2016 4Runner

2016 Toyota 4Runner

2016 Toyota 4Runner

Have You Driven the 2016 Toyota 4Runner?

Great SUV love it

by Bennyboy from Montréal, Canada on Sun Jul 15 2018

We Love our 2016 Limited 4 runner, smooth strong great looking and most of all reliable! Would suggest Toyota to offer electric trunk lid for my wife and one more Gear on the tranny to improve fuel consumption

Great Vehicle

by G Money from on Wed Mar 15 2017

So far very happy with my Toyota 4-Runner.Drives great Quiet ride. Lots of room front and back. Price I paid was great.

Rugged and very reliable

by mud_dog from Mims, FL on Wed Jan 23 2019

Love the Toyota 4runners. A very low maintance vehicle and highly reliable. Plenty of room for a family of five. Four wheel drive capabilities is great, multi-terrain options.

Most reliable car I have ever owned

by JZ from Sartell Mn on Wed Jan 02 2019

I had a long list of requirements and the 4Rummer has meet and exceeded any and all expectations. Would definitely recommend this one to a friend

This car is a tank

by wineman from Eldersburg, MD on Sat Jan 16 2016

I purchased this 2016 4 Runner Premium in December of 2015. We have not owned it very long, but the times I have spent driving it have been great. If you're looking for a luxurious ride in an SUV, this isn't your vehicle. Because it's built on a truck chassis, you feel as if you're driving a pickup truck without the bed. It's a great feeling to sit up high when cruising in this car and you feel like you could climb a mountain. I bought this car because of its track record of being the most reliable SUV on the road. My in laws have a 1997 4 Runner that is still in great shape and has never left them stranded. They won't get rid of it because it's bullet proof reliable. The instruments, dials and buttons in the cabin are so "old school" and easy to use. I also like the looks of the long hood from the cabin. Most cars today have a sloping nose and you can't see any car in front of you. The 4 Runner is big and bulky, which gives it a substantial feeling of metal in front of you. I calculated my gas mileage by miles driven versus gallons used and came up with 18.2 MPG in mixed driving (70% highway and 30% city). I'm very happy with my purchase so far and would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a rough and tough SUV.

Most Reliable SUV I have ever owned

by Angel from Middletown, Ohio on Sun Nov 20 2016

I have owned Toyota 4Runners for the past 16 years. Over the years I have always liked the style and build of this particular vehicle. It has a smooth, quiet ride & I have a third row so there's more than enough room for all of me & my daughter's belongings. I live in a small town & work 15 minutes away from my home, I purchase gas twice a month & it costs $40-$50 to fill my tank up depending on gas prices. I've had 1 major service issue over the 16 years & the dealership has always handled them quickly at no cost to me. I love the inside of the vehicle, the touch screen & navigation system are very user friendly. I would strongly recommend this vehicle to anyone.

Exceptional, but not Perfect

by Loves Vehicles from Nashville, TN on Sat Jun 10 2017

Overall, this is an exceptional vehicle in all regards, but it does have a few imperfections that I will discuss. To begin, I will discuss the vehicle's strongest points. I believe resale value and reliability are second to none. I have owned two 2016 Toyota 4Runners. The first was a 2016 SR5 and the second was a 2016 Trail Premium. I "upgraded" the the Trail Premium because I wanted some additional features (locking rear differential, KDSS, Softex seats, no third-row seats, improved exterior). The SR5 had almost 10k miles when I traded it in. I negotiated the sale price of both vehicles to ~ 85-90% of MSRP. The depreciation was so low, that I ended up "gaining" money on my trade in, as if the vehicle had lost no value. I made the transaction almost a year ago, so I don't remember exact details, but I was impressed with how well the vehicle held value. I look up the value of my Trail Premium every few months, and the value has been consistently around $34-35,000 (MSRP ~ $41,000, and purchased for ~ $37,900). It is pleasurable to drive around in a vehicle with positive equity. In summary, the vehicle depreciates much slower than average. To see proof, compare used 2015-2017 4Runner prices to brand new 4Runner prices. The reliability of my 4Runner(s) has been exceptional as well. In the 18,000 combined miles, I have not had a single mechanical issue. Nor have I had any defects from the factory. For comparison, I had a brand new 2015 BMW 3 series that had several "small" issues in the first year. The issues were the horn would not work, rear tail light housing came loose, and the radio buttons broke. I sold that 3 series back to dealer after less than two years of ownership. I also owned a 2013 Scion FR-S (traded in for the BMW). In the first year it experienced condensation in the headlights, door open/close sensors malfunctioned, and worst of all a major engine component failed (had to wait two months for a back-ordered part to arrive from Japan). My point is that among all of the new cars I have had, only the 4Runner(s) have been free of issues as delivered from the factory. I will now briefly discuss other positives of my 4Runner. It has excellent visibility, interior build quality feels excellent, seats are comfortable, it feels solid, has ample acceleration, very functional, very easy to lay second row seats down, and extremely resistant to becoming "stuck" when using in off-road or hazardous weather conditions. In addition, interior knobs/buttons are extremely intuitive and easy to use. As far as off-road performance, the Trail Premium is much stronger than the SR5. I managed to get the SR5 stuck a few times. The lack of locking rear differential (and the running boards) contributed to it being stuck. I should have taken the running boards off I just never got around to it because I didn't want to have to store them somewhere. This vehicle does have some room for improvement as well. I am 6'1" and the headliner does feel very close to the top of my head (if I don't have the seat adjusted just right, my head does hit the ceiling). I wish they would have offered the 2016 Trail Premium without a moon roof. Gas mileage is low (but expected). If I take it very easy on the throttle I can average up to 20.5 mpg (I exclusively use non-ethanol gas). The hood of the vehicle does have some flex/vibration when traveling above 45 mph (does not make any noise, but can be a visual distraction if you think about it). It would be nice if the second row of seats could slide back and forward (only the back of the seats are adjustable). Water can drip on to front seats when opening doors if it has been raining. Front passenger seat does not have as many adjustments as driver side (typical in automotive industry though). There is a limited number of interior colors. The Entune system is out of date. The navigation system is not intuitive and graphics are poor. Overall, when comparing this vehicle t

04toyota 4runner

by Roger from Greer SC on Fri Jul 01 2016

it saved my life in a rollover I was hit on the left front side and it cause the 4runner to roll all of the air bags deployed II had to coral out the sun roof

Frank The 4Runner

by WEELY from Flower Mound, TX on Sun Jan 17 2016

We love our new 4Runner! My husband drives it on the weekends over his Lexus sedan -the car is smooth and handles great on the highway - so much space - it has exceeded my expectations. The only complaint I have is that we cannot connect the garage door to the factory installed GDO in the car. We have tried numerous times. Other than that - it's awesome!

Last SUV Standing

by Wolf2000 from on Wed Nov 16 2016

I have been looking to replace my tired Explorer for a few years now but was concerned that there are no equivalents on the market. All SUV's but the 4runner have gone unibody. I test drove the Grand Cherokee and it did have nice road manners but they have sacrificed cargo area for style as the roof and tailgate are angled inwards. 4Runner is wonderfully old-school boxy still much more cargo space than Grand Cherokee. Grand Cherokee had a deal breaking noise in the interior on rough pavement - very loud ear popping rumble, probably thanks to the unibody frame. 4Runner is body on frame and insulated from the road - very quiet. Surprisingly what clinched the 4Runner for me was that its exterior dimensions are nearly identical to the Grand Cherokee, I assumed it was much larger and wouldn't fit in my garage but it fits just fine. Oh and the tailgate window opens down into the tailgate and out of the way. Very nice to carry long items without the inconvenience and danger of bungee cording the lift-gate down like all other SUV-CUV's require.