2017 Maxima

2017 Nissan Maxima

#8 Most Popular Sedan
2017 Nissan Maxima

Have You Driven the 2017 Nissan Maxima?

Second thoughts about purchase.

by Ratatat from Kansas City Missouri on Tue Mar 13 2018

Car looks great, but for money I could have got something better. For the money I paid for a used car I could have gotten a brand new car that I would have appreciated more.

Does not recommend this car!!

Extremely sporty 4door

by Tammy from Seminole Florida on Wed May 31 2017

I'm in love with this car !! I've only owned two door sport cars and SUVs but never a 4 door . I'm so impressed with every part of it inside and out . It's very comfortable with lots of room in the front and back . The outside is very sporty especially with the midnight edition .

Most reliable car Ive owned

by Nheber76 from on Mon May 22 2017

Spacious smoothing driving good abs system like the key starter. Interior is comfortable and reclining seats.

Best sport cruser car

by Sports car dreamer from Laredo Texas on Sat Jul 15 2017

This car is complete.....the car has great torque when you need to move quickly for example arriving at an intersection I drove the car :to Autin Texas and it runs very smooth. I recommend this vehicle to all the people that are looking for a car combined of luxrery. And sporty package this is it. And the people at nissan all sales team and the general manager makes your buying experiance..one of a kind.

Best car!

by Spillane81 from Woodbridge on Sat Jan 13 2018

This is the best car that money can buy for this tax bracket. You would have to get a high end 5 series BMW to out perform this car and this car would be almost have the price. Great vehicle!!!!

Nice Car. Way better than the model from before

by Ldg028 from Miami, Fl on Mon Jun 19 2017

Car met all my needs and plenty of space. Rides comfortable and seats feels like they hug you. Over all I am happy with the purchase

Love the smoothness and handling of this car.

by Odella B from Savannah, Ga on Fri Dec 08 2017

This car supports my need in a vehicle. It has leg room seating is comfortable and it have enough room for me and my family.

Get outta my way!

by Silver Bullet from Atlanta, GA on Fri Jun 09 2017

The Maxima , just by its looks alone, sends a message. Looks are NOT deceiving in this case as the Maxima will get up and walk over the staid econoboxes and wannabe sports cars. When you combine looks, power, handling and price, nothing touches the Max.

I love love love it!!!

by Cool soccer mom from Islip Terrace, NY on Mon May 15 2017

Before my 2017 Maxima, I had a 2015 Altima which I loved as well. When I was beginning to look for my next car (the Altima was a lease) I looked at the 2017 Maxima. I instantly fell in love with this car! It's so stylish both in and out. The exterior is amazing with all of the body lines and I love the front grille! The cabin is very comfortable and I like the raised center console which makes you feel like you're in your own space but it's not too restricting. I love how the Maxima comes standard with navi and remote start. The infotainment center has so many cool features on it..gas pricing, weather information including radar and traffic info. Even though I really liked the cloth interior of the S, I opted for the SV and I love the leather interior. The get up and go on it is pretty good..I'm still in the break in period so I haven't gone over 4000 rpm as they suggest but for me it still gets up and goes very well. I'm a soccer mom so I'm always running from here to there lugging the kids around so I need a car to get from one place to another quickly and it definitely doesn't disappoint!

Car fan

by Sport fan car from Clovis on Fri Jun 23 2017

Great performance especially how it drives and at the same type exterior and interior is amazing I will recomended

Our Take on the 2017 Nissan Maxima

The verdict:

The redesigned 2016 Nissan Maxima is a powerful, good-handling sedan that stays true to the nameplate's performance-oriented heritage and features an upscale interior that befits its price.

"Maxima" is Nissan's longest continually-in-use nameplate, and the eighth-generation car is a boldly styled sedan that draws heavily from the Nissan Sport Sedan Concept.

Versus the competition:

Ever since the Nissan Altima grew into a midsize family sedan in the early 2000s, the Maxima hasn't fit neatly into a segment. Nissan says the 2016 Maxima is designed to compete with larger, traditional full-size sedans like the Chevrolet Impala and Toyota Avalon, as well as appeal to buyers looking to move up to a luxury car, like the Acura TLX. To see these cars' specs compared with the Maxima's, click here.

Editor’s note: This review was written in June 2015 about the 2016 Nissan Maxima, but little of substance has changed with this year’s model. To see what’s new for 2017, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years here.

The 2016 Maxima is offered in five trim levels — S, SV, SL, SR and Platinum — that determine the level of equipment; accessories are available, but there are no option packages. We drove an SL, which is priced at $37,715, and the $38,495 SR. That one is the most performance-focused model, with unique suspension bushings, springs, shocks, front stabilizer bar and chassis bracing, in addition to 19-inch alloy wheels with stickier Goodyear... Read More