2007 4Runner

2007 Toyota 4Runner

2007 Toyota 4Runner

Have You Driven the 2007 Toyota 4Runner?

great car

by julian from alaska on Fri Oct 02 2009

Its one of the best cars on the market. we made our decision after test driving this in comparison with the Nissan Pathfinder, Lexus and Suburu. It got great reviews from Consumer Reports.

3rd 4 runner

by mr v from st. louis mo on Fri Feb 08 2008

Still a great truck. I would have expected a few more 12v outlets since most kids like dvd's in the back seat for road trips. I feel like the quality is not as good as my last two. Problem w/ rust on tail gate where the license plate is fastened w/ chrome strip. Over all very nice, good gas milage for an suv. I wish they could make the back cargo area deeper for 3rd row seat. Love toyotas, still have my 96 landcruiser w/ 162K

Extremely reliable and affordable SUV!

by 4RunnerFanForever from Baltimore MD on Thu Aug 23 2018

I just sold my 2007 4-Runner to purchase a larger American made SUV and I already miss my old 4-Runner! Having owned 3 different 4-Runners (1989, 1996 & 2007) I can attest to the reliability and durability of these vehicles. I've put nearly 200k miles on each one and never had to do anything other than normal maintenance. My 1996 still had the original clutch (manual trans) when I sold it with 188k miles! They are extremely safe also. My last 4-runner was t-boned by a honda civic going about 50 mph. The 4-runner had some body damage but the frame was fine. The honda was completely destroyed. My new "luxury" SUV from Detroit just doesn't compare to the design or quality of the 4-runner. Will definitely go back to the 4-Runner when my kids are grown and I don't need the extra space.

watch out for rust!!

by mgdlast from Ohio on Tue Nov 18 2008

I have owned the '07 SR5 for two years now. Had to have the back painted twice due to rust that occurs due to pinching of the Toyota Logo crome molding with the car paint. It is a factory problem says the dealer that occurs with the SR5. The car was only 6 mo.'s old when the first rust appeared. Had the dealer paint it, which lasted another 6 mo.'s. I bought a new vehicle not to have rust problems like this. Lexus and GM dealer told me the rust will never stop, Toyota dealer tells me otherwise. So far they are wrong and we will see if the third time is a charm. I think they are just trying to ride out the warranty. Beware the SR5, dealer said they have had several of these kinds of problems with it. Otherwise, the 4Runner is great! Would recommend it!

Great deal with low Miles and clean

by Right from Philadelphia, PA on Wed Jun 04 2014

I bought my 4 Runner 3 weeks ago and I have really enjoyed the comfortable ride. It's is smoother than my Outback. It's very clean and has very low miles for an '07. Moving from Atlanta to North of Mayland, I look forward to using the 4WD when needed. Very smooth ride even with potholes all over. I look forward to having this vehicle for many years to come and then passing it on to my kids.

gas eater

by 4runner owner from chicago on Thu Dec 02 2010

I have a all-time 4 wheel drive v-8 toyota 4 runner with all the bells and whistles on it! Love the interior and look of it, but it eats gas like crazy. it's because of the v-8. Otherwise the vehicle is way cool. heated seats even! handles great in all bad weather though and I feel SAFE in it. Would look at a v6 or v4 next time around.

Good old chevy

by Blue jay from South Bend Indiana on Mon Sep 23 2019

Junk bought used from Gates and nothing but junk and 15000.00 in the hole after 3 months motor locked up they said sold as is to bad

love my camry

by CamryFan from north Florida on Sun Jan 27 2008

After putting 288,000 miles on my 1991 Corolla,I was concerned that my next car wouldn't measure up.Not to worry,the 10,000 miles I have so far traveled in my 2007 Camry LE have been a simple matter of add gas-drive car.Love,love,love my Camry.

Dependable, uncomfortable on road trips

by Shorty from Arizona on Sat Oct 10 2009

I've had an '07 Limited 4Runner for nearly 3 years and have not had any mechanical problems. However, I am tall, and find the driver seat does not go back far enough, and the seat is uncomfortable after ~1hr of driving. I'll be looking for a change when my lease runs out.

First Toyota Owned

by Doug from Houston, TX on Wed Oct 04 2017

Looking for a reliable vehicle for my son. Hopefully it willl last thru his college years. Happy with the purchase so far.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Our Take on the 2007 Toyota 4Runner

For those of us not quite ready to abandon our sport utility vehicles – the real SUVs, not those carlike crossovers – the fourth generation of Toyota’s 4Runner is among the best.

Last completely redesigned for 2003, the 4Runner is one of the original SUVs and has been the stalwart of the Toyota truck-based SUV line since it was introduced in the early 1980s.

I remember seeing one up close for the first time at a Toyota dealership in Phoenix in 1985. I briefly considered buying the 4Runner – with four-wheel drive, because it would have been a fun vehicle to use to explore the Arizona mountains and the Sonoran desert.

But at the time, the 4Runner came only with two... Read More