2010 Nissan Murano consumer reviews

Explore the 2010 Nissan Murano
Shop the 2010 Nissan Murano
3.7

solid choice

cvt transmission dulls off the line acceleration. however drop it into low while rolling and rocket to 80, for passing and on ramps. little switch on gearshift turns off overdrive and gives you another gear for passing. handles well, good brakes, nice interior and lux features. like the double sunroof. gas mileage not great, nissan service is fair. vehicle is quiet quick and smooth. really does give the lux suvs a run for the less money.

4.0

Almost the best car I have owned

The Nissan Murano gives a marvelous ride. It is quiet, smooth, and comfortable. The CVT (continuous variable transmission) provides an added level of smooth to the ride and a lot of power for a 6 cylinder. We average around 21 MPG in our rural setting which is better than what we made with our former vehicle; a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee with a 6 cylinder also. The downsides include: 1) Instrument panel is not user friendly and some of the controls are awkward to get to. 2) Rear visibility is limited which in not a problem when parking because of the rear camera but is a problem changing lanes. 3) The on-board navigator is, at this point, useless. The routes selected using any of the available settings are neither the shortest nor the fastest routes. We have essentially gone to MapQuest and/or taking our Garmin with us. In the name of full disclosure, I am currently working with the head of service who is going to attempt to work something out with Nissan or he will take care of it locally. I would still buy another one at this point.

4.0

reliable and comfortable

The vehicle performs very well; excelleration, brakeing, ride. The AWD feature is invaluable in our western Canadian winter climate. I enjoy the navigation system as well as the sound system. Different form severl other reviews I've read, I find the power seats very comfortable, whether in the city or on the highway.

My 1st Crossover and Love It!

After driving only trucks and SUV's since 1990, a job change in 2008 and gas at $5.00/gallon necessitated the purchase of a 4 cyl. car. Loved my Acura TSX, but missed sitting higher and AWD in the winters. Did my research and drove many vehicles, to ensure the right purchase. Narrowed my choices to the Ford Edge and the Nissan Murano. Have always admired both vehicles on the road and no need for a third row seat. The Nissan was hands down my favorite for many reasons - look, drive, ease of controls and was a better value for the $$$. Have only driven 1,000, but am extremely happy with my choice - Black SL with all options except navigation. Added the trailer tow package to allow us to haul our boat and bikes rather than using the big F150 if we choose. The only thing I miss about my Acura is the seat memory. I drive the vehicle 80% of the time, but it takes me a while to get back to my "comfy place" after my husband drives it. I think the wheels could be a little more jazzy - a little boring; also think the windows should be trimmed in chrome - a great look. All in, I love my new vehicle and hope to drive it til it's paid for :-)

Super duper suv

After I got this Car, I have many trip around northern California. Everything is excellent except the tires got flat easily.

4.3

SL with prem/lux pkg

I tested the Murano over an RX350, GLK350, MDX and a Highlander and got better comfort aside from a huge price difference. I?ve had it for 3 months breaking in the engine so can?t comment much on acceleration or highway noise although is quite peppy once it gets going. The CVT is exceptional as soon as you get used to it. No more gear change shocks! Overall, it is a fantastic vehicle with luxurious appointments in every corner.

Never assume what a standard is

We like the Murano and are happy with the SECOND one we got as we had to return the first car and pay $1200 more just to get auto headlights, an option we thought was a standard on Murano. It is a standard on much less expensive cars, including the Nissan Altima. You cannot get just auto headlights, you must have the Tech Package, which is $1200.

Nissan Murano - Luxury for Less

I am so happy with my 2010 Nissan Murano LE, it has features you only find in more expensive SUV's and is priced much lower. Fantastic car for the money, comfortable, quite ride, great handling, roomy, lots of storage and cargo space.

4.4

Impressive Showing from Nissan

Bought this car as a demo, so it was already broken in. Silver over black leather, LE trim. I'll get right to the "bad" parts. The dark interior makes the inside a black hole in some lighting situations and forces you to dust incessantly. Rear quarter visibility is compromised by styling. The radio display screen gets washed out easily in sunlight. The sunroof needs an exterior deflector because it is noisy when open over 40MPH. I keep bumping the headrest and moving it up when I get in because it tilts far forward. here is no light or click when engaging the cruise control. "Bad" is in quotations because I'm sure things that I mention won't bug everyone. Besides the above mentioned quibbles, the car has performed to my expectations. It rides just as comfortably as my old Cadillac Deville (however my wife says the seats are a little harder). It has features that we are just getting used to: memory seats, power liftgate, keyless entry/push button start, back-up camera. We both love these features. Ride height is about that of minivans, however sitting in the seats is a bit of a stretch, but not unmanageable. We also love the power return folding seats, that got a work-out after helping out our sun with a couple trips to Ikea. The ride with 20in wheels is fine. Acceleration is brisk, but not breathtaking. The noise from the engine isn't something that will get your heart racing, but it quiets down quickly, even at highway speeds. Scrubbing bugs off the windshield has proven difficult because of the height and size of the glass. Gas mileage is ok. I'm accustomed to getting high 20's on the highway, but this struggles to get 25. It also suggests mid- and high-grade fuel. I'm not going to chance long-term engine damage with regular. No mechanical faults to report and nothing has broken warranting a trip back to the dealer (a far cry from the Cadillac). Overall, I'm happy with my purchase. A few things keep it from garnering absolute praise, but not enough for me to seriously demerit the vehicle. 10000 mi, 6 mo. ownership.

Driving luxury!

When I reviewed new cars for purchase I actually did a side by side drive with the 2009 Lexus RX350 and found the Murano SL to be a more comfortable ride. I bought the mostly loaded leather SL package (no nav) and I couldn't be happier. I actually smile every time I get in the car and it's been 2 1/2 months so far. It drives like a dream, is very comfortable and the passenger seat is also very comfortable even on long drives (7+ hours). The back seats recline and have lots of leg room. Gas mileage is actually decent on long trips about 24 MPG. Around town I am getting about 18 with stop and go. I absolutely love the upgraded stereo, blue tooth, I-Pod connection and the back-up camera really helps and seems to impress everyone who see's it. It's a great car and I am thrilled I purchased it over the Acura RDX which is also great but much smaller.