2006 Lincoln Zephyr consumer reviews

side view of 2006 Zephyr Lincoln
Explore the 2006 Lincoln Zephyr
3.7

06zephyr

Cooling in front seats is a bit flakey , great when it works , but sometimes I can't even tell if it's on. 3 liter engine is good , but I prefer more power . The platinum paint is goergeous , but I don't think it's available anymore .

love it

The 06 lincoln zephyr is by far the best car I've ever owned. Beautiful exterior lines...turns heads constantly...slick and chic interior...perfect blend of luxury and performance

4.0

Lincoln beats Acura and Honda

I have been a Honda guy for 20 years. This time around I was looking again at Honda, Acura, or Nissan. Could not find one that met my comfort, price needs. Dealer had me drive the Lincon Zepher/MKZ and it turned out to be a WOW moment. Sporty, comfortable, quiet, more bells and whistles than I was looking for, and for FAR less than any simular level Honda, Accura, Nissan. Zepher/MKZ rated high on all catigories too! I am a Lincoln man now.

Love this car

This car handles great, is very comfortable - I like all of the features. I like the styling - it is spacious - has a good sized trunk. I would definitely recommend this car to a friend.,

MOST LUXURIOUS CAR I HAVE OWNED FOR LOW $$

I too bought my Zephyr in Feb 2009. I bought an 2006 with 28k mi. for $14,500! Way below blue book! Talk about a deal! .. Yeah well! I saw it and fell in love with it! I don't like the camel inside.. however I can live with it... Why? Cause everything else is perfect! Drives well, I drive the speed limit on cruise control, no need for speed in this car! .. Everyone does look at you! .. The sound system to die for! The sunroof, the heated seats in the winter OMG! The cooled seats in the summer & Arizona! OMG! The trunk, both kids can fit into and then some! The gas mileage.. ! This 6cyl car uses the same gas as my 4 cyl compact car! I don't know what else to say! .. I will defineately buy Lincoln again!

THIS CAR ROCKS!!!!!!

Ok so i bought this car 2 months ago in 2009!! Used one owner 30k miles and a 16,500 price tag.........Everything about this car is Beautiful, Elegant, Timeless and Classy!!!!! I feel like a movie star driving it.....Everyone Stares!!! Definate Ego Booster!! but aside from that the Nav, and fully loaded interior is the like honestly easy to use and very easy to get used to as well!! the Handling and comfort are supreme and talk about Zippy!!! I named her Black Beauty and that is exactly what My Zephyr is!!!

Lincoln Lux Value

Bought in Aug 06 now at 30k has been reliable and comfortable car. Really liked the interior when I purchased this car (white ext beige leather w/light color wood trim int. Car was in dealer inventory. No opts but I never feel like I am missing anything. Uses regular fuel and has a smaller engine than the 2007 and new models. Has adequate power and gets miles/gal typical of a 6 cyl. Michelins that came with it are wearing well too!

4.4

Interesting Vehicle

I really do love my 06 Lincoln Zephyr as it is dependable and comfortable to drive. I only have two complaints. One minor and one that I consider major. The steering is a major problem. It is very difficult to get into any kind of parking spcae, be it parallel or straight in and trying to make a Uturn is a nightmare. The minor problem is the sun visor that won't stay attached. It is a beautiful car and would I buy another? Not without a full test drive to test out the steering.

4.3

Zepher

When I purchased this car I was expecting it to be an interim car. I had traded in an S-Type Jaguar to get the new warranty and extra safety features. Finding one with the Navigation system and Sirius radio was a bonus. The first time I drove it I was amazed at how well it drove. I had always described the ride of the Jaguar as "smooth" because it did everything well but did it in a way that you really never noticed. It could go to 130 mph but you never felt the back in the seat acceleration. All of a sudden it was just going fast. The Zepher is best described as "Solid". You can hear the engine kick in when you hit the accelerator and feel your body sink into the comfortable seats. At any speed you feel nailed to the road. I mentioned to my wife to watch herself when driving the car because it is a ticket maker. You can easily find yourself well over the speed limit on back roads without realizing it. The Navigation/entertainment system is the best in the buisiness. The THX system will knock your socks off. I can't wait to try an MK-z with the 263 HP.

3.3

Not really a Lincoln

I've had the car for two months and am very disappointed in it. True it has a great looking interior if you don't get standard black. And the stereo is terrific. But there are just too many sore points. First, the car does not handle well if you have people or cargo in it. In fact, if you hit any sizeable bump, the rear end bounces very, very hard, and fishtails...which is just an accident waiting to happen. The Lincoln people tell me (Ive brought it back twice) that this is just the way the car is supposed to handle. Next, the memory settings on the driver seat dont always work properly. The seat remains in its full back position, and does not reset until you press one of the driver settings. The car has been brought back for this twice as well. The Lincoln people tell me they can't re-create the problem, and therefore can't repair it. A reprogramming of the system failed to correct the problem. Next, the dash board is impossible to read in sunlight since the glass is angled poorly. It will take you a while to get used to the distance of anything behind the car when trying to back up, since he back is so high. But you will get used to it. Forget the 20mpg city/28mpg hwy they claim. Highway isnt bad...about 26, but city is about 12 to 14. I drive a fair mix of city/hwy...about 50/50, and am averaging 18MPG. That's what I was getting with my Nissan 350Z Roadster with the 290 HP engine. Go figure... It's too bad the car has so many faults, because it is a pretty nice looking car. I was just expecting to really be getting a Lincoln. I have owned 2 LS's and they were awesome cars. I should have gotten the 2006 model. I would have been happier. I think my next stop will be audi...