2005 Camry

4.8 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

I love the Camry!

by Cam05 from Fargo, ND on May 14, 2010

I am an American car kind of person and have been since I started buying cars. However I got a cheap VERY used 95 Camry 8 years ago just casue I needed a car when my Pontiac broke down. The old camry had 185,000 miles on it, so I wasnt expecting much however it ran like a dream. That was the moment I became a Toyota customer for life. I probably put about $500 into that old car over 3 years... thats all. Hardly ever had any issues. After I graduated college I wanted a newer car that hadnt been so abused (the interior of the car was torn apart by the owner before me). I bought a 2005 Camry and it is amazing! I got it at 40,000 miles and I have put a lot of miles on and it still runs amazingly. The only thing I have had to do was to get the roaters turned (got to love living in a snowy state!!) I always recommend the toyota line to everyone I know. There cars are so much more reliable and last so much longer than American cars. Most people know buying an American car after the 100,000 mile mark is like buying a sick dog.... you will get nothing but bills and repairs until it finally dies. Toyotas on the other hand seem to be reliable even after the 175,000 mile mark! That is amazing and worth every penny!! I rated the styling at 4 stars just casue I guess there arent the most exciting looking cars, inside or out, but they are not an eye sore. The interior is spacious and 'heavy'. Not the cheap plastic dash of American cars. These cars feel like they are made of something other than cheap plastic. The only real complaint I have is that the metalic white paint rusts.... and even on the bumper... where its plastic? So I am wondering if the matalic flakes in the white paint are what is rusting. My old camry had a lot of rust too, and I know it is partly the climet I live in, but it seems like Toyotas do rust faster then all my other cars ever did. But ill take a little rust over breaking down on the road anyday!

Mr Dependable!

by DG from Louisville KY on January 9, 2012

Almost 3 years ago I was looking for a good deal on a car that had decent mileage and some good options. I found that in my 2005 Toyota Camry SE. The Camry had about 66K miles on, with power everything, sunroof, CD player and allloy wheels. It has never let me down -I've put about 32K on the car with no complaints! This 4 cylinder gets about 25 mpg in the city and 32 mpg on the highway with plenty of pep. Smooth ride, handles well on the road and plenty of legroom.

tremendous deal

by oldie but a goody from Tupelo, MS on November 2, 2010

I've had this car for two months now and love it more every day. I looked at Jaguar X Types and Volvo S60s; for a comparable amount of money I got the Camry XLE V6. It has all the same extras without the high repair costs. It may not have the same luxury reputation, but Toyota came out way ahead on recent customer satisfaction studies. Very comfortable car with easy to regulate temp controls, roomy trunk, and outstanding stereo. This car came with 80,000 miles, but leather is of such good quality that it still looks brand new. The body style might not have been just what I was looking for, but it's such a tremendous value that I don't even mind anymore! I'm in love!

best among 30 tested during my experience

by Camry fan from Maryland on October 3, 2012

i had about 30 cars (in Germany and USA). Mostly used. Finally I started to buy new cars. Having the experience witwith German, French, American, Japanese cars owing h renting them I was attentive to Camry as the best seller in USA. After beautiful Altima finally I bought my long year desired Camry in 2005. It is so high quality in all all aspects that even after 115000 miles my wife is asking to gift my Camry instead of any new car! I recommend to her to buy any new car (of course Camry is preferable) but I will drive another 150-200Kmiles hoping without problems. So Good Job, Toyota Camry!!

Excellent vehicle

by Average Consumer from reston, Virginia on February 21, 2015

Camery 2005 xle V6 - extra wide interior - rides smooth - purchased at 85,000 uin Dec. 2012 - one owner only - extended warranty obtained - normal wear and tear essentials covered - once replaced operates well with regular service - now at 132,000 want to keep this up to 200K plus - take good care of it - had I been originial owner - extended warranty. All passengers comfort - beautiful long distance drives - I just want to keep on driving -If you give me a choice now for a newer model even if FREE I would say if you can find me a 2005 xle model in excellent/good condition I would take that instead of the newer 2015 models.

05 Camry base model

by 05 Camry owner from Chicagoland, IL on April 21, 2010

Pros: Great car for the money: reliable, smooth, economical. Simply great. Cons: transmission is sluggish to when shifting from 1st to 2nd gears. Overall: base model gives you same features as LE, except for full size spare tire, power seats, and keyless entry. Oh, no sunroof either. Extermally base can be differentiated from LE by black rearview mirrors (LE, SE, and XLE have body-color mirrors). Again, it is still a CAMRY - the best bang for your buck!!!

One of the best used cars on the market

by David from South San Francisco on October 15, 2015

Three years ago I was looking for reliable used car for commute, and was considering Mazda 3, Honda Civic or Prius. Camry was quite big for me, but when I found a good deal on Craiglist and tested drove it, I loved that car. In my opinion, it has of the most comfortable suspensions, pretty quiet on freeway, handling is very decent. Even though, I dont really use rear seats much, it has very roomy rear seat and huge trunk. Reliability is legendary, I drive it for 3 years and 35.000 miles, and no single issue. Only preventive maintenance - tires, brakes, oil change, transmission fluid change etc. I spent about $1.000 only for maintenance for the 3 years, its amazingly reliable. It has some cons, like pretty slow acceleration, exterior design is not super nice, and interior door panels made from cloth (not really practical). Though, for daily commute Camry is one of the best cars available on the market. And you get a best value, if you buy 5-years old Camry for half of the new car price.

Love Toyota!

by Kline from Rochester NY on March 22, 2015

I have had my car for almost a year and have had not problems with it. It is a 2005 with 130,000 miles and running like new. Bought from a dealership. Everything about the Camry is great! Hoping to get at least 4-5 more years and another 70,000 miles on it. If all goes well I don't think I will buy another brand again.

most reliable

by lisa from la on February 20, 2012

over all 4.7, comfortable 4.7, quiet 4.9 reliable 4.9 exterior 4., interior design 4.8, value of the money 4.9, rliability 4.9

GOOD CAR

by BOBHANSON from MARLBOROUGH MA. on July 23, 2006

DRIVING THIS VEHECLE IS VERY GOOD. THE PRICE ON THIS VICHILE IS HIGH BY IS GREAT. THE GAS MILAGE IS VERY GOOD ON THE ROOD. BUY THE CAMRY,

Does not recommend this car!!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9