2020 Subaru Legacy consumer reviews

Explore the 2020 Legacy Subaru
Shop the 2020 Legacy Subaru
4.1

Major ride improvement over the 2018 Legacy

The Ride is far better than the 2018 Legacy, the Turbo 4cyl with 260 HP makes a big difference when merging from an on ramp to major highway. The safety equipment is amazing. Subaru somehow built in shift points to the CVT. That along with the paddle shifters help the car perform more like a standard shift. The interior is much like a luxury vehicle. Fantastic comfy Nappa leather seating is first rate.

The perfect Pacific Northwest commuter car

Trim: Premium I waited for a major software update prior to posting this review. The update was huge for ease of use and for iPhone CarPlay integration. With the update, I find this to be a very comfortable vehicle, with fuel efficiency (31.8 miles to the gallon average with 6,000 miles), a superbly laid out interior, many storage places, and great technology with the 11.6” touch screen as the hub for everything in the car. The CVT in the car definitely inhibits the thrill of driving, but by turning off the “auto stop” feature each trip, the lack of get-up-and-go is not very noticeable. Great size trunk and the all-wheel drive has held up well on wet roads and handles well (have not tested it in snow yet).

Love this car

For a base model this car has a lot of nice features that I am very happy with. Rides nice Handles nice. This is my 3rd Subaru Legacy 2011, 2017, and 2020.

I just this car

I love the size and the way it drives. I down sized from a minivan I called the granny price. I don’t miss it at all

Most Luxurious/Practical Car I've Owned

Subaru Legacy is great. This is my second one. I appreciate Subaru's sticking with designs and features that work, and not being so quick to run off to the next flashy idea. The effectiveness of the all-wheel drive cannot be over-praised. My first Legacy gave me no problems, and that is why I bought this one.

3.6

HORRIBLE MFD

I regret the purchase of this vehicle because of the MFD. This vehicle has the worst nav system i have ever seen. Even with recent updates and the dealer assuring me it works great, it doesn't. The voice command function is useless, the gps is outdated and doesn't give the best routes, too many controls are incorporated in the touchscreen, so your eyes are not on the road, and it turns off every time I start the car, which is just great when I am traveling and my phone's gps disappears (and I have to use my phone because the super expensive one in the car doesn't work). Half the time it doesn't recognize my phone. The USB ports are so awkwardly placed that normal adult hands can barely plug something in. The car is great to drive on long trips and the safety features are great. If the MFD were any good, this would be an excellent car instead of one of the 3 biggest regrets of my life.

Couldn't Ask for More

I love this car. Every trip is a joy even though the purpose may be very mundane. Driving is safer with automatic headlights; fog lane warning And more comfortable with console allowing a variety of listening choices.

Love this it

Blue color and wheels keep it from looking like an old man car. Not real powerful engine but I don’t care. GREAT safety features and fantastic speakers in Limited version. 34 mpg so far. Replaced my 2013 Prius yet car insurance cost the same. They must know something about safety and reliability.

Love my Subaru

Only had my Legacy Limited a few days, but loving it. Great features, comfortable ride, looks good and excellent safety ratings. Great vehicle for the price. Looking forward to years with this vehicle.

Could be WRX fun with a few upgrades !!!

I am age 72. Want to bring this great little car up to world standard performance ? What it lacks is a smooth 300 plus horsepower engine teamed up with a 6 speed manual transmission with an upgraded clutch system which will bring this OK boring car into the WRX performance which I have owned before. My wife wants this manual trans even more than I. There is an obvious market here so get to it.