2007 Ion

2007 Saturn Ion

2007 Saturn Ion

4.3

4 out of 5 stars Interior Design

Have You Driven the 2007 Saturn Ion?

the best car i've owned ever

by family car enthusiastic from orlando fl. on Tue Oct 18 2011

saturn ion is reliable one. gas saver, running smooting,confortable interiors and nice radiosaunds,a/c never fail and you have the power when you realy need.

Great Car

by Saturns Rock from Buffalo, NY on Wed Aug 04 2010

Have had the car for over a year. Always runs great, love the features like the MP3 hookup. Great acceleration for a 4 cylinder car and of course great gas mileage. Easy steering along with great turning radius. Not overly sporty but still has a great look to it. Overall just love the car and am comforted by the fact that they have amazing reliability for years to come.

Reliable

by Chrispy from N.W. of Chicago on Mon Jan 09 2012

I don't know why Saturn was not picked up when GM divested it. I have now owned four Saturns and have enjoyed them all. This Ion is comfortable yet economical. Sporty with good pickup in trafic. I tend to drive cars into the ground with my long commute, so buying a fancy car does not make a lot of sense or cents. We picked this one up with very low milage so I should be able to get 5 or 6 years out of it.

Truly a safe and reliable drive

by Buecy11 on Tue Jun 05 2018

I bought a 2007 ion as my second car, upgrading from a 2005 of the same model. I had a few issues at the beginning and had to put a little money into it but after they were fixed it worked like a charm. Good on gas, great visibility, and I quite liked the dash in the middle instead of behind the wheel. Recently I was hit while driving it. The other vehicle took out all the way from bumper to bumper on the driver's side. If I was driving a less sturdy car I could have gotten seriously injured. I'm lucky this is the car I was in. I would highly recommend it to anyone else and feel completely comfortable using this vehicle if I had kids and wanted something safe and reliable

at 85,000 Miles...

by llm1234 from Abilene, TX on Wed Nov 19 2014

I got this car because I was still in high school. I think every high schooler wants an SUV or the world's largest truck, however, seeing as I drove an hour a day for school and work, those were definitely going to cost more money than I could hope to make (while building a reasonable savings). So, I fell in love with the sportyness, the front dashboard, the loud music, and the seating. The two backseats are comfortable and cute for carseats. The front seats seem spacious, however, lord help you if your significant other is taller than 6'4. As time went on, I stopped thinking the outside was cute compared to my friends' challangers, or the inside was big compared to my mom's Altima. It was fast enough, but not really very impressive. When I got it, it was just at 50,000 miles (believe it or not), so with a year and half, 2 wrecks, and over 30,000 miles of experience, I would say, it's super safe and reliable. If all you need is a little comfort, afforability, safety, and reliability, I would take this car with me anywhere. Sadly, there comes a time when everyone needs to splurge a little, and i'm rehoming my baby.

nice upgrade

by johnnyt from atlanta, ga on Tue Aug 07 2007

not many people would call this car an upgrade, but i purchased it as a replacement to my 2002 saturn sl2. as such this car is larger, peppier, and more comfortable. it doesn't get as good mileage as the smaller saturn, but still above 30 overall. i like the higher seat height, and the larger interior room. i also like the innovations like the battery in the trunk, the electric power steering and even the center dash. i've read other reviews that suggest the interior finish is cheap in this car. i think the build quality is good; but the seat fabric does looks more suited for an airplane cabin or a hospital waiting room. that would be my main complaint: sterile interior. that's a pretty significant complaint for most people. overall, i still recommend it; it's a great value for the money, has the factory 100,000 mile warranty, and the buying and servicing experience thus far is second to none.

Excellent car and value

by Dummo from Connecticut on Tue Jun 19 2007

This is my third Saturn and the best so far (Ion 3) It has features I would have not expected in a base model car. It accelerates like "a booger" - The tires unintentionally chirp too easily. I would recommend this over the upcoming Astra for the simple fact that it is the last of the plastic body panel Saturns. A feature that cannot be overlooked when you take time to notice how many good looking 15+ year old SL's are still rolling around town - especially here in the Northeast.

very reliable car

by average man from concord n.c. on Sat Nov 21 2009

my experience is, all i have had to do is change the engine oil and fill the gas tank. has all of the features needed if you are thinking of starting a family. this car would also be a great car for a new driver.

Money Pit

by Jammin6 from Uniontown,OH on Sat Jul 22 2017

6 months after purchase I had to replace the head gaskets, oil squirting out of engine. Dealership and manufacturer would not provide repair under warranty with only 51000 miles and 3.2 years old.

Does not recommend this car!!

It gets me where I need to go.

by Fordeeee81 from Chicago, IL on Thu Oct 05 2017

This car is my secondary vehicle, which remains parked most of the time, however when I need it it is available. It's reliable and utilitarian.