2017 4Runner

2017 Toyota 4Runner

2017 Toyota 4Runner

5 out of 5 stars Reliability

Have You Driven the 2017 Toyota 4Runner?

Really Surprised

by Mac97 from Joplin, Mo on Sat Jun 24 2017

After trading in are Escalade on this 2017 Toyota 4Runner Limited we were very satisfied on the way it drove and handled. It has a lot of pick up and go when you need the extra power. The inside and outside is a looker. Like all the electronics that they Limited has. The cool and hot seats in the front are super. Lotta room to haul the grandkids and it's fun to drive. Toyota Fletcher in Joplin Missouri was very good to deal with. After using newcars.com to submit a request on the internet for this car. It was very easy and simple way of using the internet, recommend this highly.

out of 5 starsComfort

Awesome reliable and off road capable vehicle

by Mthurmond on Fri Aug 25 2017

This car meets all my needs. It has plenty of room in the front and the back, plenty of cargo room, and exterior styling is great!

4th Toyota SUV in a row

by Wil from Deland, FL on Tue Jul 04 2017

Toyota 4Runners and Sequoias are rock solid, powerful, smooth and quiet. Don't leave home without one. I haven't in over 300,000 miles and 13 years. Wouldn't change anything if I could!

Favorite car I’ve owned

by Lilyfarm from Auburn ca on Sat Feb 10 2018

The4Runner is everything I need - spacious, adventurous, small but mighty. No kids yet but this will definitely be a family car until our family outgrows - which we will get a Sequoia then!

Feel like we made a good decision in buying the 4R

by Mahayer from Mexia on Fri Jun 09 2017

I wanted a medium-sized SUV and the 4Runner was reliable, stylish, and had a good record of holding its value.

One of a kind

by Knightz from Kearny,NJ on Sun Jun 18 2017

With all new technologies this could well be the last true rugged SUV that feels like a truck that's o a bought it. Has everything you need to go off road it's reliable looks great and it's huge inside specially on the back seat.

Perfect size for our growing family!

by l.hill from Russellville on Thu Mar 29 2018

I love having an SUV with third row seating but I love the fact that it drives like a car even more! I did not want to feel like I was driving a boat so this smaller SUV was the perfect size for me.

My new favorite

by 4 runner lover from North Carolina on Thu Aug 10 2017

I LOVE my new 4 runner! I'm pretty sure it's my most favorite car I've ever owned so far! I could not be more pleased with the comfort, style and performance.

My most useful car I have ever had!

by Jonwhi from Castlegar BC on Sun Jul 09 2017

I had an Audi TT convertible. I have moved to a mountain town, where going down dusty uneven roads are the norm.My Audi, just wasn't cutting it, with the carrying soil, rocks, and other plant stuff. I went and took a test drive of a brand new 2917 Toyota 4 runner. I fell in love with it right away. Is is so dureable and a perfect car for my lifestyle at this point in my life. I like that it can be all things, for all different occasions. For example When I need it to be rugged, sporty, or gutsy, it is all there, but when I need it to be a luxury car, it steps up to the plate. I love my new car....

Dependability

by malamutemom from alton, nh on Fri May 12 2017

I traded a 2013 loaded kia sportage for the 4runner. My only two complaints are the gas mileage and the lack of electronics. The 4runner is capable, attractive and a tank. It's fun to drive. It has some advanced features but I guess when you think of a car made in Japan you would expect the top of the line. I like that it can read incoming text message. I like the home screen of the touch screen with it's 4 most dialed presets. The navigation is a bit confusing in that the navigation map is stationary north/south directions. Your vehicle (on the map) turns east, west, or drives downwards if headed south. In my old car, it always showed you driving upwards (or straight ahead based on your perception) so the turning every which way is spacially confusing to me. The vehicle has a backup camera but no sensors when you backup. Thankfully the cabin design is such that the A/B/C posts don't impede your view as much as other vehicles and you really get good all around sight lines. I'm a dog mom, so I love the way the back seats fold, creating a natural barrier keeping the dog from jumping into the front seat!

Our Take on the 2017 Toyota 4Runner

The verdict:

The 2017 Toyota 4Runner is an affordable, no-frills, off-road-capable SUV with a hint of weekend-toy fun factor.

Versus the competition:

If the 4Runner TRD Off-Road were a Jeep, its capabilities and luxuries would fall somewhere between the primitive-but-capable Jeep Wrangler and the more refined Jeep Grand Cherokee.

The 2017 Toyota 4Runner is slowly becoming one of a kind thanks to a focus on off-road capabilities and ruggedness rather than the refinement, passenger comfort and crash avoidance technologies that are prioritized in competing models. If you’d like the latter, there are a plethora of car-based SUVs out there, like the Toyota Highlander and Honda Pilot, to get the family around in leather-trimmed comfort. The 4Runner, on the other hand, has hardware better suited for weekend camping trips, mountainous exploration or, as I found, oddly good maneuvering of an urban landscape.

What makes it so capable? The Toyota 4Runner retains body-on-frame construction, a once-common chassis type that’s given... Read More