2009 Tundra

2009 Toyota Tundra

2009 Toyota Tundra

4.2

4 out of 5 stars Comfort

Have You Driven the 2009 Toyota Tundra?

Great

by Jay from fort worth, tx on Sat Aug 14 2010

I have read some negative review, so I was a little skeptical about the truck. I went and first tried out a Chevy, Ford and of course last Tundra. Chevy was up there too, but when I tried the Tundra I was blown away. I didn't think I was going to like it. I bought a 09, v8, dblcab, 4x4. The only thing was the radio knobs is a little far to be changing. Might didnt come with running boards, you need them. Gas mileage was a huge deal with me, but all three vehicle do the same mileage per gallon. You cannot go wrong with the vehicle, but of course everyone has a different opinion. It comes down to own point of view.

power with reliability

by me from homestead,fl on Fri Jun 15 2012

No break downs or shop time with excuses. I had all the other american brands and dissapointed with quality and performance. This truck with the 5.7 litre is the best. Does not have the luxury options as others but is outstanding in performance and reliability.

Great truck

by BigTex42 from Longview, TX on Wed Mar 22 2017

Over a thousand highway miles already, and it has all the power I could ever need and gets better mileage than advertised. A dream to drive, and the perfect truck for me.

Love my 08 CrewMax Limited

by Furrball from Sicklerville NJ on Sun Dec 13 2009

I bought my 08 Crew Max Limited 4x4 back in May of this year. Traded my 06 F150 Supercab 4x4. All i can say is that I love this truck. I pull a 31 forr travel trailer and sometimes forget I am pulling something. I used to pull the same trailer with my F150 and boy did it struggle. I really liked my F150 but I needed something with a bigger cab and bought the Crew Max. ( The inside of this is huge ) My Tundra has the optional TRD Dual exhaust and the TRD Big Brake Kit that has 16" slotted and drilled rotors. Unbelievable stopping power. When I first got it I pulled my trailer without a trailer brake controller and my truck stopped it like nothing was attached. Love It!! i wish the interior was nicer, but it it very comfortable I might add..

Uses car for Towing

Love my Tundra

by stick from Delta, Oh on Sat Oct 03 2009

This truck handles well in city/Hwy driving. I pull a 29 foot camper. It has no problems with this. I have had to watch my speed as it pulls so smoothly, tha tI forget I am towing

26000 miles and loving it

by bridge man from Cayuga ,indiana on Fri Sep 10 2010

this is the badest truck i have ever owned.added dual exhaust and a km breather. really fast truck. de badged it totally. front end soild black with mesh grill no bling except wheels 20 inch double pump gear alloys, i mean every body wants to know if it is a dodge or a ford lol really nice truck

"And there did appear, in the east, a Mighty Truck

by BigDog from NE Georgia USA on Fri May 29 2009

Yeah, this thing cooks. I needed a truck. I went looking for an F-150, tried talking to a Chevy dealer (No Sale!), and almost condsidered a Dodge. "And there did appear, in the East, a mighty truck... and I bought it... and it was good. This truck is awesome. I have a 2009 Double Cab 5.7 V-8. Unbelieveable power and responsiveness. Excellent interior layout and room. It definately lives up to its' advertising and then some. It handles great, on pavement or off. Gas mileage is acceptable for an engine that delivers 381 HP and over 400 ft lbs of torque. I have found nothing objectionable about this vehicle. It's exterior appearance is nothing short of intimidating. I am wild about my Mighty Truck!

Best Truck EVER!

by Mongo from Washington on Fri May 22 2009

I taided in my 98 grand cherokee for a 09 Rock warrior. The motor EXCELENT, the tranny EXCELENT! Just about everything on this truck is great, the only bad thing about the truck is the paint. I dont know if its cheap or toyota left out a stage or two but everything seems to scratch it. besides that little bit though its easily the best truck i have ever owned. and for all the people out there who are complaining about the gas milage, GET OVER IT OR BY A HYBRID! you dont buy a truck for gas milage! If you are thinking about buying one just do it, it more made in america than a dodge or chevy, lol.

Best truck on the market!

by Ted from Washington, DC on Mon Jan 25 2010

This is a great truck, it leaves nothing to be wanted. Very few downsides- interior rear view mirror is too small for this truck and needs to be replaced, also a back-up camera should be standard but easy to add on later. I plan on keeping this truck until it dies, gas mileage is satisfactory at 15-16 in the city, and I expect great reliability. You will not regret this purchase!

So Reliable

by Toyota Loyal from Spokane, WA on Thu Oct 24 2013

I'll never buy another brand of pickup. My '01 GMC was junk. So many things went bad on that truck as soon as the warranty was up. Local businesses around here won't lease Dodge trucks since they've had so many reliability issues. Reliability was my main focus when buying. My dad still loves his '07 Double Cab Tundra Limited TRD 4x4 and I love my '09 Double Cab Tundra 4x4. We each have 30' travel trailers and these trucks tow like a dream. I would highly recommend buying this American made truck (in San Antonio, TX).

1 2 3