway, zip down small city streets, and park in tight spaces. The Schreyer Rio does everything you need a city car to do and does all of it well - don't miss out on this diamond in the rough that is part of a Korean automobile revolution blending German design with Asian reliability.

bought it new

never a problem except in first few months did not always start for about a week. Fixed in a hour at no charge under warranty. Cheap to run so I go when I like and where. Sport shift in mountains and definitely down hill gives better control. corners in rain and at speeds I have not done in any other car i owned. Clearance can be a issue on road works and drive ways but rarely. Use sports shift to merge onto freeway in heavy traffic and no problem. Had cruise control fitted later and they replaced the steering wheel for integrated controls. Tried everything in this price bracket I could get my hands on then I bought this.

4.4

First car I owned

This car is perfect for someone's first car or even someone trying to save money, like a college student. It's good on gas, drives really nice and reliable. It's a little on the smaller side but I am glad I chose it for my first car.

4.3

The best car purchase i have made so far

I purchased my Kia for my sister, and could not have picked a better car for her. It was incredibly affordable and extremely reliable

Great car

Great gas mileage plus it has a lot of features I really appreciate such as the rear view camera and blue tooth technology for my iPod and my cellphone. It has pretty good power for a 4-cylinder engine as well.

Very good car for the price

Excellent gas mileage and dependability. Good features like the rear view camera and blue tooth technology.

4.4

Love my Kia

I'm bought my 2013 Kia Rio EX Eco in July 2012. Coming up on having it for 5 years, and have never had an issue. Biggest complaint is that a long (5+ hour drive) will hurt your rear, and that the passenger seat is pretty low sitting compared to the driver. I've put 65k miles on her and you can't beat the gas mileage and reliability. Not powerful, but that's exactly what I wanted (no accidental speeding tickets) - still handles high speeds well, and the slap shift makes it great in the snow.

4.0

Most comfortable car ever

Best buy I have made . Love. The color ,,rides beautifully. Easy on gas, can get in and out of the car with no problems

Great all-around car

I bought a 2013 new, and love everything about it. It's cute, peppy, comfortable, maintenance-free, 38-41mpg on the hwy, very adequate sound system, roomy, good handling, good in snow, safe. What more could you ask for? Maybe better resale value. Written Oct. 2016.

3.6

Average car

Bought it used from a Kia dealer at 49000KM now at 56000 km. 1st morning battery is dead and had the starter replace under warranty since it was draining the battery. 2nd week had to replace the radio under warranty. After 1 month had to replace air cabin and engine air filter completly clog at a local garage + engine oil really dark. Mechanic suggest to go back to the dealer since there's engine oil everywhere under the car. They had to pull the tranny under warranty to change oilseal between engine and tranny. Had to pay 300$ to clean up the home driveway... Everything that was on the 150 points inspection wasn't repare before selling the car... including 2 parking lights and the brake maintenance... Had to replace front and rear brakes after 6000Km even if dealer claim the did the maintenace before selling... My bad i should have the car inspected in a second garage before buiyng... Weak cooling system in hot summer time and temperture reach easy 210 resulting in a lost of power and really poor fuel economy (12 to 15 mpg). Good fuel economy rest of the time. Front seat are to hard but comfort still decent.