2017 Maxima

2017 Nissan Maxima

#8 Most Popular Sedan
2017 Nissan Maxima

Have You Driven the 2017 Nissan Maxima?

A good car

by Bad Dog from Mililani on Sun Oct 08 2017

This is one of the top five cars that I am considering.. I owned one previously and liked it. I like this Nissan product. This maybe my last vehicle that I will buy due to my age. I want something that is dependable and will last a few years..

Does not recommend this car!!

Best, most fun to drive car I’ve ever owned!!

by MichaelaO from Dover, PA on Tue Oct 10 2017

This car is awesome! When you sit in it you immediately notice how comfortable the seats are. I love the way the interior feels like it wraps around me. The comfort, technology and power of this car are unlike anything I have ever driven. This car is fun to drive!!

Ms Jackson

by Bee from North Carolina on Sat Sep 30 2017

I love this car it would be a nice upgrade he smoothness was amazing can’t wait to drive one again black is my favorite but the blue was like magic wow

Great car to own if you dont have a family

by sinshinezb1990 from Madison, WI on Fri Sep 22 2017

This new version of Maxima since 2016 is absolutely phenomenal. The exterior design is fashion and stylish, which is a good fit for you if you are young or you think you are young. The interior, on the other hand, makes you feel you are on a lexus or infiniti or even better than that. I've done a few of test drives on it. I wish I can buy it now, but my Jetta is working just fine. Maybe in the future I will buy it. When I test drive it, I found that Nissan is not very wise in terms of creating space. It feels like a compact or midsize car inside. Cargo space? Not even close to my Jetta. However, I found some of the cool features and soft touching of the inside of the car really attractive. Really a shock to see a 360 camera and that you can actually see the front by hitting the 'camera button. Even though as a sports car, the drive has a bad view of the front, with such features it is not hard to move the maxima into and out of any garage. Overall, Maxima is a great four door sports sedan based on its price.

Most reliable car I’ve owned

by Softball0885 from Yorkville, NY on Sun May 13 2018

Meets all needs. Extremely comfortable. Plenty of room for family of 5. Has incredible power and is super reliable! Love the apple car play. Great design! Love the sport mode!!!

Having fun with this one!

by New Nissan Owner from Fort Worth, TX on Tue Feb 06 2018

I am having a ton of fun with this car. I just purchased it 3 weeks ago. It seems to be a great car. I love how it handles, and the zero gravity seats are SO comfortable! It has a lot of zip and is getting great gas mileage! Very happy with the car...

Reliable, smooth, fast, & comfy

by Tx2La on Fri Feb 09 2018

I went from a Chrysler 200 to this lovely Nissan Maxima! It is everything I want and need in a car. It’s roomy, has an awesome get up, and it’s still good on gas. Averaging 30.2!

Well balanced and reasonably priced

by Darkhorse 160 from Rochester, NY on Wed Jul 19 2017

The Maxima is a very, very nice vehicle. In my searches for a new car, I found some interesting vehicles; some with performance, some with comfort and some with style. In the Maxima, I found the best combination of all the criteria I was looking for. Fresh and different (in a good way) styling; the interior is plush and good looking. Seating is very comfortable with everything at your fingertips.Like sitting in a cockpit. Just felt right. Performance? How does 300 HP sound? Throw in the incentives and dealer pricing and its a winner!

Nissan Maxima

by Tracy S from Florence, Colorado on Thu Jan 25 2018

Great car. Fun to drive. Lots of power. Great on gas mileage. Interior is awesome very comfortable. Exterior is very stylish. Great on corners.

I LOVE THIS CAR!!!

by Dreasmom from Wheatley Heights, NY on Tue Feb 06 2018

This is my 2nd maxima. I truly love this car. It makes me feel safe. The new 2017 maxima is amazing.

Our Take on the 2017 Nissan Maxima

The verdict:

The redesigned 2016 Nissan Maxima is a powerful, good-handling sedan that stays true to the nameplate's performance-oriented heritage and features an upscale interior that befits its price.

"Maxima" is Nissan's longest continually-in-use nameplate, and the eighth-generation car is a boldly styled sedan that draws heavily from the Nissan Sport Sedan Concept.

Versus the competition:

Ever since the Nissan Altima grew into a midsize family sedan in the early 2000s, the Maxima hasn't fit neatly into a segment. Nissan says the 2016 Maxima is designed to compete with larger, traditional full-size sedans like the Chevrolet Impala and Toyota Avalon, as well as appeal to buyers looking to move up to a luxury car, like the Acura TLX. To see these cars' specs compared with the Maxima's, click here.

Editor’s note: This review was written in June 2015 about the 2016 Nissan Maxima, but little of substance has changed with this year’s model. To see what’s new for 2017, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years here.

The 2016 Maxima is offered in five trim levels — S, SV, SL, SR and Platinum — that determine the level of equipment; accessories are available, but there are no option packages. We drove an SL, which is priced at $37,715, and the $38,495 SR. That one is the most performance-focused model, with unique suspension bushings, springs, shocks, front stabilizer bar and chassis bracing, in addition to 19-inch alloy wheels with stickier Goodyear... Read More