2017 Titan XD

2017 Nissan Titan XD

2017 Nissan Titan XD

4.5

Have You Driven the 2017 Nissan Titan XD?

After 3 fords im happy I switched

by The big three have a new competitor in town! from Somewhere, Ohio on Sat Aug 18 2018

I’ve owned three fords and now I have the xd diesel. This truck falls in the sweet spot between a 3/4 ton and 1/2 ton. I have not had one regret since buying it. I get great fuel mileage and tow a 35 ft. Travel trailer. Only 21000 miles so far, but much more comfortable and solid than the three fords I previously owned.

A great truck!

by BPC Titan from Boston, MA on Fri Apr 06 2018

I have owned mine for about a year now. It has been a great truck. I have the 5.6 gas V8, not the diesel. It is extremely comfortable, rock solid, and very smooth to drive or ride in. I have people looking at it all the time. It is nice not driving the cookie cutter truck from one of the domestic 3. I love to hear their stories of the issues people have had with their Ford, Chevy or Ram, like the 6 month old Silverado that decided to stop shifting, leaving my friend stranded on the road. People dismiss the Titan and XD because they are not popular, but they are a true hidden gem to me. My last Titan was 9 years old purchased new, and have had no issues except normal wear and tear, that is right, absolutely nothing needed repair. I love my truck and would highly recommend the Titan or the XD to anyone. It also tows my 7,000 lb 5th wheel with no issue at all. The truck has some cool features but the trailer light check from the fob is awesome! You won’t regret buying a Titan.

2017 Nissan Titan XD SV

by Gpayne84 from Nashville, TN on Wed Jun 13 2018

After much research and comparisons of all the truck brands, the Titan XD offered the best bang for my buck. Ride is terrific, interior is top notch and so quiete. Many standard features, and the convenience package bring it up a notch with, blind spot markers and parking assists and many more.I opted for the gas engine due to the diesels having transmission issues I read in many reviews. The cab is very spacious and ride height makes it very comfortable in traffic, your almost eye level with semis. The goose neck is standard and you can tell by the planted feeling of the truck that it will handle heavy loads and never make you nervous. Firm and smooth. Nissan set the standard in a class all its own with it being a heavy half its a terrific truck. The deep discount and awesome warranties make it a great buy and I have no doubts about the dependability.

Dont rely on negative reviews

by Scout1 from Waukesha on Tue Jun 19 2018

If you look abroad on the reviews you will see that the majority of the owners are very happy As with any new design expect some issues. Engineers are not perfect. For those who wanted a 1/2 ton but not quite the 3/4 ton this truck is it. The fit and finish on the interior is excellent. It would be nice to see the center console wrapped in morning of the soft plastic rather than hard.. just to give Ram a run for it's money. The exterior is nicely designed with aggressive looking front end. The diesel does not disappoint. The transmission does shift a little harder than newer transmissions but I do not find it annoying. Maybe the future will hold an 8 or 10 speed. If your in the market for a new truck look at the Titan or Titan XD. You won't be disappointed. Great value for what you get and a 5 year 100000 bumper to bumper warranty. You can't beat that.

Uses car for Towing

Does the job with luxury and class

by RainerH from Pawleys Island, SC on Mon Apr 20 2020

So I finally retired my 2002 Duramax after 16 years of great service. What to get? As I’ve gotten older, my towing needs have been reduced as I’ve downsized my campers. Over time I went from large 5th wheels to our current 35’ drag behind which weighs just over 9,000lbs loaded. Since the wife was starting to complain about the rough ride of our 3/4 ton HD truck, I started looking at 1/2 ton since there were many configurations that should accommodate our weight. As I started to do my research, my conclusion was that a 35’ sail behind a 1/2 ton truck was not a good idea, primarily because most of these trucks have gotten lighter over the years. And simple physics will tell you that you want some weight in the truck to haul a large camper. Well that, and the very best weight distributing anti sway hitch you can afford. One truck intrigued me, though. The Nissan Titan XD had added weight, primarily by building a stouter frame and adding heavy duty brakes. Once I started looking more closely, it was also an attractive piece of machinery. Most important, my wife was happy with the ride. Although they offered a Cummings diesel, I was looking gas, primarily because this is my daily driver, and many short trips are just not what diesel is built for. Looking at reviews on YouTube, a straight comparison of this truck in gas vs. diesel proved that the gas engine was up to the task, in fact it out pulled the diesel on the Ike in Colorado. Check it out, So I went all the way out to Texas from SC to buy one, with low miles and plenty of warranty left. (Starting in 2017, it’s bumper to bumper 5 years and 100,000 miles, nice). Had a nice 1,300 mile check out ride home, and it was a very comfortable large touring vehicle. I was impressed. However, it needed a towing test. Well, we had scheduled a 4 day trip to a campground I Georgia prior to buying, so I got the chance pretty quickly. Having read all about towing with gas vs. diesel, I was frankly amazed at how well this thing handled my trailer. Sure, I knew the trailer was there, but no more so than it was behind my Duramax. We had hills on the interstate and on secondary roads, and yes, it shifted more, but I never saw anything near the red line as it downshifted. In fact, either down or up shifts ever got close to 4,000 rpm and my overall mpg was between 8 and 9 as I expected. So I was a happy camper. Still am, by the way. This is a gorgeous truck, I opted for some of the bells and whistles, but not all. Saved 500lbs on payload getting a gasser, and am saving at the pump every week. So, so far, so good, will update if that changes.

Test Drove the Others Titan Was/Is the Best So Far

by Midwest Guy from Milwaukee, WI on Sun Jun 10 2018

Best warranty. Solid built. Quiet. Good sound system. Extremely comfortable seats. Hauls a 36 foot 11,000 lb. camper effortlessly. Can't go wrong. It came loaded at price that the others can't beat. Turning radius is not great but it's a truck not a car. The RPM's even fully loaded never get close to red-lining. I think this truck could haul way more than its rated for... but obviously follow the manufactures recommendations. Gas mileage is about 18-19 hwy; 15 city. Because of the diesel turbo technology it every so often regenerates so for a short period of time, the MPG drops to about 8. But overall, I'm getting 15 city and 18-19 hwy. What other company offers 100,000 mile, 5 year warranty? The other manufacturers should be worried.

Love Nissan vehicles.

by Cowgirl trail rider from McKinney Texad on Mon Apr 30 2018

After retiring my ford I wanted to look at the Titan XD. I have been loving my Pathfindeer. So after lots of research this truck met my needs. I pull a 2 horse GN trailer with LQ. Not only is this a good looking truck but has all the luxury features of a Lexus. I travel in the mountains hauling and this truck has no problem handling what I have thrown at it. I have owned Dodge Ram, Chevy 3500, and 2500 Ford. This by far for what I need is the best truck out there. The best part it’s about 30,000 cheaper. Can’t say enough good things about Nissan cars and Trucks.

Uses car for Towing

Best truck I’ve ever owned!

by Avalosaz from Vail, az on Wed Aug 15 2018

This truck has plenty of space in the front and back seats. It also drives very smooth and has plenty of power. There is a good amount of space in the bed of the truck, and it can tow plenty as well as it has a great payload!

Throttle response is slow from ta. Love it overall

by Justin DD from Wichita falls, Texas on Fri Jan 18 2019

It's got the Cummins 5.0 which is a very reliable motor. Plenty of torque, and power after you've got a start, just coming off the line it's pretty unresponsive. It's my First diesel and I'm loving it, been looking for awhile just couldn't find what I was looking for, for the price I wanted until now. It has plenty of cool options, love the heated seats, fosgate factory system w/ woofer sounds great, led lit bed.Also has 120/240 ac plug-ins. Also like how you can adjust the headlights just by twisting a dial raises then up or down.

Wanted a Silverado, looked at Nissan. Sold!

by Mr Bill from Eagle River, WI on Fri Nov 03 2017

Love the comfort & roominess of this truck. I'll never go back to GM. Better towing capacity than GM. Better truck hands down.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7