2020 Volkswagen Atlas Cross Sport consumer reviews

side view of 2020 Atlas Cross Sport Volkswagen
Explore the 2020 Volkswagen Atlas Cross Sport
Shop the 2020 Volkswagen Atlas Cross Sport

Great SUV

This SUV meets all our needs...we don’t need third row seating and the extra room is great! This car has great style and performance exceeds our expectations! VW does it again! There is nothing extra it needs...has all of the bells and whistles you could want.

This is awesome suv

Wife and I had been looking for a while to purchase a suv . We used to own a hummer H3 we bought new 2007 from Bachman auto group in Louisville Kentucky . Anyway she test drove several and none seemed to have comfort we were looking for until we saw the Volkswagen atlas cross sport red line premium. After test driving this was the one we wanted . Called Bachman Volkswagen in Louisville Kentucky . Well rest is history drove up Friday bought the vehicle now home enjoying it

2020 VW Atlas Cross Sport SEL Premium R-Line

Our prime family vehicle had been a 2014 Honda Pilot and once its odometer got too 110,000 miles we decided it was time for it to be replaced. Between the minivan-type styling of the new Pilot and the continued cheapening of the product, we decided to look elsewhere. We considered the Audi Q8, BMW X5, Mercedes-Benz GLE and Porsche Cayenne and focused most heavily on the Audi taking it out for repeated test drives. The powertrain, handling, materials and fit & finish were impressive but it was super expensive and this SUV lacked much "U" (i.e., utility) so we checked out the VW Atlas Cross Sport -- and I was impressed! I told my wife about the VW and she was less than thrilled but was willing to consider it after examining and taking the Q8 out for a test drive. After we got back, all the lamenting about not wanting to drive a VW went away. The vehicle's styling was an immediate hit but so was the spacious interior, intuitive controls and abundant storage. The powertrain -- equipped with the 3.6L VR6 -- coffered spritely acceleration and was smooth and quiet. On top of that, the fully-loaded VW was nearly $18K cheaper than the Audi and offered more safety and convenience features. We've already put 1,000 miles on the VW and have absolutely no regrets. There are all sorts of "Easter eggs" in the vehicle as we discover small features that make the driving experience even more enjoyable. Based on our experience, I can confidently say that this is a vehicle worthy of serious consideration.

Luxury for Less

Agree with many other owners here. VW offers a loaded vehicle for less than the competition. So many compliments received on looks alone. In pure gray. Although the 4 cyl is a bit light than some others I’ve driven, I am thrilled with the quality the digital viewing cluster also having the option. Of gps right at eye level. With the tech a& comfort pkg I never new there could be so many safety features in a vehicle that wasn’t an Audi, Benz or bmw. Interior is so similar to Q8, I def have the better deal.

Best Mid-Size SUV I've owned.

I have owned my cross sport sel r-line for 7 months now awd. It is the best quality suv I've owned and I have owned several brands VW is doing it right with their Atlas line. I'm glad I did not buy the Chevy Blazer RS over this VW! The price was for the options was about 6,000 cheaper and the interior has zero rattles while driving like the cheap honda pilot I drove. All professional reviews keep saying cheaper interior, but this is not a premium line brand, if you want premium go to Audi. Also, the lane tracking/centering works at all speeds over 37 so the cars review is wrong. Now cross sport was named top safety, VW is doing it right. Sad to see professional reviews are out of touch with the market and bias to brands it sad.

4.4

Better now after three tows back to the dealer

I love the car and now that initial “bugs” seem to be resolved I am regaining confidence it will be a good vehicle. All repair costs were covered by the warranty. I am in the so far so good zone.

Love this car!

We really are loving this car! It’s features are way above and beyond! Really nothing we would change. Comfortable and roomy, easy to use electronic features.

Fun to drive!

Just bought my Atlas Cross Sport R line and I love the way it drives, turning ratio is great and has a ton of room for the kids in the back seat!!!Downside is that the beauty outside doesn’t match interior. Interior is pretty basic, doors seems very plastic(y) and interior lighting is almost non existent in comparison to my last vehicle but its good enough.

Great value with all the bells and whistles

Test drove the Acura MDX and liked it, but fell in love with the Atlas Cross Sport immediately when I test drove it. Great value, great size, fun to drive. We bought the 3.6L V6 SEL R-Line With Navigation & AWD. Highly recommend!

I love my new truck!!

Great car! Love the fact that I have a V6 and it has comfort, sleek style and perfect for a family! I would definitely recommend it!