2007 4Runner

2007 Toyota 4Runner

2007 Toyota 4Runner

Have You Driven the 2007 Toyota 4Runner?

So far, so good

by 4-Runner Fan from Baltimore, MD on Tue Sep 04 2012

Hope to get good service from this one. This is the 3rd 4-Runner I have owned. The last one was 14 years old and had 205,000 miles on it when I finally had to give it up! 4-Runner is my vehicle of choice.

Typical Toyota - EXTREMELY RELIABLE!

by 4Runner Fan from Melville, NY on Fri Feb 15 2019

I purchased my 2007 4Runner Limited V8 about 7 years ago at 85,000 miles. Since then, I've added another 30,000 miles. In that time, I've paid for regular maintenance and two repairs - a drive axle (torn CV boot) and a fuel/oxygen sensor, for a total of $600 installed. The V8 is smooth and powerful, I've been able to tow heavy trailers with it without a problem. It's velvety smooth in shifting as well. The only problem with the V8 is that they don't make it anymore, so I can't upgrade my 4runner without going down to the weak V6. The V8 is simply SO MUCH BETTER, except for gas mileage. The sound system (JBL Synthesis) is awesome! Compares to my Infiniti's Bose system easily. I've been very very happy with this car and wish I could buy another V8 4Runner - but they don't make it anymore, so I won't be buying another 4Runner!

BEST SUV ON THE MARKET, BAR NONE

by HAPPY SUV OWNER from EUNICE,LOUISIANA on Tue Jul 10 2007

BOUGHT 2007 LIMITED 4X4 V8 4RUNNER ,LOADED,07/04/07 LOVE THE STYLING, ROOMY INTERIOR,MOONROOF,NAVIGATION,BACKUP CAMERA,PARK PILOT, V8 POWER, THIS SUV HAS PLENTY OF GET UP AND GO, AND FIT AND FINISH IS REALLY FIRST RATE.ORDERED THIS SUV FRON JAPAN--THE WAIT WAS 7 MONTHS FOR ALL THE OPTIONS EXCEPT 3RD ROW SEATS AND BACK SEAT DVD---WELL WORTH THE WAIT WOULD NOT CONSIDER ANY OTHER,SO CALLED SUV,FOR THIS IS AS GOOD AS IT GETS . GAS MILEAGE IS WHAT I EXPECTED, ABOUT 15 MPG OVERALL BUT THAT IS MINOR CONSIDERING THE THE QUALITY OF SO MUCH IN ONE SWEET PACKAGE-------- CONS--- NONE--

Has exceeded all expectations

by Jen from Las Vegas, NV on Sun Aug 19 2018

Recently purchased 2018 4Runner as a replacement, really hoping I will be as happy with this one as I have been with the '07. ZERO issues minus replacing the gas cap twice up until 170k at which time it required a couple repairs only to resume running like a clock once again for another 3 entirely trouble free years. Only reason I'm replacing it as I occasionally have to use my vehicle for work now and my wrung hard and hung up wet '07 is looking a little ragged now that it's approaching 12 years of camping, hauling, and dogs. I've always used this vehicle as a truck...it's never been babied AT ALL. Incredibly reliable vehicle, no regrets ever with this purchase. The current model is a lot more trucky and depending on one's taste, fun to drive but the 4th gen is just easy to drive and absolutely easy to live with. The 4 star rating on interior is due to the less than straightforward climate controls. Toyota tried to be a little different and shouldn't have. Otherwise a well appointed interior for the vintage, everything is where it should be and has held up flawlessly.

We owned this car from new

by BMac from Kansas City, MO on Fri Jan 11 2019

We enjoyed this 4Runner for 12 years and 130,000 miles. No major issues, just regular maintenance. We bought a 2019 4Runner based on the quality and resale value of the 2007.

2007 4 RUNNER SPORTS EDITION

by VEE from NJ on Tue Jan 29 2019

Has not given me one problem mechanical wise except for the wear and tear parts .(brakes -rotors). Well buy again in the next 5 years

All good except door locks!!

by K-man from Lafayette, La on Tue Aug 26 2014

My "real overall rating" is 3 1/2. Good vehicle except for door locks. At 40,000 miles had to change 3 of the 4 door locks (around $ 400 bucks per pop), and less than a year later, 2 of the 4 doors didn't work again. Other than the door locks, the gas tank filter went out at 43,000 miles at a cost of $ 1300. Getting ready to go car shopping and the 4 Runner will be in contention, but certainly not a lock to be purchased. Only have 67,000 miles on vehicle and just last week the passenger side auto door lock fell into the door frame.

Most Reliable SUV

by T4R from Raleigh, NC on Thu Aug 27 2015

My 4 Runner Limited 4x4 has been a perfect vehicle for me. It is the most reliable vehicle I've owned, that is why I keep buying this car and it is my 3rd 4 Runner. Reliable, Easy maintenance, Smooth, Flexible and looks good too, so there are no SUVs out there would match this. 2007 model with having 75000 miles now I tend to keep this vehicle as long as I can.

Best SUV I ever owned

by Tommy from danbuty, ct on Sat Nov 29 2014

Solid reliable truck. 4wd has selectable mode for use of awd on any surface with differential lock for off road. Rides and handles well. Have owned it for a few yars with zero repairs other than tires and brakes. Comfortable and quiet at highway speeds. Interior materials excellent quality. Good visibility. Have no complaints about this SUV.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Very impressed

by Off-roader from Albuquerque, NM on Sat Nov 24 2007

I have been looking for a great suv with comfort, reliability, class and performance. I was considering a bmw x5 4.6i which i test drove and liked very much. I also drove an 07' Tahoe LTZ which was great with every option available. As soon as a got behind the wheel of this beast I was blown away immediately by its luxury and class. It just felt like a more solid, quality built machine than any of the high end suv's i've driven. I ended up buying an 06' 4runner limited 4wd with a v8. The runner's all time 4wd and suspension is second to none! Worth every penny!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Our Take on the 2007 Toyota 4Runner

For those of us not quite ready to abandon our sport utility vehicles – the real SUVs, not those carlike crossovers – the fourth generation of Toyota’s 4Runner is among the best.

Last completely redesigned for 2003, the 4Runner is one of the original SUVs and has been the stalwart of the Toyota truck-based SUV line since it was introduced in the early 1980s.

I remember seeing one up close for the first time at a Toyota dealership in Phoenix in 1985. I briefly considered buying the 4Runner – with four-wheel drive, because it would have been a fun vehicle to use to explore the Arizona mountains and the Sonoran desert.

But at the time, the 4Runner came only with two... Read More