2004 Grand Prix

2004 Pontiac Grand Prix

$987 - $6,479  MSRP Range
2004 Pontiac Grand Prix

4.3

Have You Driven the 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix?

PONTIAC DOES MEAN EXCITEMENT

by GP LOVER from UP NORTH MICHIGAN on Mon Dec 19 2011

Best car I have ever owned, great pickup, wonderful features, great feel driving it,style and sporty, great engine,good gas mileage. Can not believe GM does not make these great cars anymore, a travesty. Am going to sell soon as i just bought a low mileage GP 08, the last year the awesome car was made. Will be hard to part with but someone else will now drive an awesome car. As over 100 thous. and wanted a newer model so I can part with my GP that I love. GP are very,very dependable.

Couldn't ask for a better first car!

by Collin from Coldwater, MI on Fri Nov 07 2014

Dad drove the Pontie 5 days a week, 100 miles a day for 10 years for work. In thag time, it accumulated 260,000, it is now at 264. The body looks sharp and sporty without so much of the added price. The 200 HP pulls the 3,400 lb car at above-satisfying levels. The interior is extremely comfortable with its HUD and is unusually spacious for a mid-size. The trunk is also massive, by the way! This ol' girl has had it's PCM fettled (shift points have been moved to about 5,500 RPM), but is otherwise stock. No major repairs, with replacing the water pump being the biggest thing. The transmission does have a good amount of slips, but is in need of being flushed, and the PCM may contribute. However, the slips have been going on since 80k, and haven't gotten any worse. What an excellent car! Definitely one of the greatest vehicles ever offered by an American company.

LOVE THIS CAR!

by TwoWheelTam from Ohio on Wed Jul 13 2011

I'm not a kid but I'm not ready to give up performance for comfort and this Pontiac Grand Prix GTP delivers all of that! The seats are incredibly comfortable and the performance of a vehicle with over 100k miles and 7 years on it is TOP NOTCH! I would recommend this car to anyone!

A Young Parents Dream!

by Jerry the Racecar Driver from Moundridge, KS on Thu Jan 18 2007

The performance and fuel economy of these cars make it a great choice for young parents who don't want to be stuck driving the mini-vans. The car has alot of room for the kids and yourself, and the get up and go to throw them in the seats. I even keep up with the likes of Firebirds and Camaros. And if tour not worried about performance than be sold by the fuel economy, seating and trunk spaces. You can stuff anything in the trunk of these things. I would suggest you go find someone with the GT version and have them take you for a ride and you will see why I love the 04 Grand Prix.

awesome car for the money

by chevelle lover from IOWA on Mon Jun 04 2012

Bought this 2004 Grand Prix GTP for my daughter for a college car. It gets decent mileage(24 town-28 highway) as long as she keeps her foot out of the supercharger. Love the styling, handles very well with the 17's it has on it. My daughter loves the heads up display and the heated seats. The stereo is very good and don't even have to upgrade the speakers for her. All in all we both love the car. Been a Pontiac family since my DAD bought his first one in 1939-very sad to see them get deleted by GM.

So fun

by tturbotime from Muskogee Oklahoma on Thu Jun 20 2019

I bought a 2004 GTP a few months ago and I must say for a door 'mom' car, it has been a blast. I inherited a couple minor cooling system problems (could have had a better design) but other than that, nothing!

The best car I have ever owned

by GPGAL from Kelowna, B.C, on Sun Nov 02 2014

The car was two years old when I bought it in 2006. I have spent nothing on upkeep other than oil changes, occasional servicing and a new battery ( after the dash screen warned that the battery was getting weak). Oh well, it was 10 years old. It has both a cd and tape player which is great for me. It handles well and has enough power to pass safely on the highway. It has been very reliable. I would recommend this car to anyone. I doubt if I could have found any other car that could have performed as well.

GTP = reliable power

by Multiple Grand Prix owner from SD on Sun Mar 01 2009

These 3.8L engines are bullet proof and make good power. I currently own my 3rd Grand Prix and they all have been GREAT cars. I've had 2 GTP's and I highly recommend them. I currently have a 2004 GTP that gets 27 MPG and is a blast to drive. You frequently see these cars go over 175,000 miles and require very little to get there. A+ Car!

best car I ever have

by first pontiac from san antonio, tx on Wed Sep 05 2012

Me and my wife loved this car since the first day we bought it, the performance, fuel economy, space inside the car, everything. this car is being with us for more than 4 years, without any major problems, beside regular maintenance, and 3 set of tires

Outstanding car for the money

by GrandPrixFan from Erie, PA on Wed Aug 13 2014

I've had my '04 Grand Prix GT for 5 years now. It had around 75k miles when I bought it, and I'm now over 130k and you wouldn't even know it had so many miles on it based on how good of shape it is in. Even after 10 years and all of those miles, this car just keeps on chugging along. I've never needed any major repairs or had a major breakdown. This car is comfortable, reasonably fast/sporty, and cheap to own and maintain. On the highway, it is a quiet and comfortable cruiser. It has more than adequate acceleration to make sure you never get in trouble if you need to quickly change lanes. In the city, it handles stop and go traffic just as well as other more expensive cars. The interior is basic, but there's nothing wrong with that in this price range. I'm a taller man, and I have a decent amount of legroom and hedroom in the driver's seat. The only modification I've made to the car is to replace the stock stereo with a touchscreen Pioneer deck. Adding it gives the car a touch of modern gadgetry that it lacks (I can connect my phone via usb cable and it plays my tunes). The only thing I don't care for is the transmission. The four-speed slushbox feels sluggish at times, but this is a really minor concern. If you're looking for a cheap, reliable used car that is also comfortable, stylish and quick, then this is the car for you.

1 2 3 4 5 6

Our Take on the 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix

Pontiac Grand Prix GTP gets a boost in power, looks

For my grandfather in the early 1950s, years of work for the Boston & Maine Railroad paid off with the answer to a lingering steel dream: a gleaming green Pontiac parked in the yard between his little house on a hill and his chicken coop, just up the rise from the Sears, Roebuck outhouse.

I look through Pontiac histories now and again, trying to determine just which Pontiac it was, and to the best of my recollection I figure it was a 1950 Chieftain Deluxe Catalina Coupe. Wrapped in heavy chrome, an Indian’s head for a hood ornament, its center line was bisected by ribs of chrome that looked much like a racing stripe.

Memories... Read More