2018 4Runner

2018 Toyota 4Runner

2018 Toyota 4Runner

5 out of 5 stars Reliability

Have You Driven the 2018 Toyota 4Runner?

WILL NEVER OWN ANYTHING BUT A 4 RUNNER

by Dixiemama72 from North Sioux City, South Dakota on Tue Nov 21 2017

We have owned 7 toyotas, 5 of which were 4 runners. (some leased) 2 tacomas we are in love with the toyota 4 runner, its a work horse. our 2006 had 183k on it and still ran well, our 2008 had 133k at time of trade and I am almost jealous of who gets that truck now that we traded her for our 2018 just 2 days ago.

Such an easy purchase decision

by Single Dad Who Likes To Get Outdoors from San Luis Obispo, CA on Sun Nov 12 2017

Starting with comfort. I have the cloth seats and they are soft. Plenty of room in the front with just enough in the back. I did not go with third row but I imagine that would be uncomfortable. I enjoy the feel of the vehicle. Performance. The vehicle does everything I would expect, it just gets bad gas mileage. I expected at least 20 to 25 and I average just over 15 hence 4 stars. I still feel like I should give it a 3 there. I understand it is off road but my old 4 door 4wd truck gets better gas mileage. I have the TRD Off Road version and it handles everything I have taken it through with ease. I have yet to use the A-track features but soon enough I will test them out. I think they are a cool feature but not necessary. That is of course unless you off road often. (I plan on it) Exterior The exterior has caught my attention for the last couple years and was a big factor with my purchase. Just looks solid and has a lot of character in the front end. I can not wait to add on more off road modifications. Interior. Everything looks great and works well. Cup holders are in weird spots but what do you expect with a lever 4wd. Solid. The materials used are rugged and comfortable. So much space in the back storage area and I use the stock power outlet to power a mini vac for quick and easy clean up. The stereo sound is impressive and as always the interface can be annoying. One day I hope we can choose between android or apple. Rather than these random interfaces each company tries to recreate. One last thing is the steering wheel has plastic that goes all the way down to where you would put your hands. This can get slippery and I would rather have leather all the way around, not a deal breaker but not functional. Value for the money Excellent. This vehicle will hold its value and has a strong following and history people can depend on. Reliability Again excellent! Comes with Toyota Care which is free service upto 25000 or 2 years so just go in every 4 months whether you need to or not. It is a 4Runner and just mentioning the name oozes reliability. Overall it is an excellent tool and vehicle. I give it 5 stars and as long as you are ok with 15 mpg I would recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a rugged 4wd family cruiser.

Does it all well and with character

by KjTaylor from Boise, ID on Sat Feb 17 2018

Have long wanted a 4Runner. Finally got it, and couldn’t be happier. Comfortable, right amount of room, right feature set for internal tech, super 4WD functionality. Many inexpensive upgrades are available to”make it yours” through the dealer and aftermarket. Only lacking a bit of hp and to, which can be remedied by aftermarket CAI and high flow exhaust or even more by adding . . . The new available Magnuson Supercharger. Better styling than anything in its class. Love the red! Sales, accessories, service, and parts crew rock!

Fun to drive and a head turner

by Derek Miller from Thornton, Co on Sat Apr 28 2018

My 4runner has great interior space and is very comfortable to drive. Pretty good gas mileage for being an SUV. Great sound system and has Bluetooth to play your music without wires

The ULTIMATE Off-Roader

by CarEnthuiastFreak from Charlotte, NC on Sat Nov 04 2017

Just purchased a Toyo 4Runner TRD-PRO and love every minute of it. If you're not the outdoors type or need a SUV that can take on treacherous or adventurous roads, then just go with an SR5, TRD off-road or Limited...but if you want to have a little fun and need something capable, this TRD PRO is one of the best! I've driven Jeeps, Suburbans, HD trucks, etc...none are as capable and convincing as the TRD PRO. Climbing up road gravel roads at 35% incline was a breeze...never did I feel unsafe. This is especially important since I own a log cabin in the TN mountains and requires a capable 4x4. I haven't tested the vehicle in snow yet, but I'm sure it can churn through that environment no problem. Ride is incredibly smooth and surprisingly quiet on city roads, even with the rugged Terragrappler tires. This vehicle met all of my expectations and then some..it is fun to drive, has the space to haul plenty of things, and has bulletproof reliability with an engine that has been used for 10+ years in the Toyo lineup. Just remember, if you are going for the rare TRD PRO as I had...expect to pay a pretty penny for it. You won't find much of a discount on them, but then again...compared to the pricier Jeeps, Chevys, Fords, Rovers, etc..even though there isn't much discount for a TRD PRO, it serves more purpose, style, functionality and it still ends up being far cheaper than all of the above brands. Love my TRD PRO 4-RUNNER...and guess what, it is super rare to boot!

2018 4Runner Limited

by JB from Manitoba, Canada on Thu May 10 2018

We just purchased our new 4runner ltd. a month ago and we love everything about it! We love the smooth & solid ride! we are a big family so it has 3rd row seats which is very useful for us. Our first drive was crazy but pretty amazing, we drove through the WINTER STORM and that doesn't bother us (thanks to the full time 4WD), we drove it confidently & flawlessly like a pro! Gas Consumption is pretty fair as expected. We previously owned a jeep liberty and I can compare that the 4runner has a pretty good gas consumption than the jeep. Reliability and performance are one of the reasons why we purchase the 4runner. But over all, we just loved it! We love everything about it!!!

Most reliable car I have ever owned

by LisaG from Castle Rock, CO on Thu Jul 26 2018

This car was exactly what I was looking for. It is stylish, well built, and the options allowed me to personalize it to fit my personality.

2018 Limited Awesome

by Rob from Ny on Thu Oct 26 2017

Just brought it home and can't believe I took the plunge. The limited has very nice leather and quality door panels unlike the plastic stuff you are seeing these days. They are pretty expensive but you get what you pay for. As a long "car" buyer it will take some getting used to. It seems like one of the older Toyota's when they were still quality built. So far I really like it and plan to update my review as time goes on. Go for it and you will be surprised by these things.

Very well built

by Car Guy from Sherman Texas on Thu Apr 19 2018

This vehicle is built on a truck frame, one of the last Toyota built in Japan. Very good quailty control. Proven drive train.Third row seating and an excellent sound system.

Cavalry blue 4runner is sweet.

by SmokerB from Chicago on Fri Aug 10 2018

This 4runner is perfect. Smooth ride on the highway and easy offroad capability really makes this the perfect all purpose vehicle. I was able to find a cavalry blue one and im yet to see another. This truck is awesome.