2001 Toyota Tundra consumer reviews

$15,605–$16,445 MSRP range
side view of 2001 Tundra Toyota
Explore the 2001 Toyota Tundra

Great truck for amazing price

This is new truck in a old body. New frame, new mechanical, new stereo, back up camera, new tires, new almost everything you can imagine.

Cant go wrong with an old school Tundra!

I bought a 2001 Toyota Tundra with !57,000 miles. The most important thing is to make sure you check for rust underneath the vehicle. Also, check to see if the timing belt and water pump have been changed. Goodluck! Follow your owners manual for recommended service. Lastly, I would recommend using genuine Toyota parts when serviced, Good luck!

4.4

Very reliable truck

I love my 2001 Tundra, have the V8 limited. I am wanting another Tundra, but my current one may delay that move for another ten years at this rate

3.7

Very dependable vehicle for work or College Studen

Every time I get in it to go somewhere, it always gets me to where I'm going. Very dependable. Very strong motor and transmission always changed oil every 3 to 4,000 miles uses regular conventional oil

4.4

Still reliable after nearly 200,000 miles.

This truck has been reliable and capable. It still runs great after 13 years and almost 200,000 miles. It is till powerful and drives great. It’s a good size larger than a mid-size but smaller than the newer Tundras.

Love my Tundra!

Bought a 2001 Toyota Tundra limited access cab V8 4WD. Has everything you need in a reliable truck. Bought it from a Toyota dealership with 157,000 miles. Previous owner who traded it in, simply wanted a 5.7 liter instead of the 4.7. I have had no major problems except the brakes were squeaking really bad especially when applied in reverse. Toyota resurfaced my rotors and installed their brake pads and haven’t heard a squeak since! Hard to find these used trucks. I recommend the first generation Tundras to anyone. Go find one! Goodluck.

Love my Truck

Overall i love it. bought it with 220,000 mile,s. one owner well taken care of and serviced. i have had no problems with it. so comfortable.

4.1

Toyota Tundra

Toyota quality is superior. 18 years ownership of 2 and will buy again. Want well over 200,000 miles? Drive a Toyota. Love my Toyotas! Or, why not buy 2! Haha!

Great experience for 18 yrs

Bought 2001 V-6, 5-speed SR5 new Dec 2000. 180K and still drives well. No major problems - has been well maintained by excellent mechanic. Both CConverters need to be replaced, but haven't done it with no apparent problems for 2+ yrs. This truck has served me better than any other vehicle I have ever owned - I have been driving for nearly 50 yrs. I hope to have it until I am done driving.

Best truck I have owned so far...

I recently sold this truck to purchase a 2018 Tundra. My 01 was an amazing truck...241,000 and it drove and ran like a truck with far less miles. I let the truck sell it self. An employee of the shop where I had the truck serviced bought the truck. I would highly recommend a 2001-2005 Tundra.