2006 Tacoma

2006 Toyota Tacoma

2006 Toyota Tacoma

4.5

Have You Driven the 2006 Toyota Tacoma?

Can survive a 60 mph Avalanche!

by Truck Convert from Fort Worth, TX on Mon Oct 24 2011

My 2006 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 was hit by a Chevy Avalanche driving 60 mph. My truck (along with the rest of traffic on the highway) was at a complete stop. The Avalanche driver was texting and never slowed down. The truck was pushed into the SUV in front of it and became a Tacoma sandwich. 1) I'm alive. 2) I basically walked away from the accident. 3) The truck sustained major frame damage and the bed buckled, but did not collapse. 4) The cab (access cab version) was completely intact; although the doors would no longer close. 5) Did I mention I'm alive (and very, very grateful)? The police and EMTs on the scene commented on how well the truck held up and that I would not have walked away from a lesser vehicle. One fireman actually called out Toyota specifically for it's safey. The odometer just passed 100,000 miles and the engine was just as reliable as ever. The Sport package with the cool hood scoop (for looks only), the tall, tough-looking 4x4 and the slick dark pearl blue made the truck exceptionally aesthetically pleasing. I replaced it with an identical 2008 right down to the color. I expect to drive this truck for a very long time.

I love my Toyota

by car guy from Pittsburgh on Thu Jan 21 2010

I bought my Toyota Tacoma 4X4 Double Cab used from a dealership 300 miles away. This truck replaced a domestic full size pickup I purchased new. My Tacoma has outperformed the Ford on every aspect, and to date has not disappointed at all. Dependability, consistency, comfort, and performance are all there. The Toyota Tacoma is a bullet proof truck!

I love this truck

by First Time Toyota from madison wi on Sun Apr 05 2009

I've had this 2006 Tacoma 4 door TRD Sport for almost a year. Loving every minute. The interior is very comfortable with plenty of room for 5 poeple. Not a lot of little extra features but enough for my taste. There's plenty of power when you need it. Just give it some gas and you're gone. Plenty of compliments on its looks. Even from other Tacoma owners.

Rockin n Rollin down the road

by IRONMAIDEN from on Tue Jun 23 2009

Really love my Tacoma. I still get compliments to this day. Pretty good gas milage for a truck. Only complaints are, I kept hearing klunking noise when applying brakes in reverse. Turns out there was a bulletin put out for the Toyota Service Mech. to replace rotors and pins. I had to go to two dealerships before they figured out what it was and to replace it under warranty. I also wish there was a temperature and direction gage overhead like in other autos. You would think with the package I bought they would of added that to the list of "perks". Handling is a bit stiff, but that is a truck. I don't have a problem in the snow if I am loaded down with wood. Drives good and can haul butt if needed.

Though and reliable

by Prerunner from on Fri Jan 25 2013

Ive owner this Truck for 7 years now. It has never let me down starts up with no problem and Pulls and launches my 24' sea ray with no problem. Love It. Im sold for life on my Toyota Tacoma

My Luxury Truck

by CT Boater from Connecticut on Wed May 18 2011

I love my 2006 Tacoma. It drives nice and doesn't look like a truck when you are inside. I love the sporty looking dashboard. I have 93,000 miles and haven't had any real problems. I have always used regular gas, and have had no issues (it recommends premium, but haven't needed it). I pull a boat a few times a year (20 footer). A little big for the truck, but it handles it nice. Only work I recently had done was new wheel barrings in both front tires. The dealer wanted me to get new hubs as well, but when I balked at the price they said they would do their best to save the old hubs. They did save them and said I shouldn't have any problems. Barrings (including labor which wasn't cheap) $800.00 total for both sides. I would recommend this to anyone, I love my truck. I only wish it got better MPG, I've been averaging 17 (pulling the boat 12-14).

my Tacoma

by Alvaro from Suwanee ga on Sun Dec 13 2009

Tacoma is the best truck ever! Great rear seats for adults compare to the competition out there.good towing capacity.super 4x4. It does everything a man got to do everyday. And the reability and resale value is the best compare to any other truck.

Best 4x4 I have ever owned

by Rich from California on Thu Jan 03 2008

I've had many 4x4's over the years Mercedes, Hummer H1, Toyotas, and Jeeps and I've pushed them to the limits. I have an 06 Tacoma 4x4 double cab with the TRD Off ROad Package. I've crossed through the same river with the water just over the bumoer on several occasions, no stalling, no problems. I have the same complaint as most people that the seats are too low. but other than that, it's been comfortable and reliable. It would have been nice to have a sun roof but I can live without it. I've typically been getting in the neighborhood of 19mpg. The truck has seen it's share of hauling, I've placed 16footers through the sliding glass rear window and out the tail gate. It's a great all around truck.

Love the little-big truck!

by Eval Isao Ohta from Western New York on Wed Aug 17 2011

2006 4x4 Access Cab 2.7L 5 speed. This is my 3rd Tacoma (previous 2003 and 98) and I love the larger size (except for parking). Easily hauled 1400lb (over max payload, don't try yourself). This truck has easily done everything I've asked of it with just regular maintenance; only issue I've had is a squeaky clutch pedal (same with the previous trucks, must be a Tacoma thing) and that the glove box pneumatic cylinder kept coming loose (fixed by the dealer under warranty). Brakes and corners great (for a truck) and never had any acceleration issues with the 4 cylinder (even with the larger tires I'm running now). Ive driven a 2005 with the V6/Auto and while I can't match that speed, it's not bad (and keeps me out of trouble!). Great in the snow as well (especially after replacing the stock tires). Get 19 City / 21 highway with a best tank of 23.5. I would easily recommend this truck to anyone.

Most reliable car I've owned

by TTacoma1 from Madera, CA on Sat Nov 09 2013

Just purchased a 2006 Toyota Tacoma v6 extended Cab from Sammy and Michael from Front Line Cars in Madera, CA. I have to say that I'm very satisfied with this truck. It has everything I was looking for and drives like its brand new! Very well taken care of. clean outside and inside, no dents, roomy, drives great, the engine looks good, feels great! I'm looking forward to having this truck for a very long time! Its a Toyota! The service was great! Sammy and Mike make you feel welcomed and help you as much as they can.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7