2001 Tundra

2001 Toyota Tundra

2001 Toyota Tundra

5 out of 5 stars Reliability

Have You Driven the 2001 Toyota Tundra?

Best Truck Ever

by Cr from on Wed Nov 24 2010

the truck is invincible- 200,000 miles and not one problem. I am the original owner and will never sell my truck.

Great Truck!

by Tundra Man from MO on Thu Mar 08 2007

I love my Tundra. I have the Access Cab SR5 4x4 with the V-8. This is the first vehicle I have owned that required no repairs in 2 1/2 years of driving it. The engine has great power, the transmission is sooth, and the truck drives great. The A/C is very cold and the heater works great in the winter time. I really like the push button 4x4 also. The cruise control in this truck holds speed better than any other I have used also. what can I say it's a TOYOTA.

Fun to drive

by Jodjr from New Hampshire on Sun Jul 08 2007

I bought mine used with 4.7 V8 and Auto SR 5 model. I have 100k on it now and still rides great. I replaced the shocks and steel rims with alloys. Also added a CD player. No rattles or noise. One thing bothers me is the hood release sticks sometimes....Great truck well put together. I owned a Chevy 2002 2500HD prior to this and it didn't compaire in the way it was built.

Amazing Truck

by Camp from PA from West Chester, PA on Wed Nov 13 2013

I recently bought my 2001 Tundra- Limited Access Cab with 170k miles on it. I had been shopping for a pickup for less than $8Grand. I found many Chevy S10's and a few Ford F150s. The problem was, even if they were low miles, the body and/or the frame was rusting away, or serious mechanical repairs were necessary. This Tundra rides better, runs smoother, and has no major rust anywhere on or underneath! Steering is tight, no squeaks or rattles. It is amazing! I never thought I'd own a 'foreign' truck, but knowing it's made in Princeton IN relieved my angst about that! My son will be driving it mostly, so knowing it's also a very safe vehicle is reassuring.

Most Amazing Truck Ever

by The Ultimate Full Size Truck from Martinsville, Indiana on Thu Mar 11 2010

I bought this truck used and its 9 years old, but it is the most amazing full size truck I've ever bought. Toyota's can't be beat in quality and durability. Its so reliable too. I've had fun pulling people out of snow drifts all winter, and am looking forward to camping a lot this spring. Its the best truck I've ever owned. The mpg isn't too amazing at 17 mpg avg, but the quality and reliability make up for it. I would recommend this truck to everyone!

best truck ever

by person from omaha,ne on Thu May 26 2011

there an awesome truck at everything yhu use it 4 anything yhu want it 2 do it does it works great 4 anything

Wonderful Service

by Happy Buyer from on Mon Feb 17 2014

Thanks guys for giving my family such a great deal, my husband loves the truck it was great doing business with you. Thanks for working with us we will make sure to keep an eye on your inventory when we need something else.

Good Truck

by Rock Nerd from Montrose, CO on Wed Nov 15 2006

I do love my Tundra, but there are some issues with it. Got the 3.4L, V6 version, and like the extra 3-4 MPG over the V8, but it's underpowered for the size of the truck. It doesn't handle all that great on-road, and tends to sway from side to side. Will attempt to change out the anti-sway bushings to see if this helps. after ~115k miles, the stock suspension is really driving me crazy off-road, I have lots of problems bottoming out the leaf springs, even driving slow with little weight in the back. the latches on the suicide door wing windows broke when the doors were shut while the windows were open, seems like a manufacturer/design defect. everything else though I think is great!

As Usual... Toyota Is Awesome

by jt from la on Tue Oct 23 2007

My second Toyota pu. First one went 153,000 miles, then blew a head gasket. Toyota fixed it, even though I was the third owner. When the Tundra came out, it was the truck for me. Have only had to replace the front brakes, and an O2 sensor. 77000 miles and no other problems.

Wonderful Truck

by Rock Hound from Montrose, CO on Tue Sep 04 2012

I have a 2001 Tundra 3.4L V6 4x4 Access cab, with the SR5 package (his name is Hunter). I love this truck- almost 300k miles with very few complaints, and still on the original clutch. Quite a few of the miles were off highway since my wife and i are both geologists/outdoor enthusiasts and used it for work and adventuring all over the desert SW. Highway MPG was ~20-21, city was ~15. No major repairs required, i'm pretty religious about changing the oil every 7k miles and the timing belt every 90k. i have a little carbon buildup in the tailpipe now, and they say the catalytic converter needs replacing. Not the most powerful truck, and hills can be a bit slow, but pulled pretty good loads up and down some steep grades. 4x4 is excellent, very well balanced and has a great low end. I replaced the SR5 shocks with Bilsteins and added a pre-load and an 'add-a-leaf' to tighten the ride, which worked well. only complaints are the wing window latches snapped within ~20k miles because we closed the doors with them open, and the sun-visors lost their staying-up ability, so we used some velcro stickies. hit a deer last weekend, and never lost control since the truck is so solid. barely felt it actually. waiting on the adjuster right now, and i fear Hunter will be totaled because of the high miles. i hope not, he's been a great, reliable friend.

1 2