2013 Sienna

4.5

Have You Driven the 2013 Toyota Sienna?

Excellent Engineering

by Mozart from Chicagoland on Thu Jan 03 2013

Overall, Sienna is a well designed minivan. It's great for families with little ones or even adults. The ability to quickly and easily enter and exit are superior to even large SUV's...which I love also by the way. This Sienna is very nimble and easy to park...it has a great turning radius. The engine has good power and shifts smoothly. The smart key and push button door openings are tremendously convenient. The only negatives are that the steering is a little numb in the XLE during highway driving. I would recommend getting the SE version. The XLE isn't quite as easily to maneuver on the highways or at higher speeds....the confidence isn't there. It isn't a sedan but I think the electric power steering needs to be tighter, like in the SE. I purchased the XLE simply because there wasn't a leather option available in the SE that also included the Navigation package. Also, the drivers left foot is affected by the firewall of the left front wheel. It needs to be pushed forward out the way about 4 to 6 inches. Also, the navigation system/radio ergonomics needs to be redone...it's lazy engineering. The old simple way with at least a few dials for important functions like fan speed and radio tuning need to be put back. Simplicity and easy of operation of the navigation/etune/radio system is it's biggest weakness in my option. Otherwise, the 2013 Sienna is another example of Toyotas superior engineering...the best v-6 and transmission on the planet...lower friction, better materials and components and overall superior execution in these critical areas makes this a good buy.

OK

by Jake123 from Michigan on Thu Dec 26 2013

We had a Ford Winstar until the deer decided to run out in front of us.... So repalced with a Sienna, We liked this van much better than the Town And Countrys we were looking at. But then it snowed.... ALOT and we are having a hard time gettin up hills and going thru the snow. The traction control light just blinks and the wheels spin. The tires are in very good condition. It took 3 tries to get up a hill the other evening. Had to get a running start and don't take your foot off the gas. Our Ford never had a hard time with this hill or going thru the snow. This is a big Dislike. Living in Michigan we need something that we can transport the family in safety especially during the the Michigan winters. Other than that the van rides very nice and the seats are comfortable.

Dependable and flexible

by grandpa from Denver on Sat Jan 05 2013

Very useful car. Comfortable to drive, yet able to haul people and things easily. Dependable with a great repair record.

This car eats rear brakes

by Need to drive vans from Grand Rapids MI on Fri May 23 2014

I own a 2010 Sienna with 78K miles. I am now on my third set of rear pads and rotors. Know three other Sienna owners with the same problem , one a 2012 model. Toyota claims there is no problem. Will not buy another Sienna. Can,t afford $500.00 a year on brakes.

Does not recommend this car!!

Versatile Vehicle

by jr from Washington state on Tue Jan 28 2014

I have owned 4 previous Mini vans and three full size vans. This is the nicest one yet. I like the versatility. You can remove the middle seats and fold away the rear seat and have a roomy cargo van. If you need to move some people, just restore the rear seat and you have a five passenger vehicle. If you are close to home, the middle seats can be installed and you can accomodate eight. This van has a tight turning radius, so it is easy to manuever in parking lots and other places where it gets a bit cramped.

Just plain fantastic!

by Hot Rod Guy from Palm Springs CA. on Sun Aug 18 2013

After receiving a Dodge van as a gift we gave our 4th Nissan Maxima to our son and wife, Now with two boys they could use the van. We gifted it. Drove 8-10 diff. brands, we decided we wanted another van.The Sienna Limited is large inside and has EVERYTHING one could want and is comfy. We plan to travel and two days after the purchase we headed out on a 2500 mile trip. Mileage is 19-23 so far, lots of power and plush. No problems or complaints. Drive one you'll love it.

never sit in the very back seats EVER!

by Have Faith in Modern from washington on Wed Nov 20 2013

Love the car, very nice interior design, with one catch, the very back seats are horrible. Headrests need redesigning heated seats are a must in this car if i need a minivan will buy another. Wish it will be a hybrid though.

Great Van at a Great price

by bigkool2 from Spartanburg SC on Thu Dec 18 2014

I just picked one up. a 2013 with about 27,000 miles. Also go the Toyota Certified van with the extended warranty since most new cars have so many electronic parts that I would hate to have to replace for a high cost like power doors. I completely enjoy every bit of this van. Fun drive. Fast to go from a full stop. Very comfortable ride. Great over bumpy roads. Lots of room. and the best part is, It's not a Honda like most minivan owners we know. Good to be different.

by Porche guy stuck with a minivan! from Lake Oswego, OR on Mon Sep 12 2016

This is our 4th mini van. Previously we had 2 Dodge and one Mazda Van. We have 4 children,now 4 grandchildren. The van is great for hauling kids and all their stuff. When we have a family convoy somewhere, the van hauls the excess including bicycles. The acceleration for the van is excellent, we really like the backup camera! The power doors are great. The grandkids are old enough to belt themselves in after opening the doors. Also they won't accidently bang an adjoining car as you can with conventional car doors. We didn't get a fob opening rear hatch, or a GPS, or sideview warning. this would have added $5k to the price, not worth it to us. We replace our GPS every three years or so (Garman) and the cigarette lighter works fine to power and recharge it. The rear is very roomy with the third row of seats down. But a little too roomy for a grandson with his date! We can easily get in two sets of golf clubs along with luggage and other items. The rear also has a well, great for storing certain groceries. Car seats aren't difficult to install. Especially for me since my son-in-law installs them! Areas of air and heat are also great. Setting the temp control works really well for both air in Summer and heat in Winter. Plenty of cup holders, and hooks to hang garments. I would rather drive a Porche, but grandpa needs the room of a van.

Love this van

by denosbaby from Sourh Louisiana on Sat Jul 18 2015

I have a 2004 Sienna and I love it. I bough used in 2011 with 72,000+ miles on it and it now has 127,000+. I love the look, gas mileage is great. I can make a 5 hr trip (over 300 miles) and burn a little less than a half a tank. I love the running boards, they make it look sporty. Handles great in all weather conditions but we don't get snow here so not sure of that kind of weather. I plan on buying another Sienna when I'm ready for a new vehicle. Only thing I wish mine had is all doors power. Only my passenger back door is power. My keyless entry no longer works even though I have replaced the battery but it's probably just worn out. When I was looking for a vehicle, I really didn't want a an but I'm so glad I bought it. We are very satisfied happy customers.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Our Take on the 2013 Toyota Sienna

Toyota offers an expansive vehicle lineup that starts with the tiny Yaris and climbs to the humongous Land Cruiser. Plenty of its cars make good family-mobiles, but those looking for loads of room and features would be best served by its minivan, the Sienna.

The 2013 Toyota Sienna is roomy, comfortable and the only minivan to offer all-wheel drive, but its loud powertrain and unwieldy rear rows leave it behind its competitors.The 2013 Toyota Sienna comes in five trim levels: L, LE, SE, XLE and Limited.

Not much has changed on the minivan since it was redesigned for 2011. For 2013, it loses its available four-cylinder engine and certain trims gain some new safety and convenience features. Compare the... Read More