2017 4Runner

2017 Toyota 4Runner

2017 Toyota 4Runner

5 out of 5 stars Reliability

Have You Driven the 2017 Toyota 4Runner?

Most reliable car I have owned

by Littleredtoyotagirl from San Angelo, Texas on Tue May 16 2017

Absolutely in love with this car! It runs smooth, quiet, but also has that WOW factor. It's the TRD Premium package so it has the TRD stitching on the headrests and the black and red leather inside is beautiful! I get complements on it a lot! I made a perfect choice for my second new car to ever own and my husband doesn't mind driving it or being in it haha! It is very spacious front and back, has heated seats, a sunroof which I love and it does have a little lift which is perfect for my height. We live out in the country so the 4x4 will definitely be used as well. I really love that it's not the luxury edition I wanted something more sporty and you will definitely get it with this vehicle!

Do yourself a favor and drive it

by BuckyBadger from Oshkosh WI on Sun Dec 10 2017

Ok here is my honest review after owning my 2017 4Runner for the past 9 months (9,000 miles) give or take. I was a prior Land Rover owner in the past (2 LR4’s) that finally had my a** full of the constant maintenance and cost of ownership. Needed a true SUV because of outdoor activities and lifestyle. So one Saturday on a whim I took the 4Runner on a test drive— guess what? I was impressed and intrigued. After doing much research I wanted this vehicle. Great move! Not only is this vehicle more responsive it is exactly what I need. Is it perfect- nope (but no vehicle is!). Do I wish it was a bit more luxurious? At first yes but after owning this long I realize that is what differentiates this from the (yawn) others. I have enjoyed doing some mods on this to make it my own and I can honestly say I have no regrets on this purchase. Oh and also you will not find another vehicle that holds its value as well as this one does (but most people drive them forever anyways...)! Drive one and you will smile.

Really Surprised

by Mac97 from Joplin, Mo on Sat Jun 24 2017

After trading in are Escalade on this 2017 Toyota 4Runner Limited we were very satisfied on the way it drove and handled. It has a lot of pick up and go when you need the extra power. The inside and outside is a looker. Like all the electronics that they Limited has. The cool and hot seats in the front are super. Lotta room to haul the grandkids and it's fun to drive. Toyota Fletcher in Joplin Missouri was very good to deal with. After using newcars.com to submit a request on the internet for this car. It was very easy and simple way of using the internet, recommend this highly.

out of 5 starsComfort

Very reliable

by Bw hunts from SAN ANTONIO on Thu Jul 20 2017

Drives great comfortable so so gas milage should have got power rear door it feels like a real truck sturdy

2017 4runner

by cervagon from rockwall, tx on Mon Jun 12 2017

Our 2nd 4runner. Most reliable vehicle we've ever had. Lacks power, but great vehicle overall. Also our sales person was very knowledgeable about the vehicle, really appreciate when someone knows their products. Would recommend the Rockwall dealer to anyone.

Excellent vehicle. I love the way it drives.

by jkoneal from Washington on Tue Jan 30 2018

I love this vehicle. It handles wonderfully. I love the lines and the interior is extremely comfortable. I actually look forward to driving it every day.

Beautiful Ride!

by LilPomPom314 from Arkansas on Sat Jan 13 2018

This was a simply gorgeous 4RUNNER, barely 10,000 plus miles. Truly a very nice ride!! Frankly, I just wanted them all!!!! If you purchase from Cauldwell Toyota ask for Joel Tomlinson! He’s the best!!!!

Awesome reliable and off road capable vehicle

by Mthurmond on Fri Aug 25 2017

This car meets all my needs. It has plenty of room in the front and the back, plenty of cargo room, and exterior styling is great!

My most useful car I have ever had!

by Jonwhi from Castlegar BC on Sun Jul 09 2017

I had an Audi TT convertible. I have moved to a mountain town, where going down dusty uneven roads are the norm.My Audi, just wasn't cutting it, with the carrying soil, rocks, and other plant stuff. I went and took a test drive of a brand new 2917 Toyota 4 runner. I fell in love with it right away. Is is so dureable and a perfect car for my lifestyle at this point in my life. I like that it can be all things, for all different occasions. For example When I need it to be rugged, sporty, or gutsy, it is all there, but when I need it to be a luxury car, it steps up to the plate. I love my new car....

Dependable, Sporty SUV

by Lisagintexas from Weatherford, TX on Sun Dec 17 2017

This is a great mid-size SUV for a busy mom or you could beef it up for a man. Third row seating makes it even more functional. Toyota is known for being a reliable car that will last forever AND hold its value!

Our Take on the 2017 Toyota 4Runner

The verdict:

The 2017 Toyota 4Runner is an affordable, no-frills, off-road-capable SUV with a hint of weekend-toy fun factor.

Versus the competition:

If the 4Runner TRD Off-Road were a Jeep, its capabilities and luxuries would fall somewhere between the primitive-but-capable Jeep Wrangler and the more refined Jeep Grand Cherokee.

The 2017 Toyota 4Runner is slowly becoming one of a kind thanks to a focus on off-road capabilities and ruggedness rather than the refinement, passenger comfort and crash avoidance technologies that are prioritized in competing models. If you’d like the latter, there are a plethora of car-based SUVs out there, like the Toyota Highlander and Honda Pilot, to get the family around in leather-trimmed comfort. The 4Runner, on the other hand, has hardware better suited for weekend camping trips, mountainous exploration or, as I found, oddly good maneuvering of an urban landscape.

What makes it so capable? The Toyota 4Runner retains body-on-frame construction, a once-common chassis type that’s given... Read More