of the 2006 Mercedes‑Benz R‑Class. Base trim shown.
From the Cars.com Vehicle Test Team
- Ride comfort
- Interior space and versatility
- Steering and handling
- Performance, especially with V-8
- Automatic-transmission operation
- Quiet engine, except when pushed hard
- Headrests impede visibility
- Some windshield reflection
- Slight road/driveline noise at times
- New for 2006
- V-6 or V-8 power
- Seven-speed automatic
- Standard AWD
- Side-impact and side-curtain airbags
- Six-passenger seating
Watch MotorWeek on PBS. Check your local listings for time and channel.
Just love the way it looks on the outside.
The seating takes up to 7 or 6 comforably. Love the sky roof. That it can be like a cargo van with all the seats flatened. It is tighter in space than a regular van but it looks classy! Read full review
Awesome very awesome very very awesome car I love it my kids love my wife love it everybody love it... Read full review
The 2006 Mercedes-Benz R-Class currently has 0 recalls