2013 Volkswagen GTI consumer reviews

Explore the 2013 Volkswagen GTI
Shop the 2013 Volkswagen GTI
4.0

The Driver's Car

This car is meant to perform. With regular maintenance and wear an tear items the vehicle has been great and reliable. Been doing Volkswagens for over 20 years now. Even though I work on them myself and for many others in my area these cars are amazing and fit my personal needs for performance and style. As well as luxury.

4.4

A bit higher maintenance costs but worth it for me

Seating is fine and comfortable. Handling is fine. The DSG is awesome. When clean the vehicle looks beautiful. To me anyways. The carbon buildup needs to be cleaned periodically. That is pricey. The DSG costs around 400 for service and happens every 40k. Outside of that the maintenance costs aren't egregious. The headliner has seperated but I use thumb tacks to keep in place. The material is also separating on the driver side door. The rest of the interior has held up good. Car is 7 years old with 90k in mileage. Would I buy one again? I will keep this GTI till it is no longer worth keeping. Then I may get the GTI R. VW's are good vehicles but you must do the maintenance. If you do the maintenance then the vehicle is as reliable as anything else out there. Don't do the maintenance and the vehicle will degrade quickly.

Great car for daily use!

The car is everything we were looking for and more! Comfortable, stylish, moderns goodies, it performs well, good gas mileage. I’ve had a handful of RWD sports cars in the past and this thing isn’t much slower than them and it handles so well for FWD I have to say I am very impressed. But not only that is the inside is comfy I wouldn’t hesitate to take it on a cross country road trip. Not only that but the car would get 30mpg doing it which is impressive being it’s a little turbo charged 4 cylinder. I haven’t had a VW in the past but after having this one I wouldn’t hesitate to get another they really do a good job with there cars. Like any car it has it quirks my gas cap locked itself closed and would not open. But after a little research online and 10 minutes of my time I was able to resolve that issue. I would recommend these cars to friends BUT BUY A STOCK ONE NOT A MODIFIED ONE!

Best car I've ever owned...

It's a sports car, reliable, good on gas (takes premium), can haul 5 people (4 comfortably) and has aged well. I've owned a ridiculous amount of cars in my life and none better than the GTI. Can't imagine a better daily driver. Currently have 99k miles and zero problems...still haven't replaced the brakes. Stick to the maintenance schedule and this machine will run like a clock. It's equally comfortable with a 100 daily commute as it is driving the Tail of the dragon...

Clean, Organized, Powerful, 27 MPG City, Great

The car is the right car for what my family needs. The engine is strong and effective for my wife to drive kids to school every day. The seats are not leather and I like this in the hot Las Vegas sun. I am having the air conditioning checked. It is a 2013 and the air conditioning is weak. However the rest of the car I believe is good for 150,000 miles. I had a Toyota Corola and the engine was burning oil at 125,000 miles.

MAAZING

AMAZING CAR would recommend to anyone looking for quality and a fun time, very quick and fun and fast and powerful. Dream car dream price

Amazing hit hatch

The GTI has been with us for 6 years. It has taken care of my daughter since junior year in high school and survived 4 years of college and Michigan winters without missing a beat. Flawless performer in 4 cylinder framework and is far better than any domestic brand. Great handling and the DSG trans is amazing. Huge fun factor in this GTI and don’t let the small appearance fool you - very roomy interior.

Fun and Useful

Second GTI I have had the pleasure of owning. Great all around car. Performance when you need/want it and having 2 kids I have never had a space issue, even when hauling my kayaks or bikes.

4.1

Very fun and stylish car

Went From an 04 R32. Just wanted something more modern and I love the way this car feels. Very nice interior and fun engine. 10,11,mid 12 models did have a timing tensioner issue.

Perfect car

You really don’t need more than a Volkswagen GTI. The performance is there with the 2.0L pulling strong and an enhancing experience can be had with the 6-speed manual. Plaid cloth seats look great and are very comfortable. Car looks great without being too flashy.