2005 Toyota Camry consumer reviews

Explore the 2005 Toyota Camry
Shop the 2005 Toyota Camry
4.3

Purchased with 180K miles still running great

I bought a 2005 Camry XLE with 180K miles last year and it now has 204K miles. The car is 16 years old and the paint still looks great. It has the original exhaust, and the 2.4L I-4 engine is bulletproof. It runs strong and the automatic transmission shifts well with no slipping. I got 39 mpg on my trip from Chicago to Phoenix and I averaged about 88mph the whole trip. A/C is cold. I bought this car for $3200 and it still looks and drives like a $15,000 car. I anticipate driving this car upwards of 300-350K miles before I probably buy electric in 5 years.

Going for 500K Miles!

Safe, comfortable, efficient and reliable! Best designed and built car for everyday use! Great Toyota dealership support! Regular maintenance will provide many more years of great driving!

Most reliable car

The 2005 Toyota Camry XLE V6 is very Roomy, smooth and powerful car. It is quite and comfortable driving it. It is also very reliable and dependable car.

Reliable car

Very dependable and worry free car. Perfect for starters or someone looking for worry free car. As long as you do regular maintenance, this is the car to go.

Good car

I bought this 2005 Toyota Camry in 2006 with just under 6,000 miles on it, basically a new car. It was a solid car that I drove for 14 years.

3.9

No major mechanical issues.

I purchased this car new and it has has run great for 15 years. It is very reliable and comfortable to drive daily. It is a very clean car.

Great car, the best in my experience

Just great car. Very nice design which is match even to the current models. Very comfortable and convenient for driving. Great motor and transmission. Very easy maintenance.

Most reliable car I've ever owned

This car met all of my needs. I believe it can go another 150,000 miles. It has plenty of legroom in the front and back. the 2005 series has to be one of the best Camry's Toyota has made. The ride is great and I enjoy being able to remote start my car in the winter. The added hands free bluetooth is also a plus.

The best car I have used so far

The met all my need. you feel very comfortable when driving it and it's the most reliable car I have ever used but I just have to sell because I have to get another car

3.0

Peeling clear coat

Where is the recall for the peeling clear coat for the 2005 Camry? Many Camrys have this problem not just mine! It doesn't make Toyota look good (literally).