2024 Subaru Outback consumer reviews

• Exterior 4.8
Explore the 2024 Subaru Outback
Shop the 2024 Subaru Outback

2024 Touring

Excellent car, wish it came with more interior color choices. I waited to buy until the interest rates went down, very good deal. I highly recommend!

1.0

EYESIGHT SAFETY MODULE FAILURE 2023 and 2024 cars

Subaru America and dealers are aware there is a problem with the EYESIGHT safety system. 2023 and 2024 models have a new generation of camera and eyesight equipment. Manuf and dealers are aware that the system will be intermittently or in some cases completely non operational with the equipment experiencing multiple failures while driving the car. Therefore all EYESIGHT SAFETY FEATURES - car distance recognition. Lane assist et al - items advertised in the car - do not work. At 1400 miles and 6 weeks of ownership my module failed. A full and final fix was installed on my car in 12/20/23 but it did not solve the issue. NOW, SUBARU CLAIMS there is another full and final fix - allegedly - with no ETA available. Their solution is to take your money and you drive the car as is until TBD fix. Why don't they advertise this defect? What don't they warn buyers? Issue a recall? Car bought new and been back for 4 repair visits. Pursuing legal remedies as Subaru America and Dealer are playing games hoping to aggravate me to a point that I will walk away. Not cool behavior!

4.0

Negotiate for more upgrades.

I have an 3,000 miles on my new basic 2024 Outback. (My only add on was a rock chip protection.). I drove from North Utah across Wyoming to Colorado Spring & learned that my vehicle has plenty of power without a turbo. It ran true and handled efficiently at the speed limit of 80 miles per hour. I added a Cargo cover (as insisted by my lady to hide valuables from prying eyes in our parking garage). One comfort problem discovered the absence of a car charger for a passenger up front. A 2nd missed item on my basic 2024 Outback are the smaller visors (The Sun in my eyes was difficult to block.). I notice road noise which interferes with my hearing conversations from my console. I am not sure if Subaru insulates the “loaded” models better? My trip took me to Galveston where We parked in a hotel long term parking for a week long Cruise. Getting to know the car this way… the driving back thru I 45 & I 35 to Waco & Dallas had me wishing I had negotiated for a few more creature comforts than the basic model provides.

My Opinion

My first Subaru, My opinion is the 2.5 DOHC lacks the power to move this vehicle. The auto start/stop feature is slow to respond and take off thus almost causing me accidents. Today’s markets have smaller engines with a turbo that give better mileage and horsepower.

2024 Outback Good Value

the thing about buying a Subaru was that a new one was less than a used car (I was pricing out Volvo V90s). I traded in a Crosstrek so I am familiar with Subaru - and think their reliability is solid. I needed a larger cargo space and the 2024 Outback is a good size (I have an 80 lb. setter that I want to drive around and not have him slobbering on my head rest). I now have ample cargo space and not a huge car

A great car

This is without a doubt the most comfortable, smoothest-riding, easy to drive car I've owned (except maybe my first car '63 Chevy). The Premium model has quite enough "extras" like power seats, heated mirrors, interactive screen. It's too early to rate reliability, as I've only had it for a month, but based on friends' 10-year old models, I have total confidence in it.

Auto engine shutdoff is HORRIBLE

2024 Outback Wilderness. Very fun car except 2 glaring issues. The transmission is horrible. It lags when you want acceleration and it lags when you’re trying to come to a stop. The second is completely on Subaru; the auto engine stop cannot be permanently shut off. This “gas saving” feature has almost caused me multiple accidents it’s insane it’s still legal. Trying to merge into traffic? Let me shut your engine right before you’re trying to merge!

2024 Outback XT

I traded in my 2017 Outback Limited with 100K and bought the new 2024 XT. This car is so much quieter and has a great ride. Nice that everything is still in the same place. Some new additions to safety and comfort that are appreciated. Great car so far! Having the turbo engine cuts down a bit on the mileage, but it's worth it to have that extra power...

Trouble free

Perfect for me and wife. I can load up mulch in cargo area-I like the ground clearance (for Nantucket dirt roads) also easier exit with elevated seat. All three outbacks came thru perfect- no mechanical repair issues.

GREAT CAR

The 2024 Subaru OutBack Touring is a great vehicle. Everything is perfect with the exception that sound abatement could be improved..Great inmrovement over the 2022.