2020 Prius Prime

2020 Toyota Prius Prime

2020 Toyota Prius Prime

Have You Driven the 2020 Toyota Prius Prime?

Prius prime

by Prius fan from apopka on Sat Oct 05 2019

this Prius prime performs as advertised. This is our third Prius and the best . we rarely buy gas because most our trips are less than 25 miles. just plug it into a standard 110 v outlet and 5 hours later it will go another 25 miles. The car is super quiet and comfortable... and has the best technology of all plug ins. EV.

Once I took a test drive I knew this was it!!

by newtothisplugincar from San Diego, California on Sun May 10 2020

Bought the LE-Base Model.. for Commuting.....Currently driving 70 miles a day round trip in S. California (San Diego) and yes the cost of gas is at an all time low but we all know how volatile that market is and will likely face price spikes in near future. I know Tesla are everywhere here in California but out of my price range and not like the Prime's availability of using the hybrid engine if going on long trips. I do wish the battery had a longer distance but I'll take the 25 miles. Let me just say that this car drives so smooth and comfortable on the road....and....it has zip!! I test drove a Prius Hybrid and it was like a slug compared to the Prime. Some expert reviews have said it is sluggish but I can say getting on to the highways here or through traffic it is quick.... Tech is great with Apple Car Play of course. The Plug In is easy to use with interface. Plugs right into the outlet in garage. Some have said that will cost but looking to add solar to the home to offset price. Other selling point of car was the Federal and State rebates at $4500 and $1500 so wanted to take advantage of that (no longer available on Tesla). One concern so far is no rear windshield wiper?? Why Toyota? Also back seat doesn't have air vents?? I'll keep an eye on those 2 simple items but with transporting family from time to time might be a concern. Excited for this vehicle.

Can’t believe how much I love this car !

by HeyJude from Lantana,FL on Wed Feb 12 2020

So I’m almost 50. I’ve had the pleasure of driving a variety of really nice car - Ford Mustang, Chevy corvette, Hummer H2, BMW 328i convertible, Hyundai Elantra Anyway wanted a daily driver and so tired of premium gas guzzlers. I never really would consider the Prius in the past at the 50 something MPG but an ad caught my eye that read 133mpge - I was intrigued and had to take a look. Anyway it’s called the Prius Prime and actually gets 25 electric miles per charge (if it runs out it auto switches into gas mode) I chose the middle trim XLE with lots of great features and I was pleasantly surprised how comfortable this car is especially at the price range (way under $30k). It’s roomy, as spacious as a compact SUV, it’s super quiet and had a sport mode that actually gives it some surprising pickup. Best of all I’ve owned it for 3 weeks and only filled it up once and I drive it every day ( and it still has a full tank ). Comparable to the model 3 Tesla but cheaper and I like that it can use gas if I need to take a long road trip. Check out the Prius Prime (not the regular Prius) you may be pleasantly surprised. Looks great in supersonic red with the roof racks

It is "All THAT"

by Drbob3800 from San Diego on Wed Jul 08 2020

I have owned three Prius, non-plugin and Plug in. On my third, it is a Prius Prime LE, I am averaging 75 MPG, the last 1000 miles have been to work and back and I am averaging 116 mpg. Styling, comfort, ride and tech, it is by far the best for that combination. The dealer is fantastic.

LOVE IT!

by Kilo Charlie from chicago, il on Fri May 22 2020

really a great vehicle. seats five. getting ridiculous mileage by charging the battery from a regular outlet almost every night. up to 94 mpg so far. very comfortable seating and layout. couldn't be more pleased.

super gas saver

by cpu from nyc, ny on Wed Jun 10 2020

Powerful and quiet when using EV mode. Weak and noisy when using gas mode. Road noise, need more sound proof insulation. NYC traffic rush hours expressway driving, jam and slow... it get 35 to 40 miles per charge. NYC to boston 220 miles get above 55 to 60mpg.

Love my Plug-in

by Priusfan from Westfield In on Thu Feb 13 2020

Great car for efficiency and comfort. Easy to 'recharge' Display(s) very convenient. With speed displayed 'in front' of driver windshield. Steering wheel touch controls makes for safer adjustments.

Loved exterior design, looks futuristic.

by 2009 Prius driver, Brian from AZ from Scottsdale az on Sun Sep 29 2019

Great car, wondered how 300lb. heavier could get better mileage. Toyota factory told me bigger battery meant more hybrid use equaled more miles with less gas. Another Prius prime drive said he was getting 70+ mpg. I am convinced and will be buying a 2020 Prius prime

Great Car

by M. Scanlon from Brea, Ca on Fri Dec 06 2019

This is my third Prius and my first Prius Prime. Love the gas mileage and the extra safety features. The interior is stylish and comfortable.

Green is Great!

by GrandmaSue from Grand Rapids, MI on Tue Jul 21 2020

I love this car. I’ve had it for 6 months, and it still has the original full tank of gas. With covid 19, I only drive around town. It’s a nice comfortable and quiet ride. Plenty of zoom to merge onto freeway in the power mode. During the winter I got 22 miles from a charge. This summer I’m getting 30, with the ac on. It feels good knowing I am helping the planet. Love the music system with Bluetooth.

1 2