2011 4Runner

2011 Toyota 4Runner

2011 Toyota 4Runner

Have You Driven the 2011 Toyota 4Runner?

Not as good as the old ones

by GA Girl from Bowling Green, KY on Mon Oct 24 2011

I previously owned a 2000 4Runner and ran it to about 220,000 before I decided it was time for a new one. I loved that truck and so a new one was a no brainer. Wrong! The new ones are bigger which I like but with that comes bad handling and super touchy brakes. My old one could still take off at the drop of a dime but the new one just doesn't have enough pep. Maybe because of the V6 engine on such a big vehicle. I have to say they really don't make things like they used to but overall its still a good truck just a little disappointed.

Room, ride, and reliability

by Tillyduck from Oregon Coast on Sun Jun 02 2013

We love this car. It's Toyota all the way - and has enough room to really haul a bunch of stuff and pull a boat. But it's got all the toys too - bluetooth, Nav, JBL, and our toy has 20 inch wheels. We got the tan interior, which is a two tone with black - and it's as nice as the old Lexus we traded off. You might not like the 21-22 MPG - but for it's size you can't go wrong. Ride is very good on the road (we haven't taken it off road yet), and the main reason we got this car was because I'm a five time owner of a Toyota, and you can't beat their reliability.

Rock solid outside / soft and smooth inside

by ski bum from Boston on Wed Dec 28 2011

I purchased my 2011 SR5 two months ago. After researching this car for 6 months I knew exactly what I wanted. The dealership added a must have leather / heated seat option which looks and feels like a factory option. So many standard factory features to mention. The blue tooth radio and back up mirror are also a must have. Solid performance and Toyota reliability sold me. Loved my 97 4runner. 2011 model is much more refined although a little sluggish on acceleration you are rewarded with great gas mileage for a large 4x4

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Zero Regrets

by Engr Car Freak from Pittsbugh, PA on Fri Feb 25 2011

I've always drove a sports car. Wanted the exact opposite and got exactly that with the 4Runner. It's a tank and yet it's got a ridiculous amount of power. LOVE it. The terrain select works well. The ride is smooth. The stereo kind of sucks but the bluetooth functionality is sweet. I only get 17mpg on avg and I do a LOT of highway driving.... it's still worth it though.

This car has been great and without any problems

by kgog from Buffalo on Tue Nov 06 2018

Great handling and lots of room with the third row seats. Great looks and lots of fun. Love the black. Heated seats are awesome. Great in the winter

Toyota 4runner

by Al from Cle, oh on Tue Nov 01 2011

Slightly underpowered,but still very nice for short and long trips. Very nice interior. Much more functional 3 row than prior models

Stylish yet built for a safari!

by Kerby from Overland Park, KS on Sat May 09 2020

Stylish yet built for a safari. Interior design, fit, and finish is excellent. All the modern amenities are at your fingertips. Ride is slightly firmer and view through the dash appears more truck like than previous models. However, upon test drive, that feeling quickly gives way. The 4Runner keeps you in control with responsive acceleration, steering, and braking. My three college boys and spouse all drive 4Runners. This is their favorite. The 4Runner delivers peace-of-mind and makes every ride a safe and fun experience for the whole family.

Great mix, tough and comfortable

by nothardly from Arkansas on Sat Nov 27 2010

Just got back from a trip nine hours down and nine back, one of the reasons I bought the Runner was that on previous road trips I had seen more tires on the road and making this trip frequently, I was likely to encounter one. This trip I did, almost a comlete big truck tire no way to avoid, ran right over it with no problem. I am very happy to own this vehicle, safe and comfortable on the road.

King of the Road Feel!

by SUV Lover from Denver, CO on Mon Jan 24 2011

Coming from 3 Ford Explorers and Grand Cherokee in my history, I was excited to change to a Toyota for reliability. The higher clearance and "truck feel" were immediate differences I noticed. Several times already this winter, I have used 4 wheel drive during hazardous conditions, and even did a little Donuting to see how it truly performs. Amazing is all I can say. Immediate return to control with a little gas, and only a slight annoyance to Toyota's automatic control system, which I am sure is useful for soccer moms and novice 4-wheelers who don't know what to do when they lose some rear wheel grip. The only other slight disappointment was the awkward cargo space. Even with both rear and 3rd row seats down, the space is raised because of the built-on-frame construction. Compared to a Ford Explorer, which epitomized cargo space, the 4runner is slightly cramped and feels "short" despite it's new larger 5th generation body. This is only a minor annoyance, well out-weighed by the superior off road ability, road clearance, towing ability, and surprisingly decent gas mileage for a 4,000 lb vehicle. After hating every second of my one year Grand Cherokee experience because of the "car feel." I have now returned to what I loved most about SUVs in the first place. Truck feel and power, Off road capability, and powering through snow on the way to the mountains with no fear, with room for the dogs.

decent vehicle

by Mike from Peoria, IL on Mon Feb 27 2012

I've had the 4Runner about 6 weeks and have 6,000 miles on it. Had key fob foul up, but other than that it has run well. I've got the V-6 limited version. I have it on "Eco" to improve mileage, but it doesn't really matter there is not an abundance of pick up until you floor it. I've also yet to have a tank meet the window sticker as far as mileage. It says 22 o 23 highway. Best I've gotten is 20 on a tank. I also don't drive fast usually 68 mph on highway. All that being said I love the room and that I can tow a trailer comfortably. I farm a little on the side and also love the off road capabilities. Overall it is a nice vehicle.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Our Take on the 2011 Toyota 4Runner

Editor’s note: This review was written in February 2010 about the 2010 Toyota 4Runner. Little of substance has changed with this year’s model. To see what’s new for 2011, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

The completely redesigned 2010 Toyota 4Runner reminds me why Americans fell in love with truck-based SUVs — and why we’re falling out of love with them. If you’re someone who wants a rugged, off-road-capable truck — or simply wants the rugged look — you’ll find the 4Runner a strong competitor to the likes of Nissan’s Pathfinder and the 2010 Ford Explorer. If you’re simply looking for the utility of a vehicle with... Read More