2008 MKZ

2008 Lincoln MKZ

2008 Lincoln MKZ

4.5

Have You Driven the 2008 Lincoln MKZ?

Love this car!

by Smartlady from Orlando, FL on Tue Oct 26 2010

This car is not only beautiful but has great performance as well. Very responsive. Love the interior, everything is well located. Extremely large trunk with turndown back seats for even more trunk capacity. I receive more compliments on this car than any I 've ever owned. All of this and recommended by CR as well. How can you go wrong?

The first upscale car I've owned

by Chem man from Missoula, MT on Wed Sep 23 2009

We looked at the car and thought it was a good-looking piece of motordom, and a big step up from the car we were currently driving. Ford (Lincoln) has a reputation for good reliability, and much better than the one we were driving. When we test drove the demonstration car, we were really impressed with its handling, and comfort. Also, its noise level was much lower than the "old car." We ordered the MKZ in dark blue ink, and had to wait 6 weeks for delivery, our first disappointment. When we finally got the car, it was everything we expected, with minor irritations, but overall, we are pleased with its performance and comfort. We got the all-wheel drive (We live in Montana) which has worked well for us on city streets and country roads. We enjoy the dual heating/cooling zones, as well. The interior is good-looking and impressive. We also enjoy the heated/cooled seats, especially because the color is a "heat magnet." We are cooled in summer heat in a very short time. Air conditioning is very adequate in summer, and heaters work well in the winter. On the negative side, There's no lifting of the trunk lid when the latch is released, no handle, and you have to use your fingernails to actually lift the lid! Also, the shifter has no options for gears other than"low" and drive, The old car had an "autostick" which allowed me to downshift when going down mountain roads, or to control the braking with the engine, It seems that with the shifter controlled mainly by the computer, it would be easy to have that control available....A little programming and it would be done. It would add a bit of sportiness to the car for those of us who are young at heart!

Doesn't get any better

by Love my Linclon from Suburban Philadelphia on Mon Jul 28 2008

This car replaces my V-8 LS. Except for the acceleration, everything is better. How much better? The mileage is great, the ride smooth as silk and the trunk space is fantastic. In fact the vehicle is so good, we have two of them.

NEW CAR MAN

by CAR LOVER from KCMO on Mon Aug 18 2008

I TRADED A SATURN VUE FOR MKZ. I LOVE THE WAY IT DRIVES , LOOK'S AND MAKES ME FEEL WHEN I DRIVE IT. I HAVE HAD IT FOR 2 MO. MPG CITY 21. HIGHWAY 32. LOT'S OF FUN FACTOR. I;M ALWAY'S LOOKING AT NEW CARS. AND BOUGHT WAY TO MANY. THIS LOOKS LIKE THE KEEPER I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR. FRED KCMO

Classy, Sporty Wheels with High Tech Features

by Suburban Dad from Philadelphia, PA on Tue Jun 17 2008

I didn't think a Lincoln would suit me (an athletic, middle-aged male) because of Lincoln's tradition of large landcruisers with marshmallow rides. However, a test drive of a friend's MKZ demonstrated otherwise. The 3.5 liter V-6 has plenty of power and the car tautly hugs corners over twisting country roads. The exterior styling is understated, yet subtly striking (particularly the taillights, front grille, and foglights) - has even drawn praise from my teenagers (they also like the leg room in the rear). The Sync system is amazing; it makes cell use with Bluetooth a breeze and it somehow instantly locates songs on my Ipod with simple voice commands. This is a great and underrated feature!!! Interior is well laid out - however, with a sunroof, the headroom is tight - if you are over 6 feet tall check this carefully. The quality and workmanship is excellent throughout; e.g, the doors have that solid, quality "thud" when closing. Even the standard audio system sounds great - the optional THX system sounds better than my home theater system. The car is outstanding in this class - it is by far the most car for the money. Don't overlook this when looking at the Cadillac CTS, BMW 3 or 5 series, Lexus 350, or the Infiniti G35.

Luxury but some design flaws

by Blazethru from San Antonio tx on Sat Dec 09 2017

Lincoln really does have all the bells and whistles. It is a very comfortable car and has a great sound system and low road noise. However the display is very confusing and some things like auxiliary port and car charging port are hard to find and put cords in them. It accelerates well but not as well as the 2010 model. Very smooth ride as you would expect and a spacious interior.

Great Car For The $

by kcgaz from Scottsdale, AZ on Sun Apr 12 2009

I purchased my 2008 MKZ in Dececember of 2008 and it has been great. Although there are a few minor things like the poor rear window visiblity that make it challenging, overall it is great. The Sync technology is fantastic, the ride is great and it handles perfectly. If you want a very comfortable luxury car that turns heads, this one is for you!

Excellent car

by I love cars from West Babylon, NY on Sat Jul 12 2008

This car is competition for the Cadillac CTS. I believe the MKZ has much better styling, more reasonably priced and just as comfortable. I find no drawbacks with my 2008 MKZ. I would highly recommend this car to anyone who is contemplating the purchase of a luxury import sedan.

Great car, smooth and quite

by The Hawk from Guam on Wed Jul 01 2009

This car drives great, good power, smooth engine, and classy interior/exterior. We had a Lincoln Continetal prior to this 2008 MKZ AWD and loved that car also! Cudo's to Lincoln! I will buy these cars as long as they build them!

Not Quite a CTS, but Great Value

by Piston Fan from Troy, MI on Tue Nov 20 2007

I also own an '07 CTS. This car does not perform like the CTS or give the "wow" effect, but the value for the money is outstanding. There are great deals available for this car while no deals on the new '08 CTS. The "Sinc" software is awesome. The ability to use the bluetooth plus the ipod linkage is underplayed by Ford as this is slick.

1 2 3