of the 2018 Mercedes‑Benz GLE 550e Plug‑In Hybrid. Base trim shown.
From the Cars.com Vehicle Test Team
- AMG models' performance potential
- Backseat room, seating position
- Visibility (non-coupe)
- Flat extended cargo floor with seats folded
- Flimsy climate controls
- Cumbersome backseat folding
- Visibility in coupe
- Backseat entry/exit in coupe
- Limited cargo room in coupe
AMG GLE 43's V-6 engine now rated at 385 hp
Five-seat, mid-size luxury SUV
Rear- or all-wheel drive
Available plug-in hybrid GLE 550e
What it is: The Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class mid-size luxury SUV comes in a variety of forms, including an SUV coupe body style and as a plug-in hybrid. Performance-oriented AMG versions are also offered. Competitors include the Lexus RX 350, Audi Q7 and BMW X5.
The twin-turbo V-6 engine that powers the AMG GLE 43 is now rated at 385 horsepower, 23 hp more than last year.
The 2018 Mercedes-Benz GLE 550e Plug-In Hybrid currently has 0 recalls