2010 Tacoma

4.4

Have You Driven the 2010 Toyota Tacoma?

by Zeke from New England on Sat Jan 30 2010

Not going to lie about my concerns over the recent recall of Toyota vehicles...... but so far this truck is great. It is not on the recall list and I have had no problems so far with anything mechanical or electrical. Preliminary dealer service visits (1,000 mile check-up, etc) have been fast, convenient to my schedule, and were free. This is a small truck that rides more like a car - though on windy days, it can be a bit bouncy. Gas economy is also better than expected. Overall, I would highly recommend this vehicle.

Toyota Tacoma Regular Bed

by Jeff from on Thu Jul 01 2010

Great little truck for basic needs. Since it's only a 4 banger, it's sometimes a little under powered, but for island driving its perfect and its fun. This is my 3rd Toyota Tacoma and I'm not disappointed at all.

Nice truck for off road

by photog from Dorothy NJ on Fri Aug 06 2010

Had a 1996 Tacoma 4x4 with 180,000 miles, framed rusted and cracked. I got a $6,200 buy back from Toyota and brought a 2010 base 4x4 manual. Runs smooth, a pleasure to drive. I get 24mpg on the hwy with no ac driving at 55mph. Sometimes shifter does not want to go in reverse, love the composite bed. Bench seat is much better than my old truck, but will soon look for more comfy bucket seats to replace it. I drive off road for work a lot, need to replace the stock tires with the 31x10.5 General AT2's. My old front tow hook bolted on no problem, but nowhere to mount a rear hook. Don't like the chintzy plastic knob to engage 4 wheel drive, would rather have manual locking hubs and a shifter for 4 wheeling. Built well, but I think the older one where built better, better looking plastic and knobs. AC works great.

great, but needs fine tuning

by No nickname from Austin, TX on Mon Dec 14 2009

I can list many positive things about this 2010 4x4 Short Bed, Double Cab small truck, and Toyota deserves praises for a job well done. However, I do have constructive criticisms. 1)A rough 1st gear. Upon coasting/ accelerating through a neighborhood turn, the transmission can't decide to downshift or upshift. It's a rough, indecisive transition. The techs at the dealership say it's a known issue, and only on the Tacomas. Hopefully, they'll debug the logic controller soon. 2) No foglight dash indicator. I can't tell if they are on, or not, unless it's very foggy. I guess that's why they're foglights, though. 3) The deck rail system is annoying. It inhibits adding typical accessories (headache rack, toolbox, bike rack etc) without having to pay a ridiculous premium or have something custom built. To date, there are minimal accessories for the deck rail. Tie downs are $50ish/pair, and I have to wrestle with fastening them within. I broke one on the 3rd day of ownership just trying to move it. If they have a deck rail system, then they should provide adequate accessories for it. I've only found tie-downs, while the trac rack (top of bed rail) system has plenty of accessory options.

Great Truck

by New Toyota Fan from Warrenton, VA on Fri Apr 09 2010

I recently purchased the Tacoma 4x4 4cyl manual transmission truck. It is a joy to drive. I will only say two negatives: 1. No temperature gague for outside temp (i'm spoiled) 2. I'm 6'2" and found the steering wheel to sit low enough to where I have to purposely squeeze my legs under it when I get in. The steering wheel is adjustable, but it is as far up as it can go. Other than those two issues, it is perfect!

does everything well

by Pawpawneil from Killen, AL on Wed Mar 23 2011

I purchased a Tacoma double cab. It has plenty of room for me at 6' 0" and 250 pounds. It easily hauls the two of us and a couple of grandkids. It is big enough, yet small enough to park easily. It is economical enough for a drive to work vehicle. It has done all I needed it to do, and done it well. To a point, it is what I hoped it would be.

Love this truck!!

by Excellent Truck!!! from DE on Sun Nov 08 2009

I traded my 99 Civic in to get the 2010 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4. While I don't truly have a need for a truck, I wanted a vehicle that is higher up off the ground (Civics are not kind to us tall people) but still had the amenities of a car. This truck has it. Smooth ride, ample power from the V6, and a slew of features. Not to mention it looks awesome!! I am truly pleased with it and would recommend it over ANY small pickup truck on the market.

Tacoma recommended

by truck guy from Woodburn, Indiana on Wed Nov 25 2009

I have taken delivery on a 2010 Toyota Tacoma, access cab ,V6, automatic .SR5. This is my second in 3 years. The Tacoma does everything well. Good looks, comfortable, many safety features and good performance. The reliability is impecable.Gas mileage as advertised. Suggestions for improvement: 1. Smaller driver side "A" pillar.(blind spot) 2. dash indicater for parking lights ( can't tell ) 3.Plastic bumper cover (unacceptable for truck)

Great Truck

by BW from Midwest on Wed Dec 28 2011

I bought my 2010 Access V6 Auto Tacoma used with only 6k on it. It looks and drives like it is brand new. I really love my truck and even bought a used set of tires to use in the winter, to save the new ones from the salt. I am 6'1" and have plenty of leg room. This truck is smaller than my old F150 but still has plenty of hauling space. I drove over 5 hours to get this truck from an out of state dealer and would do it again. BW

Nice Ride

by Fisherman from Bayville, NJ on Mon Jan 30 2012

The car is designed nice and rides well. I had three Toyota cars before so I am not surprised. Internet shopping is good. Only problem found is some dealers tell you they have car on lot and they just get you to lot and try to sell you something you don,t want. If you have the time you can find exactly what you want without driving all over the place.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7