2009 Subaru Outback

Great Car

by from Long Isalnd , N.Y. on September 14, 2017

I have a 2009 Subaru L.L. Bean Edition. Great car. Never let me down. After Super Storm Sandy I drove it up to the mirrors on a flooded street. (my home was a short distance away 30 ft.) Went in the water came out on the other side no problem.

Drove and handled nicely. Clean lines in & out.

by from Black Mountain on September 6, 2017

Nice styling and comfortable fit. With minor repairs would be in excellent condition. Holds the road well.
Not Rated Reliability

Excellent vehicle

by from Toms River nj on August 15, 2017

Overall a great car! Got it about a month ago and to date I have no complaints. Looks great inside and out, very roomy, reliable, fairly good on gas. I get anywhere from 22 to 28 mpg. Have about 120 milesroundtrip daily to and from work. No issues at all and it doesn't seem as if I'll have any. I believe I will always have atleast one Subaru in my driveway! Overall satisfied customer.

BEST FOUR CYLINDER CAR I'VE EVER OWNED. VERY QUIET

by from Las Vegas, NV on August 12, 2017

My 2009 Outback Limited Edition model is everything I need... and more. Other than a few minor oil leaks that are not uncommon on the Boxer engine - I love this car! The utility is great, with lots of interior space to throw my skies and gear into for fast trips up to the mountains. The Harmon Kardon stereo is fantastic, delivering crisp highs and lows. The low notes, i.e. bass, is enhanced by the powerful sub-woofer, located in the cargo area. I feel very secure at highway speeds and visibility is excellent. I burn premium fuel, by choice. I plan on keeping this car for the long hall and increase engine life, plus added performance and increased gas mileage are benefits to burning premium fuel. I just put four new Yokohama Tires on it and my gas mileage increased. Getting close to 25 MPG combined highway and city. I have 140,000 miles on it and feel confident in getting another 140,000 out of it. Paying for a repair/maintenance once in a while, sure beats a $500 - $600 car payment every month. Also, I prefer the sleek lines on the pre-2010 Outbacks vs. the new body style, with the exception of the Touring Model. The Touring Model Out back will be my next car.

My 5th Subaru!

by from Youngstown,OH on July 9, 2017

It is very comfortable -seats and ride. Mileage is 18 town, 40 road. Power everything. Radio has 3.5 mm device input. LOVE IT!!!

Uses car for Transportingfamily

Great Car!

by from on May 8, 2017

perfect. The car has everything I needed and it was cleaned up all nice for us. I can't wait to drive it.

Safety, comfort, reliability

by from on May 3, 2017

This car has been dealer maintained since we got it. The head gasket has been replaced and the timing chain also. The 120 mile checkup was performed at a dealership and the mileage is more than 2/3 highway.

Outback

by from Tacoma, WA on April 7, 2017

Love the reliability. You can count on the car and it is so luxurious on top of it! Great overall package.

Perfect Roadtrip Car

by from Milwaukie, Oregon on March 28, 2017

Ryan made the process easy and was very informative. This is my first car and wanted a safe car that would do well in all weather and on road trips.

OK except for the CV Joint Boots

by from on August 17, 2016

With the exception of the totally unreliable CV Joint Boots next to the transmission, this is a very good car. Having to pay $745 to have the boots replaced at 37450 miles is unacceptable. This is a design flaw caused by excessive heat damage from the exhaust system on the boots. By comparison, my 19 year old Miata with over 145000 miles has no CV Joint boot failures . My over 20 year old Mazda Protege went 119000 miles before the boots went out.

Our Expert Review: 2009 Subaru Outback