2006 R-Class

2006 Mercedes-Benz R-Class

2006 Mercedes-Benz R-Class

4.0

Have you driven the 2006 Mercedes-Benz R-Class?

Most Exciting Crossover I've Owned

by Mercedes-Benz Zealot from Boulder, Colorado on Fri Aug 27 2010

I have been so happy with this crossover. I've never owned a Mercedes-Benz before. It is incredible! Comfort is a big plus. The multi-contour seats are awesome! You can comfortable seat 2 adults, 2 big adults, in the 3rd row, no problem. It is a pleasure to drive with power to spare. The only con I can come up with is that the back doors are long. Longer than the front doors. Also, the back doors swing out almost to a 90 degree angle, which is great in some instances, but with kids you have to be careful where you park. If the kids don't carefully open the back doors, it's easy to bonk the car next to you because they are so big and swing out so far. It exceeds expectations on the interstate. This is what it is best at. Cruising along the interstate, hills are no problem. The speed the cruise is set to is steady and effortless. Shifting is not noticed. In my humble opinion the pros are too numerous to list. Test drive this crossover and be ready to fall in love!

2006 Black R500

by Cbuck from Kingwood, TX on Sat Nov 14 2009

I was needing a vehicle that qualified for a small business suv tax break. I look at getting a large SUV, and few other trucks and then I saw this car. I have to admit that I was not overly impressed when I bought it. I had purchased it because it was the best value i could find that met the tax deduction on 6000 GRVW. I have driven it for a month and the more I drive it the more I love the car. Best value for styling and performance you will find.

Looks good so far

by Raghu from San Jose, CA on Mon Dec 26 2011

It's been about 3 months that we bought this 2006 R350. Great size but not a boat like Odyssey or Sienna, perfect acceleration for the size, interior appointments are upto the mark of a Benz. Very silent compared to my Infiniti I30. Got a pretty good deal too !

Love It / Had to get used to a few things..

by LovesCars from Sioux Falls,SD on Tue Apr 07 2009

I bought this pre-owned for a good price. Some question the looks- I think the fastback look is awesome. This vehicle is very smooth and quiet and luxurious and big on room. The back doors are huge but one learns to handle them in tighter spots. I would never have paid the new price for this though since I have had a little time in the shop due to some warranty items. Overall I would recommend it- traded my Acura MDX for it & like having a car/suv/van/crossover Benz!

Awesomest 3rd row

by Family man from Minneapolis, MN on Thu Apr 03 2014

We were shopping for a car that could fit 4-5 adults but didn't care for a Minivan. None of the SUVs we tried had a 3rd row designed for an adult. In the R class I can sit comfortably in the third row and I'm 6ft tall. In addition the panoramic sunroof is unbelievable for the 3rd row passenger. We got a great deal on the used car and look forward to taking on some great road trips this summer!

BETTER THAN AN SUV

by RE from Oklahoma City on Sat Jan 20 2007

Large interior, SMOOTH in all conditions, better mileage than estimates (surprise) and better than my Sequoia, nice to drive a unit that you don't see on every street corner. The price is a little higher than some but the quality is excellent.

Great car

by Lazy kid from New Orleans on Sun Jul 16 2017

Awesome very awesome very very awesome car I love it my kids love my wife love it everybody love it...

We love this (R500) thing

by shanghai mama from NC on Sun Sep 19 2010

Not sure if it is a minivan, suv, station wagon, or muscle car- It tries to do everything and is successful at most. Yes the transmission is a little funky, but it does a great job of keeping the revs down in the engine's torque range. The car is amazingly smooth yet responsive. It handles like a smaller car despite its 4900 pound weight and rather large size. Fuel economy is in the low to mid twenties with no real effort to stay out of the throttle. Jack rabbit starts are just too much fun with this five liter V8. And it consistantly wants to run well over the speed limit. The interior lives up to expectations; typical new school Mercedes. Everything adjusts to suite the driver. The oversized rear doors open out 90 degrees and are far better than sliding doors. Third row is adequate for adults. Seats fold into variety of versitle positions. People are constantly asking what is that thing. Best of all...........It's made in USA.

Excellent family car

by Car lover from Honolulu Hawaii on Wed Aug 15 2012

I bought this 06 R500 used w/ only 10k miles in 2010. It has been 2 years, and knock on wood, it has no problem at all. I take my car to a local Mercedes specialist for annual maintenance. Excellent ride and comfort. Honda and Toyota can't even compare with it.

R for Reliable, Racy, Roomy and Regal

by Eurofan from Sioux Falls, SD on Sun Nov 21 2010

I wasn't sure when I bought this vehicle just how much I was going to like it after my Land Rover but I have quickly learned to love it. I love the elegant styling, the quick response from the V6 and the 7 speed automatic but above all I love the room and comfort. It is way more economic than the Land Rover and carries everyone in more comfort with room to spare. I find it a perfect combination of a vehicle for the family or for turning up on business and taking the client to lunch. It never fails to impress people. Take into consideration the All Wheel Drive and you have something that is both summer and winter friendly. Looks, practicality, performance, safety, comfort this car scores high in all areas.

1 2 3

Our Take on the 2006 Mercedes-Benz R-Class

The closest thing to a minivan Mercedes-Benz is ever likely to build, the new R-Class is a six-passenger cross between a sport utility vehicle and a station wagon. From the side, it looks more minivan-ish than R-Class owners might like to admit. Inside, though, it's all Mercedes.

The R-Class is the second product to come from Mercedes' plant in Alabama, which was built to produce the M-Class SUV. Which it still does, and while the R-Class uses a few bits and pieces from the M-Class, it's an entirely different vehicle.

In purpose, the R-Class is similar to the Chrysler Pacifica, in that both offer three rows of seats, two seats per row. You might think that since DaimlerChrysler owns Mercedes and Chrysler... Read More