2017 Maxima

2017 Nissan Maxima

#8 Most Popular Sedan
2017 Nissan Maxima

Have You Driven the 2017 Nissan Maxima?

I love love love it!!!

by Cool soccer mom from Islip Terrace, NY on Mon May 15 2017

Before my 2017 Maxima, I had a 2015 Altima which I loved as well. When I was beginning to look for my next car (the Altima was a lease) I looked at the 2017 Maxima. I instantly fell in love with this car! It's so stylish both in and out. The exterior is amazing with all of the body lines and I love the front grille! The cabin is very comfortable and I like the raised center console which makes you feel like you're in your own space but it's not too restricting. I love how the Maxima comes standard with navi and remote start. The infotainment center has so many cool features on it..gas pricing, weather information including radar and traffic info. Even though I really liked the cloth interior of the S, I opted for the SV and I love the leather interior. The get up and go on it is pretty good..I'm still in the break in period so I haven't gone over 4000 rpm as they suggest but for me it still gets up and goes very well. I'm a soccer mom so I'm always running from here to there lugging the kids around so I need a car to get from one place to another quickly and it definitely doesn't disappoint!

Great car to own if you dont have a family

by sinshinezb1990 from Madison, WI on Fri Sep 22 2017

This new version of Maxima since 2016 is absolutely phenomenal. The exterior design is fashion and stylish, which is a good fit for you if you are young or you think you are young. The interior, on the other hand, makes you feel you are on a lexus or infiniti or even better than that. I've done a few of test drives on it. I wish I can buy it now, but my Jetta is working just fine. Maybe in the future I will buy it. When I test drive it, I found that Nissan is not very wise in terms of creating space. It feels like a compact or midsize car inside. Cargo space? Not even close to my Jetta. However, I found some of the cool features and soft touching of the inside of the car really attractive. Really a shock to see a 360 camera and that you can actually see the front by hitting the 'camera button. Even though as a sports car, the drive has a bad view of the front, with such features it is not hard to move the maxima into and out of any garage. Overall, Maxima is a great four door sports sedan based on its price.

Nissans'aret the best.

by jasonne1 from baltimore, Md on Sun Jan 21 2018

The body style is awesome. I love the color. This car reminds me of batman's car. The color is pearl blue the car shines like a brand new penny. I get compliments on this car every where I go.

Best, most fun to drive car I’ve ever owned!!

by MichaelaO from Dover, PA on Tue Oct 10 2017

This car is awesome! When you sit in it you immediately notice how comfortable the seats are. I love the way the interior feels like it wraps around me. The comfort, technology and power of this car are unlike anything I have ever driven. This car is fun to drive!!

Great for small family!

by RobertoM from Lakeland, Florida on Tue Apr 24 2018

Awesome seats, very user friendly touchscreen interface, best performance in a full size sedan in a very long time. Also, the exterior look is perfect sporty and not too "grandma looking". Overall a definite win for this model highly recommended.

Best sport cruser car

by Sports car dreamer from Laredo Texas on Sat Jul 15 2017

This car is complete.....the car has great torque when you need to move quickly for example arriving at an intersection I drove the car :to Autin Texas and it runs very smooth. I recommend this vehicle to all the people that are looking for a car combined of luxrery. And sporty package this is it. And the people at nissan all sales team and the general manager makes your buying experiance..one of a kind.

Could be better

by Tre on Tue Apr 17 2018

I've always wanted a Nissan Maxima and now that I have one, it's one issue after another. The car overall is great but the small issues I'm having are starting to frustrate me!

What More Could One Ask For!!

by Happy Riding on Sat Nov 18 2017

Nissan has truly outdone themselves. Style, luxury and the feel of a sports car all in one. It embodies the qualities of stylish and fast-paced corporate America. I love my new car and I feel like I'm wrapped in luxury and am safe while looking good. It feels like I'm riding on air even at the shortest distances! What More can I say.

wasn't looking, bought anyway

by Tberrier from Knoxville, Tn on Fri Jun 01 2018

I had my 2010 Altima in for schedule service and fell in love with this Maxima, Platinum edition. Traded the Altima and bought the 2017 Maxima that weekend. It was the last 2017 they had, and I got a great deal. Beautiful car

Nissan Maxima 2017

by Anabella Aguilar from Vislaia ca on Tue Dec 19 2017

I love my new Car.. we already took it to Disneyland with no problem my kids love it as well. Is my first time buying a new car and I’m so thankful for Selma Nissan for all there help and good customer services. Roberto Perez did amazing as well.

Our Take on the 2017 Nissan Maxima

The verdict:

The redesigned 2016 Nissan Maxima is a powerful, good-handling sedan that stays true to the nameplate's performance-oriented heritage and features an upscale interior that befits its price.

"Maxima" is Nissan's longest continually-in-use nameplate, and the eighth-generation car is a boldly styled sedan that draws heavily from the Nissan Sport Sedan Concept.

Versus the competition:

Ever since the Nissan Altima grew into a midsize family sedan in the early 2000s, the Maxima hasn't fit neatly into a segment. Nissan says the 2016 Maxima is designed to compete with larger, traditional full-size sedans like the Chevrolet Impala and Toyota Avalon, as well as appeal to buyers looking to move up to a luxury car, like the Acura TLX. To see these cars' specs compared with the Maxima's, click here.

Editor’s note: This review was written in June 2015 about the 2016 Nissan Maxima, but little of substance has changed with this year’s model. To see what’s new for 2017, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years here.

The 2016 Maxima is offered in five trim levels — S, SV, SL, SR and Platinum — that determine the level of equipment; accessories are available, but there are no option packages. We drove an SL, which is priced at $37,715, and the $38,495 SR. That one is the most performance-focused model, with unique suspension bushings, springs, shocks, front stabilizer bar and chassis bracing, in addition to 19-inch alloy wheels with stickier Goodyear... Read More