2005 Camry

2005 Toyota Camry

2005 Toyota Camry

Have You Driven the 2005 Toyota Camry?

tremendous deal

by oldie but a goody from Tupelo, MS on Tue Nov 02 2010

I've had this car for two months now and love it more every day. I looked at Jaguar X Types and Volvo S60s; for a comparable amount of money I got the Camry XLE V6. It has all the same extras without the high repair costs. It may not have the same luxury reputation, but Toyota came out way ahead on recent customer satisfaction studies. Very comfortable car with easy to regulate temp controls, roomy trunk, and outstanding stereo. This car came with 80,000 miles, but leather is of such good quality that it still looks brand new. The body style might not have been just what I was looking for, but it's such a tremendous value that I don't even mind anymore! I'm in love!

05 Camry base model

by 05 Camry owner from Chicagoland, IL on Wed Apr 21 2010

Pros: Great car for the money: reliable, smooth, economical. Simply great. Cons: transmission is sluggish to when shifting from 1st to 2nd gears. Overall: base model gives you same features as LE, except for full size spare tire, power seats, and keyless entry. Oh, no sunroof either. Extermally base can be differentiated from LE by black rearview mirrors (LE, SE, and XLE have body-color mirrors). Again, it is still a CAMRY - the best bang for your buck!!!

best among 30 tested during my experience

by Camry fan from Maryland on Wed Oct 03 2012

i had about 30 cars (in Germany and USA). Mostly used. Finally I started to buy new cars. Having the experience witwith German, French, American, Japanese cars owing h renting them I was attentive to Camry as the best seller in USA. After beautiful Altima finally I bought my long year desired Camry in 2005. It is so high quality in all all aspects that even after 115000 miles my wife is asking to gift my Camry instead of any new car! I recommend to her to buy any new car (of course Camry is preferable) but I will drive another 150-200Kmiles hoping without problems. So Good Job, Toyota Camry!!

Amazing car

by Alecdeen from Beirut on Sat Aug 25 2018

We got this car brand new when i was 6 and i didnt really know much about cars so i thought it was the old boring "dads car". Then it was handed down to me. For a 13 year old car, it never says ouch. We've never had to send it to the garage except for routine oil and brake changes. The sound system is literally the best stock sound system ive heard. All my friends believe i have a sub-woofer system hidden somewhere. The engine is capable and strong for a 4-cylinder. I have promised my father never to sell this car and i'll be damned if i dont tell my children its story.

Excellent vehicle

by Average Consumer from reston, Virginia on Sat Feb 21 2015

Camery 2005 xle V6 - extra wide interior - rides smooth - purchased at 85,000 uin Dec. 2012 - one owner only - extended warranty obtained - normal wear and tear essentials covered - once replaced operates well with regular service - now at 132,000 want to keep this up to 200K plus - take good care of it - had I been originial owner - extended warranty. All passengers comfort - beautiful long distance drives - I just want to keep on driving -If you give me a choice now for a newer model even if FREE I would say if you can find me a 2005 xle model in excellent/good condition I would take that instead of the newer 2015 models.

very good car

by hondalover2008 from miami,fl on Sun Apr 27 2008

this car is very reliable and also has underestimated performance. the I-4 version possesses a very good boost in torque and the car is very smooth. also the car has yet to give me any issues. i've never brought it in for maintenance other then oil changes and getting alignment. this car is really something else, i am not a big toyota fan, i'm more of a honda person but this car is really starting to turn my interest into them. I can't wait to see what the Solara has in store. but overall two thumbs up for this car hands down, with its sleek performance, and comfortable interior this car is a must see.

My Best Car Yet

by Proverbs37:4 from on Fri Feb 03 2017

My 2005 Camry LE now has 190k on it. It has been the quietest, best driving, and comfottable car I've owned. It's needed no work except routine maintenance. It gets great gas mileage, has plenty of inside and trunk room. I love the added moonroof and alloy wheels as well as the lumbar support . The interior is cloth but has held up better than the leather in my previous cars. My paint is showing age due to living near salt water, outside storage and lack of frequent TLC. I plan to have it painted and keep driving it until I decide what to purchase next. I will probably buy another Camry or RAV4. I hate haggling over prices so for now I'm doing my research and enjoying my oh, so paid for, ride!

Love Toyota!

by Kline from Rochester NY on Sun Mar 22 2015

I have had my car for almost a year and have had not problems with it. It is a 2005 with 130,000 miles and running like new. Bought from a dealership. Everything about the Camry is great! Hoping to get at least 4-5 more years and another 70,000 miles on it. If all goes well I don't think I will buy another brand again.

Very reliable car

by Hey Now from Tampa, FL on Wed Jul 12 2017

I bought my car new in 2005 and drove it until July, 2017. It was the most reliable car I ever owned and would of driven it anywhere, but after 12 years of ownership I thought it was time for a change.

GOOD CAR

by BOBHANSON from MARLBOROUGH MA. on Sun Jul 23 2006

DRIVING THIS VEHECLE IS VERY GOOD. THE PRICE ON THIS VICHILE IS HIGH BY IS GREAT. THE GAS MILAGE IS VERY GOOD ON THE ROOD. BUY THE CAMRY,

Does not recommend this car!!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Our Take on the 2005 Toyota Camry

The Toyota Camry was the best-selling car in the industry for 2004.

Ditto 2003.

Ditto 2002.

In fact, Camry has been the top-selling car seven of the last eight years, the string broken only in 2001, when it finished second to the Honda Accord.

The reason for its success obviously is its reputation for reliable, dependable, quality operation, because Camry certainly isn't the industry leader when it comes to flash or dash.

Camry is the conservative leader when it comes to styling and performance. Function takes priority over fun. Owners look for the ability to get there and back—over and over again - without having to make frequent stops for repair.

With industry sales leadership so many years, perceptions... Read More