2017 Tacoma

2017 Toyota Tacoma

#5 Most Popular Truck
2017 Toyota Tacoma

Have You Driven the 2017 Toyota Tacoma?

awsome truck

by Frankyhollywood from 98043 on Fri Mar 17 2017

nice/pleasant to drive for every day to work and weekend truck. It would be nice to have 20 more horse power/torque on engine. this is a really refine truck to drive/fuel economy excellent I average about 20 miles per gallon on mix city/freeway driving.

Mr. David McFadden

by 2nd hand trapper from Clovis, CA on Thu Apr 06 2017

As a retired, former government wildlife biologist who had to have a 4wd pickup to accomplish my duties of wildlife management for over 35 years, I have considerable knowledge about what a good 4wd vehicle is all about. Mine was not only my transportation, but also my office, lunch room, break room, and everything else common folks have in an office setting. Reliability was a must for me and my job so I could return home every day without concern about the ability of my vehicle to do so. So, after suffering a traumatic brain injury right after retiring, I asked a good friend who was also in charge of the government vehicle garage what vehicle I should purchase for my own use. Without hesitation he said "Toyota". Purchased a 1998 Camry for the wife with 43,000 miles and ran it to 198,000 and only had to replace a small valve on the motor, her now 2008 Camry with 10,000 to start and now with 110,000 and currently up for sale and only the AC condenser replaced, 2012 Tacoma purchased new and ran to 35,000 with nothing to be done, 2014 Tundra purchased new and ran to 40,000 and nothing done led me to the recent purchase of the 2017 4 door 4wd Tacoma which now has 2,000 miles and is everything I could possibly want. AND now with the new "Toyota Care" a new vehicle comes with, who could ask for anything more. They are reliable, hold their resale value and could never cause you to worry about their reliability. Toyota is my vehicle of choice for the rest of my life.

2017 Tacoma Limited

by Getch from on Tue Feb 21 2017

Great trucks... I prefer the 2nd generations ..Not as powerful as my 06 Tacoma but alot quieter and better Tech.. My wife loves it and says it's the best vehicle she's ever owned..

Love the truck

by BillT from Wilmington,NC on Thu Mar 16 2017

Most reliable truck made! Resale value is topps in it's class! I have drove every truck known off reading in some petty harsh environments and none compare to the tacoma!

A few flaws

by Jimmyjam from Des Moines Iowa on Wed Apr 05 2017

No electric seats for 40 grand??? Still a great truck. Noisey fuel injector cleaners. Sounds like valences tapping but dealer says it's normal. I do enjoy my Tacoma. Other than having to tuck my head in to get in it and I'm 5'9"

Tacoma trd sport 4x4

by Badboy from Brampton ontario on Mon May 15 2017

Its worth the money. Very reliable and comfortable to drive around.This is the car that im looking for best performance anywhere you wanted to go.

All around awesome truck!

by Tom1984 from MA on Sat May 20 2017

I've had this truck for days and I can't wait every day to drive it again! I'm 5''7" and this truck fits me perfectly. Love the color (inferno), the interior and exterior. It's has power, looks and a bed to put all my outdoor gear. no complaints. Must I say more? Five star fantastic truck.

The most favorite auto I have owned

by Auto enthusiast from Conyers, GA on Tue Jun 06 2017

About 1980 I purchased a Toyota truck. It drove and handled like a sports car plus had the practicality of a truck and was extremely well built. Therefore, I recently traded for a Tacoma. It drives and rides like a dream with a soft but taught feel. I believe it will be my favorite vehicle to drive for many years, because I and my family have experienced that they are made to last.

Love this truck

by Cross1178 from Jonesboro AR on Tue May 23 2017

So far so good but you will want to test drive to see if the seating position is for you. The seats are very low to the floor and you feel almost as if you are sitting on the floor. The transmission isn't my favorite either but it works. The 6th gear is a little high and it struggles in cruise to maintain and I find it downshifting on the slightest of hills. So far the real world mpg is around 18 with mostly in town driving with the trd off road package.

So far could not be happier

by Stavros from Scaggsville, MD on Fri Mar 31 2017

My TRD off-road is a dream to drive. Went from a small Nissan Versa these past 5 years, after many years of a SUV and glad I'm back to the big boys. Never owned a Toyota before and I doubt I'll own anything else from now on.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 32

Our Take on the 2017 Toyota Tacoma

The verdict:

Toyota has crafted a solid update to the country’s best-selling midsize truck, but a cramped interior and questionable ergonomics keep it from being the best midsize truck.

Versus the competition:

Though its TRD models have an edge off-road, the updated Tacoma is less spacious, comfortable and efficient than the Chevrolet Colorado, GMC Canyon and Nissan Frontier. It also falls behind the GM trucks in towing capability and safety features and technology content for the price.

Editor's note: This review of the 2016 Toyota Tacoma was written in April 2016. Since then, Toyota has added a top TRD Pro model for 2017, which you can see here. For more of what's new for 2017, click here, or to see a side-by-side comparison of the two model years, click here.

The midsize pickup segment, which had been shrinking year over year, is heating up thanks to the smashing success of GM’s redesigned Colorado and Canyon twins, which have been selling like crazy since their reintroduction just more than a year ago. But the Toyota Tacoma has been freshened for 2016 with new styling, a new interior, new engines and some new electronics (compare the 2015 and 2016 models here).

I... Read More