2010 SX4

2010 Suzuki SX4

4.1

4 out of 5 stars Comfort
4 out of 5 stars Interior Design

Have You Driven the 2010 Suzuki SX4?

Smart purchase

by sx4fan from Tulsa,ok on Sat Oct 02 2010

fantastic car. The 2010 SX4 sport (4 dr sedan) GTS, rides, handles and feels like a much more expensive vehicle. I shopped around for almost a year, the SX4 was the last vehicle I test drove, and I was sold! Comared to all its competition, the car was the smartest purchase. Its not a generic compact sedan, its unique in a good way, great styling designed in Italy, and japanese engineering for reliability, I couldnt go wrong. Its been the best car, not one issue and I get so many compliments on it. Its comfortable and the standard navigation, aero kit and 17 inch wheels are awesome, as is the 100k mile warranty.

I like it, but...

by MinnesotaSnowman from Hastings, MN on Sun Apr 17 2011

I leased this SX4 Crossover in November 2010. As of April 2011, I have a little over 3000 miles on it. I chose it because I wanted an AWD vehicle for our Minnesota winters, and everything I researched was much more expensive. I love being able to go through practically any snowfall, when my friends are spinning their tires. I like the looks of the car, the handling, the ride, and the roominess. My wife needs a wheelchair occasionally, and I can just drop the rear seats and throw her chair in the back, no problem. The only negative so far is the mileage. I only have to drive about 2 miles to work, and I very seldom drive more than 20 miles at highway speed, so I'm only getting 20 mpg. If I could get closer to 30 around town, I'd never buy/lease a different vehicle, but I guess that's the trade-off I'll have to live with for having AWD. Overall a very fun vehicle to drive.

Great Car!

by Great Sports from New Jersey on Sat Oct 30 2010

I really love the performance of this car! It is a lot better than i expected. It handles well and feels comfortable to drive. The interior is great too! I love it!

good car

by yojoe from NY on Sat Oct 23 2010

I have a 2008 with 50,000 miles on it. i have replaced the radiator and tires and always have the service done at the dealership. The only complant I have is that the car does not pick up speed well. It takes off like a turtle.

Does not recommend this car!!

Happy with it!

by Wallychicago from Chicago on Fri Dec 23 2011

I've had the car for 2 months. Everyone likes the style. I like the roomy interior, the quick steering, the cargo space with the seats down, the arm rests on both sides that let your hands rest comfortably on the steering wheel at just the right points for driving. The suspension is a little hard and you feel the bumps, but that makes for sportscar handling, and I did not buy it as a luxury car. I have the front wheel drive model, and with front wheel drive on other cars I've found that's good enough for the Chicago snows. I drive mostly in the city and I love how easy it parks in a small space!

$$ Great value for the money

by Small Car FAn from Texas from Texas on Fri Jan 31 2014

I probably drove 10-15 different cars, all similar in size and space, before I decided to buy this used 2010 Suzuki SX4. It has become my favorite car of all time. It feels reallty well put together and much more solid that anything in a similar price point. It rides SO much nicer and has decent body insulation. Toyota Corolla, Matrix, Honda Fit all seems great - until you drive them. You can't hear anything inside except road noise. Difficult to have a conversation. This is where the little Suzuki excells. It is a very competitive market, and its a shame Szuki decided to pull out of it in America. They had a real winner working.

Good Car

by Juventus Fan from Glenwood, NJ on Thu Apr 02 2015

I bought a pretty good car. The heat works, the clutch is responsive, and the radio works. However, I did have to get the dealership to address a few issues that they did not take care of upon my purchasing the vehicle. Unfortunately the dealership was not very responsive. I had to make numerous phone calls and left several messages, all of which went unanswered. I eventually had to just show up at the dealership to get the issues addressed. My previous car had better gas mileage so I really noticed the lower gas mileage, though if driven in a good manner the car does get okay gas mileage.

A great value

by A Big Fan from Houston, TX on Sun May 24 2015

I have owned my SX4 for almost 3 years - I bought it with 19K miles on it and it now has 56k. I have owned many small cars and this is, by far, my very favorite one. It rides SO much nicer and quieter than a Honda Civic, Toyota Corolla or any of the domestic small cars that I drove before I made my decision. A little research will show you that these are still made all over the world to this day (in Europe they are badged as a Fiat Sidici) and it is a real shame that Suzuki decided to leave the US market. Great little car. I have had no issues with mine, at all, and if you can find a low-mile one - buy it. I recommend this car to anyone that appreciates value and trouble free driving.

car saved my life.

by JoAnn Pitbull mix from Deposit, N.Y. on Sun Aug 06 2017

I believe tis car was built for safety, reliability, and economy. I was in a major accident encountered a guard rail going 50mp. I bounced off guard rail 10 times. My dog was sitting on te passenger side being te point of impact. We survived uninjured. I would recommend tis car to anyone but especially to people wit youngsters.

Very Reliable Gas efficient car

by dmncutcheon on Sat May 19 2018

I really love the way my suzuki handles. Also, Its a very reliable car with great gas mileage. I have no issues with it in the years I have owned it, even as the miles are starting to get rather high.

1 2

Our Take on the 2010 Suzuki SX4

Suzuki's SX4 has a sense of urban nimbleness that makes even its sportiest competitors seem hefty in comparison, but there are a lot of nagging issues weighing the car down. Some city drivers may still come away smitten, but for many others the SX4 will get lost in the compact-car shuffle.

Suzuki introduced the SX4 for the 2007 model year as an all-wheel-drive hatchback. A front-wheel-drive hatch and sedan have since been introduced — there's no all-wheel-drive sedan — and the car received some modest updates for 2010. The sedan comes as an SX4 Sedan and an SX4 Sport, with sub-trims within each. I drove a well-equipped SX4 Sport.

Plain (Petite) Jane