2016 4Runner

2016 Toyota 4Runner

2016 Toyota 4Runner

Have You Driven the 2016 Toyota 4Runner?

Great Old Style SUV

by Joe from Walnutport PA on Tue Apr 03 2018

Let me start by saying this is an old school SUV built on a truck frame not one of those won a be cross overs. The 4Runner is one of the most solid SUV’s on the road and capable of getting you out of the must on or off road problems. The ride is stiff and higher then most the newer SUV’s built on car frames. The ground clearance makes it off road capable, adds to visibility on and off road but can add a bit more body sway on paved roads. The engine at 270 HP could use a little more power when compared to Chevy’s 306 HP V6 and the Transmission could use a few extra gears to help with gas economy since it only has a 5 speed instead of the 7 to 9 speed that many of the newer SUV’s have. This would especially help when towing. The electronics could use some up-dating as well so to make it easier for the driver to customize interior function like door locks, light and such. The Cloth interior seating fabric is strong and durable but could be easier to keep clean. That said this truck SUV is more like a little truck. Plenty of interior room for passages and cargo space with the modest outside dimension from parking and off road adventure compared to the Tahoe or Suburban. The rear seat does recline around 6 inches to allow rear passenger to lay back a bit and there is plenty of leg room both front and rear (Both front seats also recline) All the controls are easy to see and operate. The rear window even opens by lower in to the rear hatch. Depending on the model (Trail, Trail Premium, TDR, TDR Premium, and TDR PRO) have additional advance 4 wheel drive controls to help you get in and out of some of the more difficult off road or just bad road conditions. I would highly recommend the 4runner for those of you want a secure and reliable dally driver that will give you the ability to go off road without a worry.

Toyota - always reliable

by LongToyota from Davenport, Iowa on Tue Dec 19 2017

My wife and I’ve owned a Camry, Avalon, Toyota truck and a Sequoia. Easily a million miles of driving with no problems ever - over 20 years. When my 2004 Sequoia broke down at 271,000 miles I knew the only choice was another Toyota. I chose a 2016 4Runner SR5. Love the look and loved the price. I expect durability and Toyota has never let me down. I love the way the 4Runner looks - so unique and appealing. I have 20k miles on my 2016 with a goal of 300k. With my experience I’m sure I will get 250k miles. From a stock market perspective- I’m long Toyota vehicles.

Toyota 4 Runner

by Pat pat from Louisiana on Sat Oct 01 2016

Me and my husband both like our 4- Runner we feel this is the best vehicle we've ever owned, we test drove it and the Tacoma and decided it was the one for us

Everything I could want and need.

by BestBrewer21 from Midwest on Fri Jan 06 2017

Bought this truck the day of a huge snow storm. Didn't even have to bust it into 4wd. On the other hand the girlfriend had issues with her Subaru in the same storm. The features, the space, the comfort. It is a better jeep. And that is what I needed it for. Will never break down on you, leave you in the middle of nowhere, always starts. Have had a Toyota before besides the water pump, I never had any weird maintenance issues like with my Ford. Also I travel all over the country for beer festivals and sales calls. This beast handles it all, and uses regular gas too!

4th 4Runner I've Owned

by MarlysB from Burney, CA on Thu Jun 28 2018

I'm on my 4th 4Runner in 20 years because I love the style, reliability and because the 2nd one I owned saved my life when I was hit on the freeway and rolled 4 times.

Dissappointed

by Alien Al from Green Bay, WI on Wed Jul 20 2016

I have previously owned a 2005 4 Runner, I really liked it but the engine died at 180 k. My wife wanted another 4 runner so we bought a 2016. It has way less power and acceleration than my 2005. My 2005 was an SR5, this is an SR5 premium. It has an under performing heating cooling system, way poorer than 2005. The back has open compartment where everything falls out and is useless. The gps cannot be changed unless parked. I haven't been able to find if they even have a gas mileage calculator. The dash board is next to impossible to see if the sun is shining from the glare. We have 5000 miles on it and are thinking about getting rid of it already.

I Love Toyota

by Butch from Barstow, Ca on Tue Jun 06 2017

My 4RUNNER SR5 is fantastic, it has everything I wanted when I was looking to trade my other vehicle in. Anwar showed it when I told him I wanted 4 wheel drive and fell in Love with it Immediately and bought it. I have owned Toyota's in the past and never had problems with them.

MtnSnow

by MtnSnow from Wrighrwood, CA on Fri Feb 24 2017

Had a 2004, best ever, ever... 2016, can't get V8, V6 doesn't cut it and shows on hills and pulling. Interior design? Big downgrade. 4wheel shift (used now and then) down on the center console from dash? Window/lock controls moved from below on door to top of armrest on door? Doesn't it fair where you are? But what do I know, I'm just the consumer?

My New 4Runner

by Coco from Douglasville, GA on Sun Oct 18 2015

I enjoyed the professional customer skills displayed by Ms. Melanie Salim. She went above and beyond to accommodate me and I appreciate it! I especially liked that she made sure my paper work was in order when I arrived to make my purchase. In addition, I liked that she made herself available when I needed to communicate with her concerning my business transaction. Lastly, I enjoy the pearl blue 4Runner she located for me.

Toyota 4 runner limited

by Polly from Tucson,AZ on Sat Jan 21 2017

Worst car I have ever owned! Looks pretty and shiny but I might as well own a Honda Civic. I bought the model with the third row thinking it would fit family and friends.... wrong. This car seats 4 comfortably/normal 7 squinched/uncomfortable. The nav screen just randomly turns off for no reason. Impossible to use on a trip for direction. Have a boat. Can't tow with this car... horrible tow capacity. The turn radius is a joke. I can't even make a proper u-turn without taking the most rediculos wide turn. Thank goodness this is a lease. Can't wait to be done with this car.